Graviteam
April 19, 2024, 02:53:27 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 8
  Print  
Author Topic: Hi everyone, more new missions. (for the Panzer 38t)  (Read 85497 times)
Kyth
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #20 on: January 17, 2012, 10:51:48 AM »

Hello again!

Once more, we have a chance for you to prove your skills.

Kyth Mission 2_02

In this Semi-historical Scenario, Irresistable Force meets Immovable Object! The question is, who is who? ... Never mind, just keep shooting!

Get the mission here!

http://www.4shared.com/rar/ZxWiEjSh/KythMission202.html

And of course, add in this line to 'user_camp.engcfg':

KY2_02, txt_mc_mymission2_2, 1, 0, Back_KY202.jpg, txt_cit_02, 20, txt_history_ky2, trappenjagd, levels\levels\cm_users\KY2_02.level;

Other Installation requirements:

The following mods are required to run these missions:

i.  Steel Panzer Mod v1.5 (beta)
ii. SPM1.5 beta fix
iii. Unofficial Patch SF v0.1
iv. SPM1.5 NTA 1.3 or SPM1.5 NTA1.4 (choose either one)
v.  Popgunsv2 (highly recommended)

The “Popguns mod” can be downloaded  here:
http://www.4shared.com/rar/l6Qps8i1/Popgunsv2.html
and activated / deactivated separately using JSGME. It's a modified common_res.engcfg file, based on 'NTA 1.4'.

Good luck, everyone!

"What am I, chopped liver..?"

"Yes."
Kyth
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #21 on: January 18, 2012, 09:24:48 AM »

Mum's the word, eh?  Grin

If anyone's tried out these little missions, do you have any helpful comments or suggestions?
Which would make them a better product, of course,

"Yes."
frinik
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #22 on: January 18, 2012, 12:38:27 PM »

Sorry Kytrh I downloaded your mission yesterday but I haven't installed and played it yet because I am busy on other fronts.However you'll be hearing from me soon or you can reposess my Panzer 38(t)!!!!! Grin
Rends
Generalmajor

« Reply #23 on: January 18, 2012, 01:26:53 PM »

Mum's the word, eh?  Grin

If anyone's tried out these little missions, do you have any helpful comments or suggestions?
Which would make them a better product, of course,

Kyth, could you do me a favor and create less unit numbers missions that will work on my low end System too? Most if not all of your missions crashs on my end here and i´m pretty sure it happens because of of to many (different) units on the map.
So if possible tweak the missions with the unit balance slider that it will be playable here too. Than i could give you a feedback on your mission(s) .
Thx,
Rends

BTW: It´s not only your missions. I have the problem with lot of other (most times russian made) ones too. I don´t blame the creator of the missions but the graphic card in my MacMini.

Fight blood cancer register at : http://www.dkmsamericas.org/
Kyth
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #24 on: January 18, 2012, 01:38:59 PM »

Okay, I'll give some thought about doing smaller missions,

"Yes."
hemisent
Oberst

« Reply #25 on: January 18, 2012, 02:40:59 PM »

Kyth
 I've played the first mission a couple times with force balance now at 8. The mission plays out well as do all of yours. I have no problem other than the puny t-38. I'm not used to the little panzer and it feels like I'm in a moving wash tub with a BB gun Grin.

You really have to figure out your tactics to get any kind of success because you sure don't have brute force on your side. As a whole I'd rate it very high on the scale. Well designed and executed.

Don't be offended if I substitute a pz-III and see how that feels.

Cheers
H

ps.          DL'd mission 2 and trying it out later
Kyth
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #26 on: January 18, 2012, 02:49:51 PM »

Thanks, I'm glad it's working out okay! Feel free to experiment with the Panzer III, though I think it's tipping the balance a bit  Smiley

"Yes."
hemisent
Oberst

« Reply #27 on: January 19, 2012, 02:58:17 AM »

Thanks, I'm glad it's working out okay! Feel free to experiment with the Panzer III, though I think it's tipping the balance a bit  Smiley

Kyth
 I already thought about the balance by changing to the pzIII and I suppose it wouldn't hurt to increase either the AT defense or add some additional armor. Anyway, just a thought.

Again, great work!

H
Kyth
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #28 on: January 19, 2012, 05:24:09 AM »

Yes, the added defenses could restore the challenge to the mission. Another idea is to use the short-gun Panzer III, which is only slightly more of an advantage.

I hope you enjoy the 2nd mission as well!

"Yes."
hemisent
Oberst

« Reply #29 on: January 19, 2012, 08:45:40 PM »

Yes, the added defenses could restore the challenge to the mission. Another idea is to use the short-gun Panzer III, which is only slightly more of an advantage.

I hope you enjoy the 2nd mission as well!

You know Kyth, I never thought of the short barrel version. I think that may be interesting. I don't want to lose the mission's challenge.

Cheers
H
whukid
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #30 on: January 20, 2012, 01:45:12 AM »

Dear Kyth,

I love your missions. I usually spend 3-4 hours playing them stock, and then I usually feel the need to make them more "late war" missions. Essentially, all those KV-1's become IS-2s, the Panzer38t's become Tigers or Panthers, and everything else gets upgraded to a T-34/85 or a Panzer III/IVf1. Keep them coming Smiley

Sincerely
-whukid Grin

frinik
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #31 on: January 20, 2012, 02:23:08 AM »

Whukid I wish there was a WWII mod in BF3 and be able to import SF's models onto soem of the maps.That'd be awesome! Grin
frinik
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #32 on: January 20, 2012, 07:02:30 PM »

Hello Kyth!  Finally installed your mission and got it working after a false start.Initially I was getting 005 error message " missing textures"Huh??What was stranger was that instead of getting the usual poetic title of your missions I was getting in my user games list Ky_02_txt_mission etc. I scratched my head sicne I had installed the mission properly and it showed as Kyth mission 202 in my JSGME and I checked the line in my user_camp and it was fine.Then inspired by a muse I installed your mission 201 first and then enabled mission 202 and Lo and behold it worked! Played the mission at balance 10.I enjoyed your usual misty and rainy weather.The atmosphere was very good and with that dramatic SF music in the background setting to toen of the drama unfolding I enjoyed the battle killing 6 tanks until running otu of AP and then turning to my faithful HE except they were landing a few feet in fornt of my tank with a plop????I then stopped the game and checked my common res file where sure enough I found out that while making changes to the shell values as your ecommended I had accidentally erased the 7 from the shell velocity of the Panzer 38 t leaving those shells with barely 30 metres/second velocity Grin Corrected my mistake but by then ti was 12:35 AM and time to go to bed.So tomorrow Am your mission and I have another appointment.One thing is sure " Your missions never disappoint and are always well made and enjoyable!"Looking forward to round 2 wirth working HE rounds this time  Embarrassed

Based on my limited experience I feel this mission will earn a 9/10 easily!
Kyth
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #33 on: January 21, 2012, 12:12:07 AM »

Okay, better luck next time  Grin

Make every shot count!

"Yes."
frinik
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #34 on: January 21, 2012, 06:45:31 PM »

OK played it again.I was doign well; 8 tanks killed and on my way to the village when out of nowhere a side shot kills me.A T-26 stuck in a tree practically upside down shot me at 320 metres.... Huh? Huh? Huh?

All Sov tanks minus this one were destroyed for only 2 of my Panzers killed and 4 immobilised.Aghhhhhh! Will try again tomorrow as I have a computer under repair at home so I am not free to play as I'd like to. Good mission tough but good.Keep'em coming Kyth Grin
Kyth
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #35 on: January 22, 2012, 01:06:39 AM »

Watch out for those T-26's, they're sneaky in a slow-moving kind of way  Smiley

"Yes."
frinik
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #36 on: January 22, 2012, 03:31:43 AM »

Kyth do you ascribe full experience to the enemy tanks in the ME?OR just 20% as seems to be the default value?
Kyth
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #37 on: January 22, 2012, 05:09:37 AM »

Kyth do you ascribe full experience to the enemy tanks in the ME?OR just 20% as seems to be the default value?

I normally set them at 30 - 40%. Got to give the player a chance, you know.  Wink

"Yes."
frinik
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #38 on: January 22, 2012, 07:12:30 AM »

Argghhhhh! Now I will have to go into the ME and set everything at max experience.I want pain, blood and guts!!!!!
Kyth
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #39 on: January 22, 2012, 07:44:23 AM »

Huh? The mission's too easy?  Huh?

Now that's a matter for some concern,

"Yes."
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 8
  Print  

Jump to: