Graviteam
April 27, 2024, 08:14:15 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Possible cause of crash found.  (Read 5519 times)
Thomasew
Major

« on: December 24, 2011, 09:42:50 AM »

Hi All,

I think I have found 1 possible cause for the crashes, and I can now get it to crash with both the M-60 and the T-62.

The problem IS related to changing the Commander views from internal to external, and back again, but only if you have changed what the Commander was doing between switching the views.

For example:

When the Sim starts, press the V key to get the Commander to use the Sight. Then, press F3 to switch to an external view.
When in the external view, press the O key to get the Commander to pop the hatch. The Commander pops up from the Hatch.
Now, .. press the F3 key again, which should take you back to the Internal View, ... but, the Game Crashes. :-(

The reason I think it crashes, is because when you where in the Internal View, you were doing something specific. i.e. viewing though the Sight.
When you switched to External view and got the Commander to pop up from the hatch, you essentially changed what he was doing internally.
So, when you switch back to internal, the game seems to get confused as to which view to show, .. i.e. either the Sight View or the View from the Commander's hatch, thus resulting in a crash. It really should show you the View from the Hatch, but, I think it's trying to load the Sight view again.

I've tried this many times, using both the M-60 and the T-62, and it always results in a crash. I have tried getting it to crash with other crew members, but they don't have the same options as the Commander.

I'm sure that the guys at Graviteam will be able to sort this one out.  Smiley

Until then, just remember to pop the Commander back in his Hatch, .. BEFORE you press F3.  Smiley

Cheers
Tom

« Last Edit: December 24, 2011, 09:58:44 AM by Thomasew » Logged

He Who Will Not Risk Cannot Win
Panzerfaust
Generalmajor

« Reply #1 on: December 24, 2011, 03:47:31 PM »

Nice find Thomasew!
Cheers
andrey12345
Graviteam
Generalfeldmarschall

Jerk developer

« Reply #2 on: December 24, 2011, 08:10:33 PM »

Hi All,

I think I have found 1 possible cause for the crashes, and I can now get it to crash with both the M-60 and the T-62.

The problem IS related to changing the Commander views from internal to external, and back again, but only if you have changed what the Commander was doing between switching the views.

For example:

When the Sim starts, press the V key to get the Commander to use the Sight. Then, press F3 to switch to an external view.
When in the external view, press the O key to get the Commander to pop the hatch. The Commander pops up from the Hatch.
Now, .. press the F3 key again, which should take you back to the Internal View, ... but, the Game Crashes. :-(

The reason I think it crashes, is because when you where in the Internal View, you were doing something specific. i.e. viewing though the Sight.
When you switched to External view and got the Commander to pop up from the hatch, you essentially changed what he was doing internally.
So, when you switch back to internal, the game seems to get confused as to which view to show, .. i.e. either the Sight View or the View from the Commander's hatch, thus resulting in a crash. It really should show you the View from the Hatch, but, I think it's trying to load the Sight view again.

I've tried this many times, using both the M-60 and the T-62, and it always results in a crash. I have tried getting it to crash with other crew members, but they don't have the same options as the Commander.

I'm sure that the guys at Graviteam will be able to sort this one out.  Smiley

Until then, just remember to pop the Commander back in his Hatch, .. BEFORE you press F3.  Smiley

Cheers
Tom

Great great thanks!
 Grin

Пользовательский интерфейс будет неуместен на сегодняшних широкоэкранных экранах, а оригинальные карты неопределенного метра и моделирование чисел с низкими лицами заставляют людей действительно не хотеть играть.
Flashburn
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #3 on: December 24, 2011, 09:20:22 PM »

OMG you are super uber Thomasew.  Explains so much. 

Yabba dabba do
Flashburn
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #4 on: December 25, 2011, 10:00:44 AM »

Followed Thomasew advice........NO CRASHES!   Grin

Yabba dabba do
andrey12345
Graviteam
Generalfeldmarschall

Jerk developer

« Reply #5 on: December 25, 2011, 10:58:25 AM »

Followed Thomasew advice........NO CRASHES!   Grin

We have already found and removed this bug.
Work at least on this description, it will not get Smiley

Big thanks to Thomasew!

Пользовательский интерфейс будет неуместен на сегодняшних широкоэкранных экранах, а оригинальные карты неопределенного метра и моделирование чисел с низкими лицами заставляют людей действительно не хотеть играть.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: