Graviteam
May 15, 2024, 05:30:13 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Halftruck Textures in SPM (stuck as Desert Mod)  (Read 5885 times)
Swinder36
Oberleutnant

« on: September 22, 2012, 12:21:16 PM »

Hi all,

I got Steel Fury this week and went about applying all the recommended mods. For the most part this went really well with exception of two issues:
1) the PzII, III, IVs and Opels had either desert or Kursk era textures (FIXED): this I fixed by removing the texture files for these units from the Ultimate Update and Ultimate Update patch.

2) All the german halftrucks are sporting desert camo: I poked around the MOD files, removed things, deactivated and reactivated mods and discovered that in the SPM 1.5 beta the half-truck textures are set as per the Desert Mod. When i tried removing the files from the SPM mod it caused an error (probably because most of halftrucks were not in the vanilla version of Steel Fury). Applying the Ultimate Update or its patch did not solve this problem.

That the half-trucks have the wrong camoflague really breaks one's immersion and makes them really easy to spot and hit when playing as a Russian tank.

So I was wondering if anyone had any textures files for the halftrucks of SPM that are the stock standard grey colour. After all the screenshot for the AT half-truck mission has the half-trucks decked in grey.

Note: Just so you know, I downloaded the SPM 1.5 beta from the 4share site.
Kyth
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #1 on: September 22, 2012, 12:44:34 PM »

2) All the german halftrucks are sporting desert camo: I poked around the MOD files, removed things, deactivated and reactivated mods and discovered that in the SPM 1.5 beta the half-truck textures are set as per the Desert Mod. When i tried removing the files from the SPM mod it caused an error (probably because most of halftrucks were not in the vanilla version of Steel Fury). Applying the Ultimate Update or its patch did not solve this problem.

What error message did you encounter with the halftracks?
By the way, which mods do you have activated, and in what order?

"What am I, chopped liver..?"

"Yes."
Aces
Generalleutnant

« Reply #2 on: September 22, 2012, 12:45:50 PM »

Try this mate, one of my older mods

http://www.gamefront.com/files/17308613/Steel_Fury_original_grey_251_halftracks_rar

Cheers

Aces

"IL-2 MAT Manager" co-dev.,Silent Hunter III "Super Turms","Super Pens","Crew on Deck" ,Multi-Skin Bombers dev. Wings of Victory v2.10.
Gamefront: http://tinyurl.com/bpbaeyl
Mediafire: http://tinyurl.com/bn2aoqt
Swinder36
Oberleutnant

« Reply #3 on: September 22, 2012, 01:41:15 PM »

Thanks Aces

Applying those old textures changed all the halftrucks in the game back to the original grey.

Now, I can get on with playing this awesome game!

Cheers,
Swinder36
norm
Oberst

« Reply #4 on: September 23, 2012, 01:38:48 AM »

I know it's a bit odd, but the Dark yellow and three color camos were used later in the war everywhere, not just in the desert.
Kyth
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #5 on: September 23, 2012, 05:05:13 AM »

I know it's a bit odd, but the Dark yellow and three color camos were used later in the war everywhere, not just in the desert.

And as I recall, the Desert Mod skins were sand-brown, without any camo patterns.

"What am I, chopped liver..?"

"Yes."
Swinder36
Oberleutnant

« Reply #6 on: September 23, 2012, 05:41:18 AM »

I see your point, norm. I defer to your historical knowledge on this as my knowledge on Second World War is strongest in relation to Aircraft and I only recently got into WWII tanks.

Regardless, I wanted to recreate the 1942-era (hence I got rid of the Kursk-era colours on the german panzers) so going back to grey on the half-trucks suits me. That said the smaller variant of the half-truck was sporting the desert camo for sure.

Thanks for all your help in solving this problem of mine.

Cheers,
Swinder36

Txema
Generalmajor

« Reply #7 on: September 23, 2012, 11:21:24 AM »

If you want to return to grey early-war colors for all the vehicles you just have to follow the instructions given by Mistwalker in the first post of his thread about the SPM 1.5 mod and updates...

"Return of Panzergrau" mod for early war missions:
http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?s0j3k405m43obny

Changes camouflaged colors of german guns and vehicles back to grey. Also returns older 1941-42 russian uniform.

Simple and to the point  Grin
Swinder36
Oberleutnant

« Reply #8 on: September 23, 2012, 11:40:47 AM »

Nice, I'll give that ago too.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: