Graviteam
April 24, 2024, 08:09:51 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: ARMA II - I-44  (Read 16448 times)
Friedrich-Wilhelm
Hauptmann

« on: November 13, 2011, 03:31:16 PM »

Hello,

I recently got into ARMA II and noticed that there is a WW II mod for it, I-44. I would like to install it, but the instructions I found on various ARMA-websites and forums are rather confusing to me. Is there perhaps someone here, who can explain to me which patches are necessary and how they need to be installed? I have the CD-versions of ARMA II Combined Operations and Operation Arrowhead and I am primarily interested in offline play.

Thanks for your help,

FW
whukid
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #1 on: November 13, 2011, 04:50:33 PM »

Hello,

I recently got into ARMA II and noticed that there is a WW II mod for it, I-44. I would like to install it, but the instructions I found on various ARMA-websites and forums are rather confusing to me. Is there perhaps someone here, who can explain to me which patches are necessary and how they need to be installed? I have the CD-versions of ARMA II Combined Operations and Operation Arrowhead and I am primarily interested in offline play.

Thanks for your help,

FW

I think you might wanna check their forums Tongue

frinik
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #2 on: November 13, 2011, 05:26:00 PM »

Hi Fw! The best person to help you would be Murkz because he is one of the modders who worked on Arma i44.Why don't you PM him?This mod looks awesome.I saw vids of it on youtube and both models and game play are fantastic.Talk about a well done job! Smiley

BTW what happened to your private email address?It looks like it's been hacked and somebody is using it to spread spam.I received 2 emails purportedly from you trying to sell me weight losss products and stuff.Just by the style I knew it couldn't be you so I tried replying to you and I got a message that your email address is invalid.If it's the case could you please PM me your new one? Huh?

Cheers
« Last Edit: November 13, 2011, 05:39:26 PM by frinik » Logged
Friedrich-Wilhelm
Hauptmann

« Reply #3 on: November 13, 2011, 07:09:37 PM »

Hello Whukid,

I checked several I-44 forums/discussion groups and asked for advice here because the informationI found over there was rather confusing to me.

Hello Frinik,

Thanks for the advice. In regard to my private mail account, you guessed right: It was hacked and someone sent unauthorized advertisements from it. I have since terminated my old account and set up a new one. I sent you an email from the new account today, explaining the situation.

FW
frinik
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #4 on: November 14, 2011, 02:34:26 AM »

HI FW1May be you already checked that forum our but just in case.This is the link Murkz posted on the SubSIm HQ forum for i44 mod instructions:

http://panzersim.forumotion.com/i44-f19/i44-currently-the-best-ww2-tanksim-t231.htm
murkz
Oberstleutnant

« Reply #5 on: November 14, 2011, 07:13:55 AM »

The easiest way to play I44 is to get 6 updater and install it:
http://www.six-updater.net/2011/08/six-updater-v26-wip-report-2-pre6.html

They you need to browse to mods in 6Updater and choose the I44 mod, It will then install it and you can then launch it from 6U as well.

Jeff

Friedrich-Wilhelm
Hauptmann

« Reply #6 on: November 14, 2011, 04:08:21 PM »

Hello All and thank you for your help.

@Murkz: Thanks for the links. I downloaded six-updater and tried to install it. It wants to be installed in C:/Program Files/(x-86) etc, etc. However, I use Windows 7 and have installed all my game-related files in a separate folder in C:/ Games. That's where all my ARMA II files are as well. Will six-updater still work, if I install it there?

Thanks for your help,

FW

murkz
Oberstleutnant

« Reply #7 on: November 14, 2011, 05:23:47 PM »

Yes FW, I have a similar setup to you and all is well.

Friedrich-Wilhelm
Hauptmann

« Reply #8 on: November 14, 2011, 11:12:21 PM »

Hi Murkz,

Thanks for your help. Progress at last!  Smiley I have installed six-updater and through it installed the I-44 mod. I have played three missions so far: "Scharfschuetze" (runs without any problems), "Landing" and "Tiger Town." With the last two, I get frequent error messages during the game about missing sounds and objects. Could this be because I did not update the base game properly before installing the I-44 mod? So far, I could not figure out how to find out what ARMA II version I am running (Vanilla version from CD Combined Operations/Operation Arrowhead). I could not figure out how to update the base game via six-updater, either. There only is an option to update mods, but not the standard game, it seems.

Sorry to be such a bother with this, but my computer game literacy is rather limited.

Thanks,

FW
frinik
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #9 on: November 15, 2011, 02:25:55 AM »

FW how's the mission that you managed to run without problems?I am truly fascinated by i44 ever since I saw the vid posted on SubSIM HQ.I saw some negative comments by Dowly and I throught shiiit Guy why don't you stop criticising and help if you feel unhappy! The models look absolutely fantastic and the gameplay amazing.

Murkz can the mod be installed on the demo or free verison or Arma II?I suspect not but does not hurt to ask!
Friedrich-Wilhelm
Hauptmann

« Reply #10 on: November 15, 2011, 03:59:13 AM »

Hi Frinik,

As far as I can tell, my I-44 install has only two single player missions from the German perspective, the sniper mission and another one for the Tiger I. I did not find any I-44 campaigns at all, but there are quite a few SP missions from the Allied perspective for infantry, including paratroops, and armor. However, so far, only the German sniper mission runs without problems. All others keep spewing out error messages about various missing things. I assume that I made some terrible mistake installing either the Six-Updater, or the I-44 mod, or both. It seems that I-44 should be visible in-game under "expansions," but it does not appear there. Perhaps, Murkz can help me to sort this out. As far as game-play and visual aspects go, I really like ARMA II and the I-44 mod. I think the modding community contributed fantastic content to this game. To me, this is certainly the best infantry-simulation I have played so far and stands head and shoulders above the other WW II shooters I have played.

Do give it a try.

Cheers,

FW
murkz
Oberstleutnant

« Reply #11 on: November 15, 2011, 08:10:05 AM »

The error messages you are getting is due to 6U (6 updater) asking them to be reported Smiley that can be turned off in the 6U profile.

As for sp missions, I44 is aimed at multiplayer, so sp missions are pretty rare. Though 10 minutes in the editor with DAC and you can have a very good mission. Tanking in I44 is ok, not on a par with SF or TvT as ArmA is an infantry sim at heart. What Pac and Maco have done of late is excellent though for tanking there are some engine flaws that the I44 team will not be able to fix.

Iron Front Liberation 1944, was initially going to be a mod for ArmA2 but the Russian team have bought the use of the ArmA2 engine from BI, they may well have the skills to make the tanks finally behave in ArmA:)

frinik
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #12 on: November 15, 2011, 12:23:43 PM »

Murkz can i44 be installed on top of the free version of Arma 2( basically the demo I guess)?

FW have you played Battlefield2?It´s got very good WWII mods too and the learning curve is less steep than on Arma2.Arma has such a plethora of keys and commands that it takes a lot of time to remember them all
.But the graphics and AI are good and I agree what I played of it is excellent.
murkz
Oberstleutnant

« Reply #13 on: November 15, 2011, 01:28:35 PM »

Unfortunately no frinik. Arma2 Free does not allow mods to be played.

I have the Forgotten Hope mod for BF2, though I don't play it as much as I should Smiley

Oh and I still play Panzer Elite, one of my all time favorites, also does anyone know if Blaze of War will be modable?

Jeff

frinik
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #14 on: November 15, 2011, 05:39:48 PM »

I have both Forgotten Hope 2.0 and 2.4 .Pretty good mods! I also have BF105, an East Front only mod, and xww2 dedicated to the desert war (British and Germans only).

Have you tried PPX2 by Slomo for Panzer Elite?An excellent mod which truly refreshes the old Girl and gives a her a third of fourth life.Really worth the download and very stable!
murkz
Oberstleutnant

« Reply #15 on: November 15, 2011, 06:12:16 PM »

Have you tried PPX2 by Slomo for Panzer Elite?An excellent mod which truly refreshes the old Girl and gives a her a third of fourth life.Really worth the download and very stable!

Yes I have frinik and I do enjoy it very much. I have also donated the Pz II F to the guys for PP2-x

frinik
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #16 on: November 15, 2011, 06:25:06 PM »

Oh Lovely! Generous of you!I saw your Tiger I and II interiors; really beautiful handicraft!You are a gifted artistMurkz!Hope we can use them for SF! Smiley
murkz
Oberstleutnant

« Reply #17 on: November 15, 2011, 10:08:04 PM »

When the interiors are complete, I will pass them along for SF Smiley

lockie
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #18 on: November 30, 2012, 10:17:04 AM »

I like this picture!

Provocative signature removed
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: