Graviteam
March 29, 2024, 09:11:01 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  
Author Topic: Steel Fury MOD Iraq - Afghanistan!  (Read 18034 times)
Panzerfaust
Generalmajor

« Reply #20 on: July 31, 2011, 10:23:54 PM »

Thanks for the reassurance of continued work on SFK42 WW2 theme stone2009 it's good news indeed  Smiley
On the subject of the Afghanistan mod can you tell us is this going to be historical based mod or will this be more of a "what if" based future conflict in the region. I wanted to ask since I saw a SFK42 video with a M1 Abrams model in it at SimHq and wondered if the two were related somehow.
S!
stone2009
Oberleutnant

« Reply #21 on: August 01, 2011, 10:57:40 AM »

The new versions will be two campaigns based on real events. Unfortunately, to guarantee 100% accuracy is not possible, but based on some data you can try to recreate a picture of what happens in the game. Sorry for my English.
Panzerfaust
Generalmajor

« Reply #22 on: August 01, 2011, 11:59:52 AM »

No need to apologize for your english comrade, as I mentioned to you in the past it's 1000x better then my Russian  Cheesy Just for clairification will this Afghanistan mod be based on past history like the Soviet-Afghanistan War of the 1980's or the more recent American-Afghanistan War or a blend of both? Also what technics are completed now for this mod and what is planned to be in place on the mods release?

Speaking just for myself I'm not to worried about how historically accurate this mod will be. I'm pretty much ignorant about the Soviet- Afghanistan War. At that time I was a young man in my early 20's so my mind was more on women then current events of the time  Wink Thats why I was very interested to see this theater of conflict was going to be included in Steel Armor Blaze of War and because of Vlads personal experiances there I expect to get a good history lesson then.

Also my hats off to you, I didn't realize this was a project you were undertaking by yourself, must be a ton of work for one man  Smiley
stone2009
Oberleutnant

« Reply #23 on: August 01, 2011, 12:37:07 PM »

The modification will affect the period of Soviet international aid to Afghanistan, but in more modern developments in Afghanistan and Iraq. Events in February 1991, the liberation of Kuwait. Events of the second war in Iraq. Plans: T-62, Т-55, M113, HMMWV, Bradley, Leopard 2, Ural, GAZ-66. I hope to be a New Year gift.
frinik
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #24 on: August 01, 2011, 01:58:50 PM »

Wow!Thank you very much STone 2009 for this great gift to the community! The Leopard 2MMMMM Love it!

How do you plan to handle the physic and balistic not to mention the common resolution files which are designed for WWII tanks without laser range finders, stabilisation systems to allow shooting while the tank is moving, the various new ammo , the Chobbham armour, radars, night and thermal vision etc- ???Will this mod also be incorporated into Steel Armour Blaze of War

BTW I have been playing your mods and missions up to Cherkasskoe Beta since 2008 and I want to thasnk you for your outstanding contribution to Steel Fury.I am a great fan of your work! I read the Sukhoi Avia forum regularly.

Regards

Frinik
stone2009
Oberleutnant

« Reply #25 on: August 01, 2011, 11:05:10 PM »

Wow!Thank you very much STone 2009 for this great gift to the community! The Leopard 2MMMMM Love it!

How do you plan to handle the physic and balistic not to mention the common resolution files which are designed for WWII tanks without laser range finders, stabilisation systems to allow shooting while the tank is moving, the various new ammo , the Chobbham armour, radars, night and thermal vision etc- ???Will this mod also be incorporated into Steel Armour Blaze of War

BTW I have been playing your mods and missions up to Cherkasskoe Beta since 2008 and I want to thasnk you for your outstanding contribution to Steel Fury.I am a great fan of your work! I read the Sukhoi Avia forum regularly.

Regards

Frinik

Thank you. Leopard tanks were active in fighting in Afghanistan. In January 2008 the Danish tanks stopped flanking maneuver the Taliban near the Helmand River, provided fire support for the Danish and British infantry with elevation.
On December 7, 2008 The Leopard 2 is part of "Operation Red Dagger." The tanks got 31 ammo for the support of coalition forces in the capture of the town of Nad Ali in Helmand province, the western part.
Realize a laser rangefinder, thermal imager, stabilisation systems very difficult.
I'm sorry, but now I have no answer to this question. Now the game engine can not implement it. But there are some ideas.
So I'll continue to create new and exciting missions and campaigns for Steel Fury WWII.
I'm flying today, but I'll try to be in touch.

Regards

Stone2009
« Last Edit: August 01, 2011, 11:19:28 PM by stone2009 » Logged
lockie
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #26 on: August 07, 2011, 07:49:58 PM »

interesting, but as my my point the game wasn't designed for the modern techniqs.

Provocative signature removed
Tyockell18
Oberleutnant

« Reply #27 on: January 25, 2012, 08:46:51 PM »

Sorry I know this topic is old but I have interest in this mod and wish to know if it is still in the works?.
frinik
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #28 on: January 26, 2012, 01:48:31 AM »

I have checked the Avia forum where Stone 2009 ususally posts but no sign of life.Not sure but he may have dropped the idea or simply found too many technical problems trying to create modern tanks with the existing game engine designed with WW2 ballistics in mind?Huh?

May be Lockie or Mistwalker may know more about it?
« Last Edit: January 26, 2012, 07:10:39 AM by frinik » Logged
lockie
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #29 on: January 26, 2012, 06:30:19 AM »

As I know, this project will never be released, because of the technical issues.

Provocative signature removed
frinik
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #30 on: January 26, 2012, 07:42:33 AM »

Can't say that I am surprised.
Tyockell18
Oberleutnant

« Reply #31 on: January 27, 2012, 12:00:09 AM »

Alright thanks for letting me know,  SABOW is obviously the much better choice for such mods anyways.
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  

Jump to: