Graviteam
April 20, 2024, 04:22:27 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: visibility?  (Read 5194 times)
Burning Bridges
Oberleutnant

« on: December 12, 2011, 09:50:11 AM »

This game would be great if I could only see a thing. I know weather effects are an integral part of this game but most I see nothing but snow flakes, fog, behind which appear some vague silouettes of trees and landscape. So far I'm playing almost exclusively from the map view.

Is there a way to disable / adjust the effects? I would also like to configure the visibility bubble which ends at just a few hundred meters.
andrey12345
Graviteam
Generalfeldmarschall

Jerk developer

« Reply #1 on: December 12, 2011, 11:02:12 AM »

This game would be great if I could only see a thing. I know weather effects are an integral part of this game but most I see nothing but snow flakes, fog, behind which appear some vague silouettes of trees and landscape. So far I'm playing almost exclusively from the map view.

Is there a way to disable / adjust the effects? I would also like to configure the visibility bubble which ends at just a few hundred meters.

In dark time you can use infrared binoculars (only for player, right-click on the binoculars icon), or flares by arty spotters.

There's also a setting 4.05 that AI did not attack at night.
And setting 4.14 - hilight at pause mode. When you paused game in battle - removed glare, fog, precipitation, and added contrast lighting.

But the first time I hear someone complaining about bad visibility in the game Smiley

Пользовательский интерфейс будет неуместен на сегодняшних широкоэкранных экранах, а оригинальные карты неопределенного метра и моделирование чисел с низкими лицами заставляют людей действительно не хотеть играть.
lavish
Oberst

« Reply #2 on: December 12, 2011, 11:14:14 AM »

Quote from: Burning Bridges
Is there a way to disable / adjust the effects?
You can disable night battles in the options if you wish. In quick fight it is also possible to determine the time of day and the weather.

Quote from: Burning Bridges
I would also like to configure the visibility bubble which ends at just a few hundred meters.
Visibility is affected by the weather and the time of day. If the visibility is poor, the drawing distance seems to beautomatically shorter because you wouldn't be able to see further anyway. In operation the weather conditions are historical.  Sometimes it's dark and murky, but there's also clear and sunny days when the visibility is high including the drawing distance (might be up to 2km or more).

Quote from: andrey12345
In dark time you can use infrared binoculars (only for player, right-click on the binoculars icon), or flares by arty spotters.
Thanks for the info, I didn't know there's such a thing  Grin
Burning Bridges
Oberleutnant

« Reply #3 on: December 12, 2011, 07:47:21 PM »

Of course the visibility is realistic, but I still need to adjust it. Likewise, there is an option to adjust the game difficulty, otherwise 'realistic' would have to be the only option.

There is absolutely nothing wrong with the visibility ranges and weather effects, but in all other games I know such settings are available to the player.  Many battles are in the early morning and there seems to be almost always fog and snowfall.  This game has really nice graphics but most of the time feels like having an eye cataract. I mean what is to see in a snow storm at 3:00 o'clock?

There is a similar game, Scourge Of War Ghettysburg, and I never had such problems with it. http://www.scourgeofwar.com/index.shtml

Right now I play on the map screen all the time. I also prefer a very high up position whereas most screenshots I see are almost from FPP perspective.
andrey12345
Graviteam
Generalfeldmarschall

Jerk developer

« Reply #4 on: December 12, 2011, 08:28:24 PM »

Of course the visibility is realistic, but I still need to adjust it. Likewise, there is an option to adjust the game difficulty, otherwise 'realistic' would have to be the only option.

The game shows the appearance of a one to one as seen AI.
In dark time you can use infrared binoculars or block AI from attack by settings.
Setting 4.14 - hilight at pause mode.

Right now I play on the map screen all the time. I also prefer a very high up position whereas most screenshots I see are almost from FPP perspective.
Do not get me wrong, but you first user for 2+ years, who complains about it Smiley

Пользовательский интерфейс будет неуместен на сегодняшних широкоэкранных экранах, а оригинальные карты неопределенного метра и моделирование чисел с низкими лицами заставляют людей действительно не хотеть играть.
WCG
Oberleutnant

« Reply #5 on: January 04, 2012, 12:42:01 AM »

Of course the visibility is realistic, but I still need to adjust it.

I'm just starting the game (if I can figure it out at all), but I know what you mean. My first battle is at 3 AM in a snowstorm. I'm sure it's realistic, but squinting at the monitor, trying to see something - anything (my eyes aren't all that good) - really isn't much fun. I may need to turn off night battles, though I'll try that other option (better viewing when paused) first.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: