Graviteam
May 05, 2024, 10:15:22 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6
  Print  
Author Topic: January 2012 update for Steel Armor: Blaze of War (beta 2 unofficial)  (Read 66774 times)
andrey12345
Graviteam
Generalfeldmarschall

Jerk developer

« on: December 31, 2011, 11:32:10 AM »

January 2012 update for Steel Armor: Blaze of War (beta 2 unofficial)

core update (install first):
http://files.mail.ru/UJ8TWN

update:
http://files.mail.ru/BOTWTQ

!to download click red button
Need to cancel all operations before install and create a new profile after install

Steel Armor: Blaze of War
Update: January 2012 beta 2

------------------------------------
1. Install

0) Cancel all operations
1) Unpack patch to c:\temp\sabow_jan_2012_beta2
2) Install core update 5.77 -> gte2_core_update_v577.exe (select root game folder)
3) Select (or use update.cmd) patch description in temp folder in core directory
4) Wait...
5) After install click Save & Play button

!Create new profile after install

2. CHANGE LOG
--- Update January 2012 beta 2 ---

1) By default, the allies under the command of AI.
2) If the interface continues to run hot keys.
3) Minor changes associated with transitions between menus.
4) Night sights are available earlier in time.
5) Fix a bug with the fall of the transplant between the crew of the tank.
6) Completely changed the operational phase, and all operations.
7) Changed the editor operations.
8) Fixed bug with disappearing text in the main menu.
9) All changes from tactical wargame.
« Last Edit: March 27, 2012, 06:56:05 AM by Iceman » Logged

Пользовательский интерфейс будет неуместен на сегодняшних широкоэкранных экранах, а оригинальные карты неопределенного метра и моделирование чисел с низкими лицами заставляют людей действительно не хотеть играть.
TANKACE
Hauptmann

« Reply #1 on: December 31, 2011, 01:39:30 PM »

thanks but what does the green button do??  Grin Grin
andrey12345
Graviteam
Generalfeldmarschall

Jerk developer

« Reply #2 on: December 31, 2011, 01:47:30 PM »

thanks but what does the green button do??  Grin Grin

For premium-money downloaders  Grin

Пользовательский интерфейс будет неуместен на сегодняшних широкоэкранных экранах, а оригинальные карты неопределенного метра и моделирование чисел с низкими лицами заставляют людей действительно не хотеть играть.
Panzerfaust
Generalmajor

« Reply #3 on: December 31, 2011, 02:05:54 PM »

Excellent news andrey! A big thanks to you and the guys.
cheers,
Flashburn
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #4 on: December 31, 2011, 02:13:54 PM »

When you said soon I thought like a week not a few hours.....if that.  Hope this doesnt mess up my modded afgan campaign.  MUCH HARDER  Grin.  ok 384kb to 500 something...ugh er redo it looks like  Grin.

One other thing are the textures for windows of the mud huts (or whatever) suppose to be transparent?  Cause there not. 

Nice its almost 4 new campaigns......and im like a battalion commander.  YESSSSSS Lt.COL Flashburn muhahahhaahahahaahahahahaaha

I was not sure if the ai used smoke from arty before, they certainly do now.  Not sure which side dumped smoke on me, but whoever it was it neato.
« Last Edit: December 31, 2011, 05:53:07 PM by Flashburn » Logged

Yabba dabba do
johncage
Oberst

« Reply #5 on: January 01, 2012, 12:16:19 AM »

aftermath of full quick battle with 96 tanks Shocked

Tac Error
Oberstleutnant

« Reply #6 on: January 01, 2012, 09:07:32 AM »

Some bugs I encountered:

- Tanks cannot target helicopters even when given a command to do so. In the subtitles it says "target truck".
- The M60A1 loader's projectile disappears in his hands while loading. Gun round is ready before loader animation is finished.
Flanker15
Generalmajor

« Reply #7 on: January 01, 2012, 11:45:59 AM »

What does option 4.18 "limit battle radius" do?

Also my menu text is fixed thanks.
Flashburn
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #8 on: January 02, 2012, 05:06:41 AM »

Getting crashes with the restart mission.  Have had no other crashes but that so far.  The truck thing I mentioned a while back.   Grin

Nevermind got a crash going from gunner zoomed in with optics going to commander.  It was the 001 thing too.  Now when I always leave zoom then do whatever I'm going to do, it does not crash.  This is both this beta (alot better with the crashes but still there) and the english release version.  Too bad about that crash, had just used 1300 rounds of 7.62 on infantry, wanted to see how many I slaughtered.   Grin 
« Last Edit: January 02, 2012, 08:08:12 AM by Flashburn » Logged

Yabba dabba do
andrey12345
Graviteam
Generalfeldmarschall

Jerk developer

« Reply #9 on: January 02, 2012, 10:25:32 AM »

What does option 4.18 "limit battle radius" do?

Number of squads what presents in tactical battle (around battle place).
Low value for low-end PCs, moderate by default and full for hi-end PCs from future  Grin

andrey12345
Graviteam
Generalfeldmarschall

Jerk developer

« Reply #10 on: January 02, 2012, 10:29:14 AM »

Getting crashes with the restart mission.  Have had no other crashes but that so far.  The truck thing I mentioned a while back.   Grin

Push patches and DLCs for APOS and than do beta3 for tank sim Wink

TANKACE
Hauptmann

« Reply #11 on: January 02, 2012, 01:15:44 PM »

hi all i have put the  core update [2nd update] in the steel armor folder now what?[ Select (or use update.cmd) patch description in temp folder in core directory]
is the update .cmd the update in the game menu? i can not seem to update the game  Undecided
Flashburn
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #12 on: January 02, 2012, 01:40:10 PM »

hi all i have put the  core update [2nd update] in the steel armor folder now what?[ Select (or use update.cmd) patch description in temp folder in core directory]
is the update .cmd the update in the game menu? i can not seem to update the game  Undecided

Basicly 2 steps.  There is the engine update which should not be an issue (if it is like I had with operation star) move your SABOW folder out of programs x86 (some wierd windows funky thing). 

The other bit is just unpack the bit with the folders and place it anywhere on your computer (i just do desktop, its easy to find).  Then either run as usual and find the bit that says update or run from the games folder update.  Last, open the bit with all the folders and locate desc.addpack (will be in one of the folders, just be using the update utility), hit install, hit save and play, then your good to go. 

[/quote]

Number of squads what presents in tactical battle (around battle place).
Low value for low-end PCs, moderate by default and full for hi-end PCs from future  Grin
[/quote]

Well now I know what that does lol.  Been using the unlimited deal, do notice a bit of slow down but really not to bad for me.  However, geeeeezzzzzz zillions of infantry everywhere.  The ai tanks and guns go nuts and run out of ammo for main gun 1/2 way thru battle.  Watched my ai gunner attack a dishka with a sabot round (was like really dude! WTF).  Heat rounds at infantry....crazyness.   Cheesy Grin
« Last Edit: January 02, 2012, 01:49:58 PM by Flashburn » Logged

Yabba dabba do
TANKACE
Hauptmann

« Reply #13 on: January 02, 2012, 01:46:09 PM »

thanks i will give it a go Smiley
TANKACE
Hauptmann

« Reply #14 on: January 02, 2012, 02:40:34 PM »

i have done it now the game reads VERSION 5.77 [14690 UPDATE JAN 12B1] hope thats right it was the first update that was not installed.  Smiley
Panzerfaust
Generalmajor

« Reply #15 on: January 02, 2012, 02:41:26 PM »

Anyone else experiancing problems when trying to reload a uncompleted battle from the saved game option? The most common is I lose my mouse cursor in the Tank Controls UI. Everything still works, but it's a real pain trying to figure out where you are in the UI bar (have to pay close attention to see which box hightlights when the now invisible mouse cursor moves over it). I could print out the hotkey list, but I really prefer the UI panel. The only other glitch that happened after reloading a saved game was I found myself sitting in a semi-transparent tank in 1st person view and could do nothing but pan my view around, couldn't change positions or use the UI, but that has happened only once so far.

Otherwise I am really enjoying SABoW, just hate the night battles in the M60 (havn't tried the T-62 yet) as I'm really having a problem spotting the enemy, but they don't seem to have a big problem finding me  Grin
caprera
Oberleutnant

« Reply #16 on: January 02, 2012, 07:20:56 PM »

I'm sorry i downloaded and installed the two files but there are no .EXE files to run.

Am i missing the basic Beta package ?  can you help me ?
Flashburn
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #17 on: January 02, 2012, 07:44:35 PM »

I'm sorry i downloaded and installed the two files but there are no .EXE files to run.

Am i missing the basic Beta package ?  can you help me ?

check page 1 of this thread if your having issues installing.  Other wise its just find the file in the folder called starter.  When you start the game and the version number says 5.77 jan12 beta your half way there.  Then hit updater and see if it shows up there.  If its all there your golden.

Yabba dabba do
caprera
Oberleutnant

« Reply #18 on: January 02, 2012, 07:48:04 PM »

This is my folder and as i searched for "Starter" result was zero.

I missed something, like this is the update but i don't have the basic beta game version... Is it like this ? Cheesy
« Last Edit: January 02, 2012, 08:02:17 PM by caprera » Logged
Tac Error
Oberstleutnant

« Reply #19 on: January 02, 2012, 09:24:44 PM »

What he means is that you have to start the game and click on the menu option labeled "Update". Then click on "Install", go to the "CORE" folder inside your sabow_jan_2012_beta2 and select the "desc.addpack".
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6
  Print  

Jump to: