Graviteam
April 25, 2024, 01:56:05 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Suggestion for next version  (Read 4509 times)
PKH
Oberleutnant

« on: November 23, 2011, 11:07:36 AM »

I suggest removing separate the strategic mode, and moving it's UI into the tactical mode. This would give the same functionality without switching modes, and without all the loading that follows from that.

Also, let me choose colors for the unit icons and location markers. It's confusing with russians having blue unit icons, but red location markers. It would be better if we choose from a range of colors for each side, and have the same color for units and locations imo.
andrey12345
Graviteam
Generalfeldmarschall

Jerk developer

« Reply #1 on: November 23, 2011, 12:18:26 PM »

I suggest removing separate the strategic mode, and moving it's UI into the tactical mode. This would give the same functionality without switching modes, and without all the loading that follows from that.
And as you think why we did not this?
From harm, or maybe because there were some reasons? Wink

Also, let me choose colors for the unit icons and location markers. It's confusing with russians having blue unit icons, but red location markers. It would be better if we choose from a range of colors for each side, and have the same color for units and locations imo.

A common system: the blue is _always_ enemy, the red _always_ allieds. And it will remain forever.
Everything else is unreliable and ambiguous, especially if several sides involved.

For example, what color are Afghan Mujahideen? And if they fight against Iranian troops? And if the enemy is Iraqi?
Try to answer these questions and your offer will disappear by itself Smiley

Пользовательский интерфейс будет неуместен на сегодняшних широкоэкранных экранах, а оригинальные карты неопределенного метра и моделирование чисел с низкими лицами заставляют людей действительно не хотеть играть.
PKH
Oberleutnant

« Reply #2 on: November 23, 2011, 01:00:09 PM »

I have no way of knowing why you chose the current system with 2 separate modes, so I'm not going to speculate on that.

As to the colors, I see no problems with letting the users choose the colors for each faction. You can have the defaults to the current colors.

I'm just making suggestions that in my mind would improve the game. If you don't like them, ignore them.
andrey12345
Graviteam
Generalfeldmarschall

Jerk developer

« Reply #3 on: November 23, 2011, 07:12:16 PM »

I have no way of knowing why you chose the current system with 2 separate modes, so I'm not going to speculate on that.

This is done for technical reasons. To menu and operational phase did not take resources away from the battle simulation. And in order to simplify the task of our very few programmers.

As to the colors, I see no problems with letting the users choose the colors for each faction. You can have the defaults to the current colors.
In principle, such a choice can be made in the future.

Пользовательский интерфейс будет неуместен на сегодняшних широкоэкранных экранах, а оригинальные карты неопределенного метра и моделирование чисел с низкими лицами заставляют людей действительно не хотеть играть.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: