Graviteam
April 26, 2024, 10:34:41 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: WoT- Kharkov  (Read 3710 times)
Dane49
Generalfeldmarschall

« on: July 02, 2014, 12:27:23 AM »

World of Tanks has a new winter map of Kharkov  Smiley

How cool would it be to have that map in this game for quick battles.   8)
andrey12345
Graviteam
Generalfeldmarschall

Jerk developer

« Reply #1 on: July 02, 2014, 07:50:32 AM »

World of Tanks has a new winter map of Kharkov  Smiley

How cool would it be to have that map in this game for quick battles.   8)

Too small and to expensive on costs.
Only rich big companies can afford it, in the 8x8 km variant for GTOS, generally it's worth big money and time.

Пользовательский интерфейс будет неуместен на сегодняшних широкоэкранных экранах, а оригинальные карты неопределенного метра и моделирование чисел с низкими лицами заставляют людей действительно не хотеть играть.
Dane49
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #2 on: July 02, 2014, 02:34:22 PM »

I understand that Graviteam doesn't have the budget of these big companies.

I was playing WoT last night and had a match on the Kharkov map and the whole time I was playing all I could think of is how cool it would be if I was playing this game on a map like that.  Cry

I'm not expecting a Graviteam type map of Kharkov in this game, but looking at that map made me wish for one. Sad
Shadrach
Major

« Reply #3 on: July 03, 2014, 04:46:56 PM »

Too many houses  - GT games are not meant for urban warfare, I prefer rolling hills and gullies Grin

But yeah, it looks really good, too bad WoT is like the Call of Duty of tank games  Wink
Dane49
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #4 on: July 03, 2014, 05:36:54 PM »

I disagree  Smiley

While the game doesn't let you simulate combat room to room and let the camera go inside the buildings, I've still had some pretty decent urban combat in the villages and towns especially over and around the brick 2 and 3 storey buildings.

I think with some tweeking this game engine could simulate urban combat quite well at the company and above command level since it isn't a first person shooter game. What I do think would keep urban combat out of this game is the extra amount of new and different building models and levels of destruction that would make it cost prohibitive.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: