Graviteam
April 25, 2024, 08:41:28 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Questions  (Read 4379 times)
FlyinJ
Oberleutnant

« on: December 09, 2011, 08:43:39 PM »

I have quite a few questions about the game, so here go a few:

In the second campaign, I get an airplane unit. When I move this unit, it drops supply troops. What are these used for? In battle they're just fodder, and I can't see any use for them on the campaign map other than taking up space.

I also have had a few spotter units. In the tactical battles, they have no option to call in artillery. The only units I've seen so far who can call in artillery are platoon leader squads. Never a spotter. What are spotters used for if they can't call anything in?

Is there a way to tell a tank to use HE shells to attack an area? I've been able to issue an area attack are order, but they seem to be firing mainly MG and every once in a while an AP shell, even thought there is no armor in the area.

Finally, is there english documentation that explains what all the different weapons, grenades and ammo types are? I had a regular russian infantry unit holed up in a building, and out of the woodline came some germans. My squad in the building opened up with heavy machine gun fire, even though they weren't an MG unit. I hovered the mouse over their ammo, and I only recognized two of the four gun types they were carrying (Psh and rifle, neither of which are HMG). It would be very helpful to know what kind of guns my squad has. Also, what types of grenades and what their ranges are in case I want to use them to take out light armor.

Thanks!
andrey12345
Graviteam
Generalfeldmarschall

Jerk developer

« Reply #1 on: December 09, 2011, 10:02:06 PM »

In the second campaign, I get an airplane unit. When I move this unit, it drops supply troops. What are these used for? In battle they're just fodder, and I can't see any use for them on the campaign map other than taking up space.

Move platoons to the neighboring (with a warehouse) cells, they automatically are charged with ammunition and fuel.

I also have had a few spotter units. In the tactical battles, they have no option to call in artillery. The only units I've seen so far who can call in artillery are platoon leader squads. Never a spotter. What are spotters used for if they can't call anything in?

Artillery observers available in reserve pool, (in some operations they directly in the active part of troops). You can change the any type of support squad (like ATR or MG) on them on first turn.
But commanders also have the opportunity to direct artillery support.

Is there a way to tell a tank to use HE shells to attack an area? I've been able to issue an area attack are order, but they seem to be firing mainly MG and every once in a while an AP shell, even thought there is no armor in the area.

Attack order - it's a order for _movement_  but in a special way, not by firing. To control the fire use orders: set sector, set priority targets and firing with correction.

Choose a tank platoon leader and use the command to fire with the correction (very similar to the guidance of off-map artillery) - tank platoon will be shooting at the intended target by HE and shrapnel rounds at first.

Tanks at WWII period did not have stabilizers and if you send them into battle, then they will be in motion to shoot the main gun with only small distances, preferring automatic weapons such as machine guns.

APHE projectiles used against infantry, if no other ammunition. Some tanks do not have high-explosive ammunition at all (like UK made MkIII and MkII tanks).

Finally, is there english documentation that explains what all the different weapons, grenades and ammo types are?

Specific documentation for a description of ammunition will not be. Although work on the translation of the full manual in progress.
Impact munitions vs armor can be viewed using the in-game diagrams of armor penetration.

I had a regular russian infantry unit holed up in a building, and out of the woodline came some germans. My squad in the building opened up with heavy machine gun fire, even though they weren't an MG unit. I hovered the mouse over their ammo, and I only recognized two of the four gun types they were carrying (Psh and rifle, neither of which are HMG). It would be very helpful to know what kind of guns my squad has. Also, what types of grenades and what their ranges are in case I want to use them to take out light armor.

Grenades thrown at a distance of 30 meters for anti-personnel (RGD-33, M24 and Molotov's) and 10-15 meters for anti-tank (RPG-40, HHl-3, 6xM24).
Every infantry squad has a LMG, MG-34 is for the Germans and the DP-27 for the USSR.

HMGs divided into separate squads marked with the icon. For Germans, it is MG-42, and for the USSR is Maxim and DShK.
« Last Edit: December 09, 2011, 10:04:46 PM by andrey12345 » Logged

Пользовательский интерфейс будет неуместен на сегодняшних широкоэкранных экранах, а оригинальные карты неопределенного метра и моделирование чисел с низкими лицами заставляют людей действительно не хотеть играть.
FlyinJ
Oberleutnant

« Reply #2 on: December 09, 2011, 11:06:59 PM »

Artillery observers available in reserve pool, (in some operations they directly in the active part of troops). You can change the any type of support squad (like ATR or MG) on them on first turn.
But commanders also have the opportunity to direct artillery support.

Attack order - it's a order for _movement_  but in a special way, not by firing. To control the fire use orders: set sector, set priority targets and firing with correction.

Choose a tank platoon leader and use the command to fire with the correction (very similar to the guidance of off-map artillery) - tank platoon will be shooting at the intended target by HE and shrapnel rounds at first.

Tanks at WWII period did not have stabilizers and if you send them into battle, then they will be in motion to shoot the main gun with only small distances, preferring automatic weapons such as machine guns.

APHE projectiles used against infantry, if no other ammunition. Some tanks do not have high-explosive ammunition at all (like UK made MkIII and MkII tanks).

I'm a bit confused. I had a "spotter" unit during a tactical battle. It was I believe two guys. The unit couldn't call in any air support/artillery support, it had no option. They just had basic rifles. On the other hand, I have seen "HQ" units (the ones with flags) of some infantry platoons that did have the option to call in arty.

What was that "spotter" unit used for that I saw?

And, as for telling tanks to use HE rounds when firing on an area, what I mean is:

There is no enemy spotted in the area, but I know they are in the woods. I want to command a tank to fire into the area (which I can do and it works using the "target area" and dragging a box around it). However, the tank fires AP and MG rounds into the area, not HE rounds. Again, I'm telling the tank to fire against something that isn't spotted... just an area. (Also, the tank definitely had HE rounds. I checked by hovering the mouse over it's ammo icon).

Thanks for clearing up the other points though, especially the LMGs in all squads and grenade ranges.
« Last Edit: December 09, 2011, 11:19:02 PM by FlyinJ » Logged
andrey12345
Graviteam
Generalfeldmarschall

Jerk developer

« Reply #3 on: December 10, 2011, 10:10:28 AM »

I'm a bit confused. I had a "spotter" unit during a tactical battle. It was I believe two guys. The unit couldn't call in any air support/artillery support, it had no option. They just had basic rifles. On the other hand, I have seen "HQ" units (the ones with flags) of some infantry platoons that did have the option to call in arty.

What was that "spotter" unit used for that I saw?
Select  spotter squad alone -> spotter panel is appear -> select range, and support params -> call support

There is no enemy spotted in the area, but I know they are in the woods. I want to command a tank to fire into the area (which I can do and it works using the "target area" and dragging a box around it). However, the tank fires AP and MG rounds into the area, not HE rounds.
Please make screens with this issue (with ammo tooltips and enabled command ranges).
How do you define that fires armor-piercing?

Пользовательский интерфейс будет неуместен на сегодняшних широкоэкранных экранах, а оригинальные карты неопределенного метра и моделирование чисел с низкими лицами заставляют людей действительно не хотеть играть.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: