Graviteam
March 28, 2024, 03:06:56 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Operation Barbarossa Campaign (the opening Phase) V1 released  (Read 15847 times)
Rends
Generalmajor

« on: December 31, 2011, 12:41:48 PM »

Rends Barbarossa campaign Version 1

This campaign includes 10 missions of the first 5 days of Panzergruppe 2 (Guderian)

Campaign difficulty can be changed using Game Option 'Force BALANCE' setting (Novice 1-3, Normal 4-6, Hard 7+)
The campaign is meant to be played at level 5

Installation instructions:

First make sure that you have the JSGME mod enabler installed and that the Steel Panzer mod 1.5 beta (or higher) is enabled.
Next copy the "Rends_bar_v1" folder you find next to this readme file into the "MODS" folder you find under
c:/program files/Lighthouse Interactive/Steel Fury - Kharkov 1942
Run the JSGME mod enabler and activate "Rends_bar_v1"
(If you have a beta version of the Barbarossa campaign installed earlier you need to deactivate this one first!)

Edit:You need to activate the Newbuildingsv3 mod

Next open the camp_list.ENGCFG with notepad. You find the file under

c:/program files/Lighthouse Interactive/Steel Fury - Kharkov 1942/data/k42/loc_rus/levels/LEVELS/camp/

2. Now add following lines directly under the exsisting camp entries

camp\bar_camp.engcfg, bar,          txt_cm_camp_bar,        true, img_pz4;

Check install screenshot about how it should look like!
Close notepad and you will be asked to save the file. Click on the yes button.

Run the game and you find the Barbarossa entry in the campaign list.

That¥s all!
enjoy

Notice: If you have previosly installes my first mission i did for SF42 you need to deinstall and delete it:
Todo this run the JSGME mod enabler and deactivate "Rends Steel fury missions"

Credits:
Kyth, Iceman and Lockie for bugfixing
Mistwalker and Lockie for Tips
Godzilla1985 for spelling corrections in Mission 3
Donken and Kyth for the great new buildings

Thx and a Happy New Year,
Rends

Download link:

http://www.gamefront.com/files/21139029/SF42_Barbarossa_v1.zip

Downloadlink for the Newbuildings3 mod:
http://www.4shared.com/file/piqAX22G/Newbuildingsv3.html
« Last Edit: December 31, 2011, 03:27:33 PM by Rends » Logged

Fight blood cancer register at : http://www.dkmsamericas.org/
frinik
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #1 on: December 31, 2011, 12:51:59 PM »

Thanks Rends!First a new mission by Kyth and now a new campaign from you.It's like having Christmas twice in a week! Cheesy

Happy New Year!
lockie
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #2 on: December 31, 2011, 01:19:16 PM »

Congratulation! A big THANKS for the missions!

Provocative signature removed
Kyth
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #3 on: December 31, 2011, 01:55:32 PM »

Great work, looking forward to this!

Happy new year everybody!

"What am I, chopped liver..?"

"Yes."
Panzerfaust
Generalmajor

« Reply #4 on: December 31, 2011, 02:14:14 PM »

And I thought I was going to have a quite NYE. Rends releases his 10 mission Barbarossa Campaign, Kyth kicks off his Pz-38t campaign with it's first mission, and andrey12345 announces the first patch for SABoW. What a way to end 2011 and start 2012  Cheesy
Cheers guys and a Happy New Year to all.
frinik
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #5 on: December 31, 2011, 03:00:13 PM »

I am Tankfull to both Kyth and Rends!NO champagne for me! I've got to stay sober while driving those tanks..... Grin
Rends
Generalmajor

« Reply #6 on: December 31, 2011, 03:28:36 PM »

Importand:
What i miss in the readme is that you need to activate the Newbuildings3 mod too

DL: http://www.4shared.com/file/piqAX22G/Newbuildingsv3.html

frinik
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #7 on: December 31, 2011, 07:43:45 PM »

Downloaded, installed and played first Bycien mission!It roock( at balance 10) 9 kills(4AT 45mm, 4 T-26s, 2 trucks & 68 infantry).Almost succeeded but the last T-26 killed me right after I killed it.Nice map too!Well done Rends Cheesy

It's 1;30Am will turn in and play the other 4 tomorrow!

One word of advice.Your missions did not appear in my menu until I decided to add a //bar_camp on top of the line you recommend adding in the camp folder.Then they all appeared magically in the game menu.If others have that issue try my trick!

Best for 2012!
« Last Edit: December 31, 2011, 07:49:03 PM by frinik » Logged
Stig
Oberstleutnant

« Reply #8 on: December 31, 2011, 11:23:52 PM »

Just as an FYI...
The Barbarossa_v1.zip page on Gamefront does not have working links on the Download Now button when the page is accessed in FireFox. Don't know what's up with that, but it might bear looking into.

I had to go through IE (yuck!) to download it.

Thanks, though! Smiley

My Gaming Rig:
i5 2500K Quad-Core CPU at 3.3GHz
MSI P67A-C43 mobo
4GB of PC12800 DDR3 memory
1GB Galaxy GeForce GTX550 Ti video card GeForce 270.61 drivers (4/2011)
Cougar joystick/throttle combo
CH Pedals
Rends
Generalmajor

« Reply #9 on: January 01, 2012, 02:08:15 AM »

Downloaded, installed and played first Bycien mission!It roock( at balance 10) 9 kills(4AT 45mm, 4 T-26s, 2 trucks & 68 infantry).Almost succeeded but the last T-26 killed me right after I killed it.Nice map too!Well done Rends Cheesy

It's 1;30Am will turn in and play the other 4 tomorrow!

One word of advice.Your missions did not appear in my menu until I decided to add a //bar_camp on top of the line you recommend adding in the camp folder.Then they all appeared magically in the game menu.If others have that issue try my trick!

Best for 2012!
Great that you like the mission.

Well i´m not sure about your //bar_camp entry because the // tells the game engine not to read the line. It´s used for programming  comments only...but if it works for you...

found this on a different side:
C++ has two ways to insert comments into source code. If you look at example 2, you can see the C++ single line comments.
Any line that starts with a // is a comment. Unlike the C type of comments that start /* and end */, the double forward slashes end with the end of line. To comment large swathes of code out, you would still use /* comments here */ as adding // to the start of each line is tedious.

I guess that the game is written in C++
« Last Edit: January 01, 2012, 02:13:30 AM by Rends » Logged

frinik
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #10 on: January 01, 2012, 03:11:33 AM »

Rends the reaspon I did it was because the previosu entries in my camp folder were like that:

//ôàéë, áëîê, íàçâàíèå+îïèñàíèå, êàìïàíèÿ, ñïðàéò êàðòèíêè

camp\main_camp.engcfg, teach,               txt_cm_camp_teach,             false, img_t34;
   camp\main_camp.engcfg, single,               txt_cm_camp_single,     false, img_single;
   camp\main_camp.engcfg, rkka_1,               txt_cm_camp_rkka_1,          true,  img_t34;
   camp\main_camp.engcfg, rkka_2,               txt_cm_camp_rkka_2,          true,  img_mk2;
   camp\main_camp.engcfg, rkka_8,              txt_cm_camp_rkka_8,          true,  img_teach;
   camp\main_camp.engcfg, rkka_4,               txt_cm_camp_rkka_4,          true,  img_user9;
   camp\main_camp.engcfg, rkka_3,               txt_cm_camp_rkka_3,          true,  img_user2;
   camp\main_camp.engcfg, rkka_t60,               txt_cm_camp_rkka_t60,        true, ,;
       camp\main_camp.engcfg, rkka_5,               txt_cm_camp_rkka_5,          true, ,;
   camp\main_camp.engcfg, rkka_6,               txt_cm_camp_rkka_6,          true, ,;
       camp\main_camp.engcfg, rkka_7,               txt_cm_camp_rkka_7,          true, ,;
   camp\main_camp.engcfg, rkka_trophy,            txt_cm_camp_rkka_trophy,     false, ,;
   camp\main_camp.engcfg, werm_1,               txt_cm_camp_werm_1,          true,  img_pz4;
   camp\main_camp.engcfg, werm_2,               txt_cm_camp_werm_2,          true,  img_user10;
   camp\main_camp.engcfg, werm_3,               txt_cm_camp_werm_3,          true,  img_user1;
   //Kyth campaings
   camp\KY_camp.engcfg, werm_5,               txt_cm_camp_werm_5,          true,  img_user3;
   //Citadel PantherV D   
   camp\main_camp.engcfg, werm_4,               txt_cm_camp_werm_4,          true,  img_user11;
   camp\main_camp.engcfg, werm_new,           txt_cm_camp_werm_new,        true, ,;
   camp\main_camp.engcfg, werm_stug,            txt_cm_camp_werm_stug,       true, ,;
   //beta_shahovo
       camp\main_camp.engcfg, rkka_9,               txt_cm_camp_rkka_9,        true, img_t34;   
   //Rends company "Prokhorovka"
   camp\prokho_camp.engcfg, prokho,               txt_cm_camp_Prokho,          true, img_t34;
   camp\prokhower_camp.engcfg, prokhower,       txt_cm_camp_Prokho1,        true, img_pz4;
   //SPM1.5 NTA1.3_mission_pack
   camp\spm15nta13_camp.engcfg, mission_pack,   txt_cm_camp_SPM15_NTA13,    true, img_user5;
   //bar_camp
   camp\bar_camp.engcfg, bar,          txt_cm_camp_bar,        true, img_pz4;   
   }

And since your campaign did not show up in my game menu I figured I had nothing to lose by trying it.It worked!

Cheers!
frinik
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #11 on: January 01, 2012, 12:01:05 PM »

MIssions 5,6,7 completed successfully on the first try at balance 10.Harrowing!The banavycyi airfield mission was tough all my allies got entangled in the forest.I basically ramboed my way to the airfied destroying all bombers and fighters, 4 tanks, 2 guns, 2 trucks and all the infantry.Not even a scratch!In Mission 6 I had to kill 8 Kv1-e but my Panzer III did not fail me.Good maps!It';s playable at maximum balance but tough.
lockie
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #12 on: January 07, 2012, 02:30:03 PM »

I've tested a mission "airfield" at the balance "5". I may say it's interesting and airfield looks exactly as airfield itself. Wonderful! Especially, I liked a new tranches for the airplanes. Think I should include them in my mission Smiley
Some notes:
1. I think before airfield should be placed a first line of defense to give a more challenge.
2. Unfortunately, there's no a building as "commander center", but it's more to the stationary airfield.
3. Suppose, there're some mistakes on the map. Tranches and area were already painted in blue color, though I didn't capture this region.

4. Personally, I'd replace PzIII/50 on PzIII/37 and T-60 on BT-5.
5. May be there should be some citations from the originally historical actions, imho.
But all my mentioned notes could be very easily fixed in the editor from the user part. So, there're no problems at all to do that.
Totally, my mark of the mission is 7/10.
Thank u very much for the good mission and polygon!
« Last Edit: January 07, 2012, 02:34:46 PM by lockie » Logged

Provocative signature removed
frinik
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #13 on: January 07, 2012, 05:50:43 PM »

Only one mission left to play the last one.The airfield one was good but my friendlies got into a problem.While crossing the forest most of the apcs got tangled up into the branches and trees and because they are so light in the game half of them tipped over and the rest were suspended on branches.Lol!!! Grin

Pretty much finished the mission by myself; killed 5 guns, 6 tanks including 3 at 1200 metres , 2 trucks, 7 planes set afire and over 89 infantry...I even made a short vid of 3 of my kills and my rampage on the airfield....

I agree with Lockie the Panzer III with the short 37 mm gun would be historically more accurate.Also why no T-70???Didn't they constitute most of the Sov tank fleet in 1941?
« Last Edit: January 07, 2012, 05:52:56 PM by frinik » Logged
Mistwalker
Oberst

« Reply #14 on: January 07, 2012, 06:29:50 PM »

Also why no T-70???Didn't they constitute most of the Sov tank fleet in 1941?

Of course not. The number of T-70 in 1941 was zero.  Tongue
frinik
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #15 on: January 07, 2012, 06:43:30 PM »

You are absolutelky right Mistwalker; the T-70 started being  produced in 1942 only! My mistake! Embarrassed
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: