Graviteam
March 29, 2024, 08:06:31 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Need to update my SFk42  (Read 6568 times)
dalemac30
Oberleutnant

« on: January 12, 2012, 03:18:25 PM »

Hi Guys,

I haven't played my SFK42 for some time and have taken to getting back on with my Tank Sims... I am currently running Win 7 64bit and having probs with my graphics... I get an ink run effect down the screen and then all goes white in game play... the menus etc all work fine.... is there a patch site where I can go and upload all the necessary files to get the game to work again??? Really loved this sim and would be very grateful of any support I can get to bring it back on line. I have a dual ATI 3480 graphics setup.

I used to play the game fine on Vista and Tiger v T34/T72 Balkan both work fine on my current set up so I'm guessing it is a patch issue!

By the way I'm not a developer and my I.T./progamming skills are non existent so as much help as someone can give would be very well received by me!!
Txema
Generalmajor

« Reply #1 on: January 12, 2012, 03:26:44 PM »

Hi,

The first thing that I can recommend is to check this thread:

http://simhq.com/forum/ubbthreads.php/topics/3021012/Steel_Fury_Kharkov_1942_The_Es.html#Post3021012

Installing the patches and mods explained there.

Txema

P.S. Make sure that you have Antialiasing disabled in your graphic card (or set to application controlled)
frinik
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #2 on: January 12, 2012, 05:52:34 PM »

ATI 3480?Never heard of that one.What specs do you have and more importantly what 's your gpu type ?Is it integrated graphics in a laptop?
Panzerfaust
Generalmajor

« Reply #3 on: January 12, 2012, 09:31:41 PM »

Hi Guys,

I haven't played my SFK42 for some time and have taken to getting back on with my Tank Sims... I am currently running Win 7 64bit and having probs with my graphics... I get an ink run effect down the screen and then all goes white in game play... the menus etc all work fine.... is there a patch site where I can go and upload all the necessary files to get the game to work again??? Really loved this sim and would be very grateful of any support I can get to bring it back on line. I have a dual ATI 3480 graphics setup.

I used to play the game fine on Vista and Tiger v T34/T72 Balkan both work fine on my current set up so I'm guessing it is a patch issue!

By the way I'm not a developer and my I.T./progamming skills are non existent so as much help as someone can give would be very well received by me!!

Since you have an ATI card (like myself) are you trying to force AA through the CCC? If you are change it to let the app decide and your problems with the ink effect/fade to white should be fixed. SFK42 has a problem with AA and ATI Cards, nVidia cards can work around it. Instead use the Bloom effects in game and you should be able to ramp up the AF in CCC and over ride SFK42's settings. Not perfect like AA but still looks pretty good.
Cheers
frinik
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #4 on: January 12, 2012, 09:51:11 PM »

Ok I checked and as I suspected they are low end graphic cards not meant for gaming.Are they ddr2 or 3?You are going to have a problem having decent fps with such cards.Even 2 of them will not give you any advantage because I suspect they are 64 bits not 128.You'll need solid RAM and good processor to run SF smoothly.Don't even dream of trying to enable any AA or AF with those I am afraid.
dalemac30
Oberleutnant

« Reply #5 on: January 16, 2012, 05:35:21 PM »

Thanks for all of these suggestions guys... I'm running a quad core on a desk top Dell XPS 630i with Win 7 64 bit and 8GB ram highest spec I can go to on DDR2. it was the bollox when I bought it a three years ago but I know things have moved on hugely since then... suppose I'm a bit of a tight wad... lol!!!

Not ready to invest in a new motherboard/hardrive setup yet... lol... I will be replacing the graphics cards for 6570 ATI or similar on Dual card set up with 1GB each.

I tried the link for the updates... thanks lots Txema!!! I went straight to the 1.5 beta update from the first release version. Prob is that the 1.5 Beta doesn't work, I have installed the 1.4 update and that is fine. Do I have to install 1.4 before 1.5 or should 1.5 just install onto the original shipped version?? Also I find that with the mod tanks (exception of the Marder 1) that the interior graphics are blank with just a coloured screen. Is this by design or should there actually be interior graphics of the tanks???

By the way, thanks lots for all of your comments... they have been really helpful!!!
frinik
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #6 on: January 16, 2012, 05:59:29 PM »

My advice is don't go for dual cards unless they are 256 bits.The ATI 6570 is 128 bits only so having 2 gbs of dedicated memory will give you negligible gaisn fro the money you will be paying.One will give you smooth gameplay and good framerates

Beta 1.5 is meant to be enable before NTA 1.3 or 1.4.

For m ost of the new models no interiors have been modded.What you see is normal.
dalemac30
Oberleutnant

« Reply #7 on: January 17, 2012, 09:26:02 AM »

thanks for the advice Frinik!!! I'll take it on board and follow what you suggest for my card. Also thanks for clearing up the mods for me!!! I'm very grateful for the clarification Shocked)
frinik
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #8 on: January 17, 2012, 05:56:07 PM »

And Dalemac make sure your card is ddr5 not ddr2 nor 3.A ddr5 give you 6 times more speed than a ddr2 and 4 times more than a ddr3.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: