Graviteam
April 18, 2024, 07:59:56 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 15
  Print  
Author Topic: Feedback, suggestion and bug thread  (Read 121086 times)
wodin
Generalleutnant

« Reply #40 on: November 27, 2012, 03:13:00 AM »

yeah i would like custom campaigns..but as Graviteam are a small team with limited man hours I'd rather have more quality and features in the actual game than time spent making an editor for custom scenarios.

AP OS beats CMx2 in many aspects..but I have to put CMx2 above it solely because of WEGO. It's such a huge thing to me, I get to see all the action etc in the replay. Where APOS I know I missing some thrilling action at times..well most of the time. I also like CMx2 bigger scale of graphics though I do prefer the bigger maps of APOS. Infact every other aspect of the games APOS for me comes on top. Though CMx2 for all it's gripes will be top of my list as I said because of WEGO. If APOS ever had the option where you can pause anytime and rewind the action I'd be a happy man.

Still for a realtime only game nothing comes close to APOS. I normally can't stand realtime games, usually a click fest. the only games I enjoyed where Close Combat 2 ..after that the inf became more and more vulnerable, I enjoyed the later game sin the series but I had to mod the Inf survivability. Then along came AP and nothing comes close. Graviteam are the most underrated developer around.
« Last Edit: November 27, 2012, 03:16:09 AM by wodin » Logged
Flashburn
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #41 on: November 27, 2012, 04:09:59 AM »

The AP series is measured against Battlefront's Combat Mission series.  And the AP series outshines the CM series in every area except the editor and multiplay.  So if you do nothing else youve still scored quite a coup.

Each game has its own features. Let CM be our own and AP our own.
For 10 years, the development of CM, its editor and multiplay a very well. We do not make sense to strike where our positions are weak.

I hear your reluctance to put more resources into an editor that does exactly what you want it do. But your a programmer, you may think "GUI's are for dummies".  We're users, and we need GUI's.
No, of course good GUI it's a great. But it really slows down the development of the game in our case. Since for the development does not need it, but spend time on it instead of the game need a lot.

I dunno, personally I feel the one area that is hurting Achtung Panzer the absolute most is the fact that there are no custom campaigns.

Putting in the 40 hours to build a gui that then permits the fanbase to put in thousands of hours in content creation seems to me to be an absolute no brainer.

Yes a GUI tastic editor would help BUT the only issue is an easier way to create DIV POOL files.  JUST a utility for this should help a metric TON for people IMO.  The fact is the editor EXCEPT for setting up div pool is quite simple to use.  Its JUST ripping/modifying/creating a custom one that trips people up IMO.  Once your past that its pretty simple.  So if someone could make a simple GUI-tastic utility to create custom div pools.......................  Could be used for both APOS AND SABOW.  I do not have the knowledge to do such things so do not ask me...lol Tongue 

Yabba dabba do
Capt Sam
Major

« Reply #42 on: December 04, 2012, 12:10:04 AM »

Could we please have the unit icons off on the big map when they are off on the 3d world?  This will force the player to read the map like he should be doing.
Dane49
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #43 on: December 04, 2012, 12:20:46 AM »

Could we please have the unit icons off on the big map when they are off on the 3d world?  This will force the player to read the map like he should be doing.

Or ,how about this as a suggestion also-

Only show unit icons of the units that the overall commander has either a visual a radio or landline communication with.
« Last Edit: December 04, 2012, 04:24:58 AM by dane49 » Logged
andrey12345
Graviteam
Generalfeldmarschall

Jerk developer

« Reply #44 on: December 04, 2012, 05:53:39 AM »

Or ,how about this as a suggestion also-

Only show unit icons of the units that the overall commander has either a visual a radio or landline communication with.

It is not clear why this is necessary, if the 3D player still  can see all. It seems contrary to the choice of showing it. And do not make a game of hide and seek  Grin.

Пользовательский интерфейс будет неуместен на сегодняшних широкоэкранных экранах, а оригинальные карты неопределенного метра и моделирование чисел с низкими лицами заставляют людей действительно не хотеть играть.
Dane49
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #45 on: December 04, 2012, 05:58:04 AM »

OK,your right,
I didn't think  that suggestion very well.
« Last Edit: December 04, 2012, 07:55:27 AM by dane49 » Logged
whukid
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #46 on: December 04, 2012, 07:59:27 AM »

I have a suggestion:

HOW BOUT SOME MAPS!  Grin

Flashburn
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #47 on: December 04, 2012, 08:36:00 AM »

Burning airplanes! 

Yabba dabba do
Schuck
Oberstleutnant

« Reply #48 on: December 04, 2012, 11:04:41 AM »

Here's an idea,
How about giving the player the option to turn off unit icons, map icons, various parts of the UI, so the player can decide how he wants to customise the game to his own taste.
I personally play without using the map at all, and the UI disabled.
I like a nice "clean" screen, much more realistic and immersive.
When you squad lock on an individual unit and drop to ground level to follow it, i dont think any other game comes anywhere near this.
Just those damn blue boxes spoil it for me!
And was war not a game of cat and mouse?
If you want to see the enemy look through your binoculars, not just cheat and look on the map!
I love to send out  Reccy units and follow them to try and find where the enemy are.
Reconnaissance units where the most important units in the field, something that seems overlooked.
Dane49
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #49 on: December 04, 2012, 02:44:40 PM »

I don't know why you can't turn the blue boxes off in your game.I've been able to do this in a number of ways and have explained on other posts how to do this,yet you keep bringing this subject back up.

I am able to achieve the nice clean screen with no UI or unit icons with my game,so I don't know why you are having this problem.

I think you need to take the time to look at all the hot keys and spend some time experimenting with the UI options.

The UI button next to the flag will turn off all the icons and blue boxes,and there is a hot key to turn off the UI.

I'm really at a loss here trying to figure out what it is you want exactly to get the results you are looking for.

Please don't take this wrong,I am not trying to demean you with this posting,I'm just trying to figure out  and ascertain exactly what it is you are asking for.And why you seem unable to achieve this.
Flashburn
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #50 on: December 04, 2012, 03:29:11 PM »

Tongue BURNING AIRPLANES!!!!   Tongue

Yabba dabba do
Schuck
Oberstleutnant

« Reply #51 on: December 04, 2012, 04:51:35 PM »

Hey Dane,
I must be going daft, ive tried the button next to the flag (enable key points display button), called "view counters mode" button.
This cycles through three different icons modes. The blue boxes, squad markers, and squad markers with names.
But it doesnt turn off the icons/markers altogether.
I have read the other posts and tried what you suggested.
The hotkey options are fine, and i know how to turn the UI off.
That isnt a problem.
But you cannot disable the markers/icons either on the map or in game.
By disable, i mean they are not visable.
What im after, is when you select a unit, you will have no icons or markers appear at all.
And like Capt Sam said, it would be nice to have to use the map.
I know i have mentioned it several times before, its just something that niggles me, but could easily be resolved.
You have buttons to disable The briefings, Tactical Info and Key Points, but not icons.
If i knew how to Mod it myself i would, but im an Auto electrician, not a computer programmer!
I will just have to wait for the next patch and cross my fingers!

And while we're at it, lets have some burning airplanes, towed 88's and Nebelwerfers Wink
Dane49
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #52 on: December 04, 2012, 05:44:34 PM »

Schuck,

I'm uploading a video on YouTube now to show how I was able to turn everything off and still lock the camera on individual units.You will still get the icons temporarily while you ID where that unit is on the map to lock the camera on(Which is essential for me because I like to know where that unit is in relation to the other units),but after that its quite simple to revert back to pure screen without the UI and unit ID clutter you don't want with a few simple clicks.

As soon as the video has uploaded I'll post it here. 
« Last Edit: December 04, 2012, 07:07:58 PM by dane49 » Logged
Schuck
Oberstleutnant

« Reply #53 on: December 04, 2012, 07:55:49 PM »

Hey Dane,
I see what youve done there mate, and thats kind of how i do it anyway.
But i dont use the map, as it gives the enemy positions away.
And i already click off the selected unit to get rid of the "blue box" as soon as ive given an order.
I just thought you may have had a magic way of not getting them at all.
Nevermind, 2 slightly different ways to play a great game, on that we can agree! Grin
And thanks for taking the time to do that.

Still like to see towed 88's, (well towed AT guns full stop) and Nebelwerfers. Wink
Dane49
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #54 on: December 04, 2012, 08:10:44 PM »

But i dont use the map, as it gives the enemy positions away.

I never know where the enemy is until they have been spotted or fired and gave their position away,otherwise just my units are visible on the map
No magic way of eliminating the icons completely for me,I actually prefer them for reference when giving new commands.But I guess there should be an option in the options menu to completely do away with them if the player doesn't like them,as long as its an option though,because I still use them if only briefly.

Andrey said the 88mm AA is set for a future DLC,and I also heard mention that guns will be towed eventually ,but haven't heard anything about Nebelwerfers(Those would be nice-mounted and unmounted).

And a Panther tank 8)-this game almost feels incomplete without one regardless of what year these current and future DLCs are suppose to represent.
« Last Edit: December 04, 2012, 08:17:45 PM by dane49 » Logged
Void
Oberstleutnant

« Reply #55 on: December 04, 2012, 08:31:25 PM »

And a Panther tank 8)-this game almost feels incomplete without one regardless of what year these current and future DLCs are suppose to represent.

I couldn´t agree more.

Bring us a Panther tank in the new DLC, please!!!

Edit: and as you´re working on it make all three version please Smiley))
« Last Edit: December 04, 2012, 08:39:47 PM by Voidhunger » Logged
Schuck
Oberstleutnant

« Reply #56 on: December 04, 2012, 09:14:05 PM »

I agree with you Dane,
It should always be an option, as some people like to play with them on.
A Panther would be nice guys.
As long as we get some more weapons from this time period im happy.
Capt Sam
Major

« Reply #57 on: December 04, 2012, 11:04:10 PM »

Having all Icons turned off for the map is realistic.  It forces the player to read the map.  Map reading is challenging, but it increases immersion and enjoyment!  It is "Hide and Seek" to a point.

I also like to turn the mini-map off sometimes and use the NUMPAD5 hotkey for a virtual compass to see which way is North.  I figure which way I'm facing and open the map to get my bearings.  Seeing all those unit icons on the map destroys the immersion and is cheating, since I don't think every soldier and vehicle had a GPS microchip back in WW2.

I'm not saying turn them off completely, but if unit icons are off in the 3d world, why not in the 2d map?

Dane49
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #58 on: December 05, 2012, 12:04:11 AM »

I always disable the mini map.

Don't really need it,been over these maps so many times that if I was to parachute into Taranovka tonight blindfolded I'd probably be able to figure out where I am 10 minutes after hitting the ground and removing the blindfold. Cheesy
Schuck
Oberstleutnant

« Reply #59 on: December 05, 2012, 10:12:45 AM »

Dane,
I know that feeling, i look at pictures on google earth, and actually recognise some of the places! Grin
But i think you and Capt Sam are right.
The ability to turn on and off certain icons in game and on the map is a big selling point.

More options to customise = more appeal to a wide audience = bigger sales = more money!
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 15
  Print  

Jump to: