Graviteam
April 23, 2024, 08:00:58 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Step by step guide - "How to install patch"  (Read 12348 times)
andrey12345
Graviteam
Generalfeldmarschall

Jerk developer

« on: December 04, 2011, 08:46:29 PM »

Step by step guide - "How to install patch"

Пользовательский интерфейс будет неуместен на сегодняшних широкоэкранных экранах, а оригинальные карты неопределенного метра и моделирование чисел с низкими лицами заставляют людей действительно не хотеть играть.
GBS
Major

« Reply #1 on: December 04, 2011, 08:53:00 PM »

Where is it?
andrey12345
Graviteam
Generalfeldmarschall

Jerk developer

« Reply #2 on: December 04, 2011, 09:04:44 PM »

Where is it?

http://www.sukhoi.ru/forum/showthread.php?t=73356

Пользовательский интерфейс будет неуместен на сегодняшних широкоэкранных экранах, а оригинальные карты неопределенного метра и моделирование чисел с низкими лицами заставляют людей действительно не хотеть играть.
GBS
Major

« Reply #3 on: December 04, 2011, 09:48:15 PM »

I started over completely and followed your directions word for word and step for step. (good job by the way) Where it fails is after i click finish on the update installation, the update utility "does not" automatically start as depicted on your last image on post #3. I even started the game and open the update utility from the main menu. I followed your instructions, highlighted  desc.addpack and clicked "open" and nothing happens. I did notice at the main menu that the top right still shows v575 and not v577. Don't know what else to do. Huh?
andrey12345
Graviteam
Generalfeldmarschall

Jerk developer

« Reply #4 on: December 04, 2011, 09:58:05 PM »

I started over completely and followed your directions word for word and step for step. (good job by the way) Where it fails is after i click finish on the update installation, the update utility "does not" automatically start as depicted on your last image on post #3. I even started the game and open the update utility from the main menu. I followed your instructions, highlighted  desc.addpack and clicked "open" and nothing happens. I did notice at the main menu that the top right still shows v575 and not v577. Don't know what else to do. Huh?

Your user account has administrator rights?
It is very likely that the game update can't install over the game correctly.

Other ideas while I have not. Sorry...  Huh?

GBS
Major

« Reply #5 on: December 04, 2011, 10:05:29 PM »

You seem to be asking if my user account has administrator rights. I got to say I don't even know what that means. I just purchased and downloaded the game and now want to install the first patch. I have done this with at least 30 games including three graviteam games over the years and this has never been an issue. Why can't the files in the patch that change the game file be installed manually?
Donken
Generalmajor

« Reply #6 on: December 04, 2011, 10:09:10 PM »

If you are using win7 or winvista rightclick on the install file (the one you click when you patch) and then click run as administrator.

The real heroes are those that never came back.
GBS
Major

« Reply #7 on: December 04, 2011, 10:53:53 PM »

If you are using win7 or winvista rightclick on the install file (the one you click when you patch) and then click run as administrator.

At which image in the step by step guide are you referring. I already tried that when I unpacked the patch to the temp file and when I ran the update.
« Last Edit: December 04, 2011, 10:55:46 PM by GBS » Logged
Donken
Generalmajor

« Reply #8 on: December 04, 2011, 11:20:42 PM »

I dont have the game nor looked at the patch itself. But rightclick on those two (it should be those two) that need permission to write over other files: k43t_apos_patch_oct11_eng.exe and op_star_game_update_eng.exe. Then settings --> compability tab and then check: run this program as an administrator then Ok.

This is usually a problem but it isnt for shure this is your problem.

EDIT: This is what you need to do right after you have unpacked your files. Before the patching/updating.
« Last Edit: December 04, 2011, 11:34:21 PM by Donken » Logged

The real heroes are those that never came back.
andrey12345
Graviteam
Generalfeldmarschall

Jerk developer

« Reply #9 on: December 05, 2011, 12:19:16 AM »

You seem to be asking if my user account has administrator rights.

In most modern operating systems is considered (by developers of that OS, not by Graviteam Wink) that the software changes introduced by the administrator (including upgrades). And this is generally correct.

I just purchased and downloaded the game and now want to install the first patch. I have done this with at least 30 games including three graviteam games over the years and this has never been an issue.
I'm sorry, you're the first with such a global, strange problem with patch Sad

Why can't the files in the patch that change the game file be installed manually?
In our game patches do not replace the original game files, so that at any moment you can return to the original game, or switch the order of mods and patches.

andrey12345
Graviteam
Generalfeldmarschall

Jerk developer

« Reply #10 on: December 05, 2011, 12:51:18 AM »

You can try another way.

When you install a game update select to another folder (not a game main folder). After install there will be 4 files in two folders:

bin\rel\x86
  base_shell.codelib
  base_updater.codelib
  res_game_tools.reslib
data\k43t\loc_eng\packed_data
  text_loc_upd.flatdata

Then manually overwrite it (with folder hierarchy) over the game files.

And then try to install the patch by running update utility.

GBS
Major

« Reply #11 on: December 05, 2011, 10:14:16 AM »

I will try this this morning. Thanks.
GBS
Major

« Reply #12 on: December 05, 2011, 10:42:20 AM »

I copied and pasted the files as instructed over the game file. I received a message - "You'll need to provide administrator permission to copy to this folder." I clicked "continue" for all four files. (the other options were Skip and Cancel) Opened the game. Still reads v5.75 at top right. Opened updater at main menu. No change.
andrey12345
Graviteam
Generalfeldmarschall

Jerk developer

« Reply #13 on: December 05, 2011, 08:02:50 PM »

I copied and pasted the files as instructed over the game file. I received a message - "You'll need to provide administrator permission to copy to this folder." I clicked "continue" for all four files. (the other options were Skip and Cancel) Opened the game. Still reads v5.75 at top right. Opened updater at main menu. No change.

"You'll need to provide administrator permission to copy to this folder." - this message suggests that you do need admin rights. That's the way the operating system and nothing can be done about it. Try all the same login as an administrator or overwrite as an administrator.

GBS
Major

« Reply #14 on: December 06, 2011, 11:25:25 AM »

I want to thank all of you who tried to help. There is nothing special about my machine. I run Windows 7 Home Premium. You would think others would have the same issue. I'll just have to see if one of my local computer geeks can help because I think this game and its user interface have more potential than CM and I don't want to stop playing.
GBS
Major

« Reply #15 on: December 06, 2011, 05:37:13 PM »

For anyone interested using Windows 7. I completely uninstalled the game from my hard drive. I re downloaded and installed the game in a GAMES folder I created in the C drive, NOT IN PROGRAMS, as is the default. I patched perfectly! Grin
Flashburn
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #16 on: December 10, 2011, 03:01:32 AM »

Having same issue as GBS.  Windows 7, running as admin, the whole right click admin rights, and no dice.  VERY odd, have not ever had this sort of issue before.  However, I just copied the whole folder out of programsx86 and stuck it under C: as per GBS.  I was thinking this isent going to work as this shouldnt do anything but, ya it patched fine after that.  I blame Microsoft. 

Yabba dabba do
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: