Graviteam
April 24, 2024, 08:39:16 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: How to use on-board and off-board artillery  (Read 5086 times)
Agrippa
Leutnant

« on: November 29, 2011, 02:03:15 AM »

Just picked up APOS and have been trying to figure it out. A bit disappointing that the English manual's not ready yet, that should be part of the game when shipped. My question is in 2 parts:

1. How do you use on-board assets? Is the only way to fire artillery/mortars through the platoon leader's "area fire" command? That works fine with mortar or howitzer platoons, but how do I get an infantry platoon's integral 50mm mortar to fire?Designating an "area target" by that unit's platoon leader doesn't seem to do anything.

2. I understand how to designate artillery targets, then call fire down. But what happens if the first (spotting rounds) miss? Do I adjust the target area marker? Or do I request another fire mission on the same area and the game will correct? Also, what do the numbers below the target markers mean? The default shows "8-6" but everytime I place or move the target area, I get new numbers - are they map grid coordinates? Do they have any effect in the game?

The game does look pretty damn good though.

Cheers,
Leon
andrey12345
Graviteam
Generalfeldmarschall

Jerk developer

« Reply #1 on: November 29, 2011, 10:59:42 AM »

1. How do you use on-board assets? Is the only way to fire artillery/mortars through the platoon leader's "area fire" command? That works fine with mortar or howitzer platoons, but how do I get an infantry platoon's integral 50mm mortar to fire?Designating an "area target" by that unit's platoon leader doesn't seem to do anything.
At 50 mm mortar rounds the maximum range of fire of about 500 meters.
The target should be located no further than this distance from the _mortar_, and shall also be capable of firing.

When not complicated, it is better to put a screenshot with a description of the situation, and it's hard to say why why do not shoot. Sorry.

2. I understand how to designate artillery targets, then call fire down. But what happens if the first (spotting rounds) miss? Do I adjust the target area marker?
As the firing increased accuracy and reduced time prepare for the next barrage.

Or do I request another fire mission on the same area and the game will correct? Also, what do the numbers below the target markers mean?

The default shows "8-6" but everytime I place or move the target area, I get new numbers - are they map grid coordinates?
Numbers on arty panel - approx time (in 10 seconds) and approx spotting errors (in 10 meters).

In our case "8-6"
8 = ~ +80 seconds to first shell after call
6 = ~ +-60 meters avg initial error

Less than they opened fire faster and more accurate shells bed.

They change when you set a new fire frontier. Depend on how far the spotter (commander) from the target, whether it sees the frontier and his experience and status. When you set in after deploy phase, all the parameters are much smaller.

If the new frontier is not far from the old, the error also decreases.

Пользовательский интерфейс будет неуместен на сегодняшних широкоэкранных экранах, а оригинальные карты неопределенного метра и моделирование чисел с низкими лицами заставляют людей действительно не хотеть играть.
Xambrium
Oberstleutnant

« Reply #2 on: December 04, 2011, 05:24:58 PM »

Just a tip,before you start the battle, after deploy (initial orders) you can preplan the arty sectors without the 10min. delay wich you have in combat(using the flag symbol).  8)
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: