Graviteam
April 25, 2024, 12:26:25 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Noticed odd Infantry behavior....  (Read 9289 times)
GBS
Major

« on: December 09, 2011, 02:53:18 PM »

It involves movement orders while in the tactical phase. I gave a platoon an order to move to a spot previous owned by the enemy. After a short move I noticed they were not moving any more. I gave additional orders to move, attack, and to defend and they would not move forward as if stopped by an invisible wall. I noticed in the overhead map that the area I ordered the move to was blue squares. I have now seen this happen in two separate battles.
andrey12345
Graviteam
Generalfeldmarschall

Jerk developer

« Reply #1 on: December 09, 2011, 03:25:41 PM »

It involves movement orders while in the tactical phase. I gave a platoon an order to move to a spot previous owned by the enemy. After a short move I noticed they were not moving any more. I gave additional orders to move, attack, and to defend and they would not move forward as if stopped by an invisible wall. I noticed in the overhead map that the area I ordered the move to was blue squares. I have now seen this happen in two separate battles.

If not hard please, put a screenshots (with minimap included) as to where this happened?

Пользовательский интерфейс будет неуместен на сегодняшних широкоэкранных экранах, а оригинальные карты неопределенного метра и моделирование чисел с низкими лицами заставляют людей действительно не хотеть играть.
GBS
Major

« Reply #2 on: December 09, 2011, 03:33:22 PM »

If I see it again I'll be glad to. Can I get a quick tutorial on making screenshots?
andrey12345
Graviteam
Generalfeldmarschall

Jerk developer

« Reply #3 on: December 09, 2011, 06:02:23 PM »

If I see it again I'll be glad to. Can I get a quick tutorial on making screenshots?

Press F12 -> screenshot gets into users\scrshots folder

Пользовательский интерфейс будет неуместен на сегодняшних широкоэкранных экранах, а оригинальные карты неопределенного метра и моделирование чисел с низкими лицами заставляют людей действительно не хотеть играть.
Xambrium
Oberstleutnant

« Reply #4 on: December 10, 2011, 08:31:21 AM »

Look at the Stamina, if its too low the troops stop moving..
Schuck
Oberstleutnant

« Reply #5 on: December 10, 2011, 09:38:26 PM »

Hey guys,
Has anybody else noticed that when you give the order to "hold fire" to infantry often they dont when the enemy gets within shooting distance, even if they havnt been spotted themselves.
I had 3 German soldiers throw grenades at 4 Russian tanks and about 20 infantary, even though it was dark and i had given the order to hold fire, and they were hidden in buildings. The Russians duly reduced the buildings to rubble along with the occupants!
I cant remember this happening in AP K43, in fact im sure they only returned fire, after being fired on first.
andrey12345
Graviteam
Generalfeldmarschall

Jerk developer

« Reply #6 on: December 10, 2011, 09:47:33 PM »

Hey guys,
Has anybody else noticed that when you give the order to "hold fire" to infantry often they dont when the enemy gets within shooting distance, even if they havnt been spotted themselves.
I had 3 German soldiers throw grenades at 4 Russian tanks and about 20 infantary, even though it was dark and i had given the order to hold fire, and they were hidden in buildings. The Russians duly reduced the buildings to rubble along with the occupants!
I cant remember this happening in AP K43, in fact im sure they only returned fire, after being fired on first.

Now soldiers what move close to hiding in houses / bushes / trenches "remove" blocking of fire. It's done so that the player does not cheat with impunity, destroying the AI forces.

Schuck
Oberstleutnant

« Reply #7 on: December 12, 2011, 07:50:29 PM »

Andrey,
Is there anyway to reduce the range the "Hold fire" order works at?
Or could it be made an option to disable it, maybe in a future patch?
It gets really frustrating when a platoon of infantry open fire on tanks with rifles, even when ordered not to, and are all duly slaughtered!
Can we have a few more options for the user to be able to enable/disable in the settings?

1: The "Blue Halo" around selected units.
2: The last known position markers on the map (the annoying yellow tanks and infantry icons) that stay on.
3: Showing enemy units on the map that are not in visible range.
4: Turning off the Command /Range rings, especially for Arty.
5: Historically correct vehicle/helmet markings.
6: Allowing the keyboard to still work with the screen user interface turned off.
andrey12345
Graviteam
Generalfeldmarschall

Jerk developer

« Reply #8 on: December 12, 2011, 08:22:45 PM »

Is there anyway to reduce the range the "Hold fire" order works at?
Or could it be made an option to disable it, maybe in a future patch?
It gets really frustrating when a platoon of infantry open fire on tanks with rifles, even when ordered not to, and are all duly slaughtered!

They of course did not open fire on the tanks, but by the crew in the hatches.
Unexpected fire, one of the few effective ways to combat infantry and tanks.

Can we have a few more options for the user to be able to enable/disable in the settings?
It remains, the radius there is not very large (about 15-30 meters, depends on the experience of the enemy forces), but user can not cheat with impunity to throwing grenades into tank.

1: The "Blue Halo" around selected units.
It remains. We see no reason why it will be removed.

2: The last known position markers on the map (the annoying yellow tanks and infantry icons) that stay on.
It is normal practice for wargame, the last place a visible target for some time shown.

3: Showing enemy units on the map that are not in visible range.
The game is displayed _only_ visible enemy units if you have not switched it in the settings.

4: Turning off the Command /Range rings, especially for Arty.
That will change.

5: Historically correct vehicle/helmet markings.
Swastikas and other questionable markings in the English version will not.
Others are correct at a sufficient level. But I am ready to discuss specific examples.

6: Allowing the keyboard to still work with the screen user interface turned off.
It also remains unchanged.

Schuck
Oberstleutnant

« Reply #9 on: December 12, 2011, 10:12:58 PM »

Thankyou for your quick reply Andrey,
I understand now, the infantry are shooting at the tank crew in the hatches and not actually the tank, until i suppose the tank shoots at them?
I just wished they waited until the tank was a little closer! (5 to 10meters)
So as to allow tanks to drive past without being shot at, and giving the infantry positions away.
What about making the "Halo" white in colour, so it blends in abit better?
Everything else where just minor matters, i thought may improve the game for us die-hard realists!
Oh,  Swastikas and Sig-runes are ok in Britian, they are not banned.
Still an excellent game though, one i havnt been able to stop playing Grin
« Last Edit: December 12, 2011, 11:27:30 PM by Schuck » Logged
andrey12345
Graviteam
Generalfeldmarschall

Jerk developer

« Reply #10 on: December 13, 2011, 12:08:03 AM »

Thankyou for your quick reply Andrey,
I understand now, the infantry are shooting at the tank crew in the hatches and not actually the tank, until i suppose the tank shoots at them?
I just wished they waited until the tank was a little closer! (5 to 10meters)
So as to allow tanks to drive past without being shot at, and giving the infantry positions away.

There is no "ideal" solution. In APBFK was initially so that the blocking of fire never really done. But it turned out that this is a very cheat thing  Grin

What about making the "Halo" white in colour, so it blends in abit better?
Can you put a screenshots with explanations that would like to change? And I can see what can do.

Everything else where just minor matters, i thought may improve the game for us die-hard realists!
Oh,  Swastikas and Sig-runes are ok in Britian, they are not banned.

Well here is the thing that is extremely discouraged by publishers. Since now, in general it is difficult to say who would buy an digital version of the game and they do not want to have unnecessary problems.

Still an excellent game though, one i havnt been able to stop playing Grin
Thanks Smiley

potemkine
Oberleutnant

« Reply #11 on: December 14, 2011, 07:46:25 PM »

I too noticed a strange infantry behavior and i dont know what to make of it.

I try to move those 4 recon unit to the center point called theta 2 , and no matter what they wont move past this line.

Here is another view.

Here i try with a single unit, and they also stop at  an invisible line that i colored in red.

I ve try different movement mode, recon, fast mov, march, on road or not, hide movement, and they wont move past that line. And they refused to move even before spotting the tank up north.

FlyinJ
Oberleutnant

« Reply #12 on: December 14, 2011, 09:16:24 PM »

I've had problems with infantry refusing to move, but they don't get caught on sector lines... it can happen anywhere.

I solve it by setting them to "close formation" and "column formation". Then re-issue the move order and they move.

Seems to happen randomly when I'm moving units in "abreast" formation. Don't know what triggers it, but telling them to go back to "column" formation works. I seem to remember this happening with tanks as well (it keeps the "abreast" formation selected even for new units, even though the tank is a single entity).

(Column being the three left-pointing arrows icon, where an infantry platoon walks one in front of another in a line).
andrey12345
Graviteam
Generalfeldmarschall

Jerk developer

« Reply #13 on: December 14, 2011, 11:41:58 PM »

It seems the cause is found, after the next patch will publish the updated combat areas (Rakitnoe, Taranovka) without this bug.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: