Graviteam
March 28, 2024, 11:06:55 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Any chance of adding Panther tanks for the scenario builder ?  (Read 4242 times)
PKH
Oberleutnant

« on: November 22, 2011, 06:17:27 AM »

I just got both Achtung Panzers yesterday, and was hoping for the Panthers to be available. Any chance of adding them in the future ?
andrey12345
Graviteam
Generalfeldmarschall

Jerk developer

« Reply #1 on: November 22, 2011, 07:33:57 AM »

I just got both Achtung Panzers yesterday, and was hoping for the Panthers to be available. Any chance of adding them in the future ?
The game covers the period beginning 1943. In the future, micro-addon (DLC) will be reviewed during the summer of 1942.
The Panthers used the first time in the summer of 1943. As soon as we reach the summer of 1943 - Panther appears in the patch.
« Last Edit: November 22, 2011, 03:03:49 PM by andrey12345 » Logged

Пользовательский интерфейс будет неуместен на сегодняшних широкоэкранных экранах, а оригинальные карты неопределенного метра и моделирование чисел с низкими лицами заставляют людей действительно не хотеть играть.
PKH
Oberleutnant

« Reply #2 on: November 22, 2011, 08:03:17 AM »

Sounds good. I'm looking forwards to that.
Very impressed with the game btw. Looks great and performs great.

Is reliability modelled in the game ? I've read the early Panthers had a lot of problems, and broke down often.
« Last Edit: November 22, 2011, 08:08:54 AM by PKH » Logged
Destraex
Oberleutnant

« Reply #3 on: November 22, 2011, 08:29:29 AM »

If you want to do that for the t34 as well.
I have heard that the T34 was a great tank by design.
But due to the nature of their rushed construction that they basically fell apart after about as long as they were expected to last in combat.
Which was not that long.

But yes the first Panthers at kursk were a disaster. Rushed to the battlefield before they had finished their trials and worked basic bugs out basically. They all broke down.
Unfortunately the germans made some parts to last really well but were forced to rush others due to shortages or just not having things like the right engine or a fully developed one.

As for the americans their tanks were only reliable because they had such a massive supply chain and so many spares that it was almost impossible for them not to keep good turn outs on the field of battle.
« Last Edit: November 22, 2011, 08:35:41 AM by Destraex » Logged
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: