Graviteam
March 28, 2024, 06:48:14 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Questions for Andrey.....  (Read 6783 times)
GBS
Major

« on: November 22, 2011, 05:13:53 PM »

Is there any way to give vehicles reverse movement orders?

Do AFVs have the ability to pop smoke as a defensive measure?

How is the best way to give a unit a recon type order where they will take cover when contact is made?
« Last Edit: November 22, 2011, 06:28:55 PM by GBS » Logged
andrey12345
Graviteam
Generalfeldmarschall

Jerk developer

« Reply #1 on: November 22, 2011, 05:23:25 PM »

Is there any way to give vehicles reverse movement orders?

Yes, you need to click in the rear hemisphere (no further than 30 meters from vehicle).
In the attack order, it will move off to the current opponent (pointed to an orange arrow), and in a move mode just in reverse.

Do AFVs have the ability to pop smoke as a defensive measure?
Yes, if equipped with smk grenade launchers. Shooting is automatic.
Сan also shoot shrapnel against close infantry if armed with frag grenade launchers.

How is the best way to give a unit a recon type order where they will take cover when contact is made?

For the infantry set modifiers hiden and fast movement. Then at the sight of the enemy they are sneak.
For vehicles - is attack mode with hiden modifer if you want to stay unnoticed.
Or defence order.

Пользовательский интерфейс будет неуместен на сегодняшних широкоэкранных экранах, а оригинальные карты неопределенного метра и моделирование чисел с низкими лицами заставляют людей действительно не хотеть играть.
GBS
Major

« Reply #2 on: November 22, 2011, 06:28:33 PM »

Thanks for the quick reply Andrey.These Graviteam games are quite an accomplishment. I hope you eventually cover battles in other areas of Russia. I know from your Karkov 1942 game that you guys do summer season terrain very well.
PKH
Oberleutnant

« Reply #3 on: November 23, 2011, 11:00:41 AM »

The current reverse mode requires too much baby sitting in my opinion, and it also frequently results in the tank turning around 180 degrees after it's done reversing, which is not what you want.

It would be better to have a separate reverse move I think.
andrey12345
Graviteam
Generalfeldmarschall

Jerk developer

« Reply #4 on: November 23, 2011, 12:23:24 PM »

The current reverse mode requires too much baby sitting in my opinion, and it also frequently results in the tank turning around 180 degrees after it's done reversing, which is not what you want.

It would be better to have a separate reverse move I think.

Vehicle turn forward if you give the command longer then 30 meters (or if you give the attack command, and the tank has no target).

For the tanks is difficult to go backwards for a long time (since the driver did not see anything even on the sides, not to mention the backward hemisphere), the implementation of reverse movement for any distance is not realistic. And it is not in our game will be.

Пользовательский интерфейс будет неуместен на сегодняшних широкоэкранных экранах, а оригинальные карты неопределенного метра и моделирование чисел с низкими лицами заставляют людей действительно не хотеть играть.
PKH
Oberleutnant

« Reply #5 on: November 23, 2011, 12:51:02 PM »

The current mode doesn't work reliably. If you tell it to reverse 10m, it will do so but after it's done reversing it will often turn around 180 degrees. This is a bug as far as I can see.
andrey12345
Graviteam
Generalfeldmarschall

Jerk developer

« Reply #6 on: November 23, 2011, 07:08:06 PM »

The current mode doesn't work reliably. If you tell it to reverse 10m, it will do so but after it's done reversing it will often turn around 180 degrees. This is a bug as far as I can see.

In march\defence modes or in some cases in attack mode - yes, but not in movement mode.

PKH
Oberleutnant

« Reply #7 on: November 23, 2011, 08:54:55 PM »

I just did a test of this in move mode, and it happened about half the time. I was testing with a Stug III at the start of a mission with no enemies around. It would reverse the requested distance, stop, then a second later turn around 180 degrees. It should be easy to reproduce.
andrey12345
Graviteam
Generalfeldmarschall

Jerk developer

« Reply #8 on: November 24, 2011, 08:52:08 AM »

I just did a test of this in move mode, and it happened about half the time. I was testing with a Stug III at the start of a mission with no enemies around. It would reverse the requested distance, stop, then a second later turn around 180 degrees. It should be easy to reproduce.
Сonvinced, add to bug list Smiley

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: