Graviteam
May 07, 2024, 03:18:05 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  
Author Topic: Quad core low fps unless use only 1 core  (Read 18606 times)
Flashburn
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #20 on: August 22, 2013, 03:15:24 PM »

Ok so being all curious...  I rolled back WAY back to the original march 581 patch..  The one listed in sticky above.  Also used an old installer I had...the 581 I think it was the 1st?  Not sure build number.  ANY ways..  I have 13 platoon and its running freaken great.  I did have to set affinity to just 1 core.  This appears to help a lot even with older builds.  Alas I do not think these patches have the needed stuff for ANY of DLC's hooper or later. 

WOW ya....its running better than I have ever seen my GTOS run actually.  OK OK a lot of that is the new processor.  AS this only change since I used this patch.  LOL  But 12 platoons.... high visual settings and they are shooting each other up right good.  There IS a bit of fps DROP with all this going on BUT NOTHING like that unplayable stutter. Just no new DLC's I can not play.  UGH. 

Another test in QB.  12 platoons of infantry.. the ones with the 5 squads of 11 or whatever, an hq, a mortar and mg section.  SO BIG over sized platoons.  Ah expected fps drop for the simple fact that there are probably 600 or 700 ai units on the map.  But WAY WAY better than that D patch for me. This would be total unplayable mess with the 581 D patch.  SO odd this...

One more insane test.  It use to be that if I ran my crossfired old trusty 5870's I would get odd strange screens... Like everyone else.  Now it all of the sudden will run.  Probably all messed up.   Lips Sealed  lets find out LOL  Well it runs crossfire or at least the control center says it is.  But slightly worse than with it turned off. 

Now I just play the stupid game for fun..  I hope this issue gets fixed in next patch. 
« Last Edit: August 22, 2013, 03:34:13 PM by Flashburn » Logged

Yabba dabba do
Boggit
Oberleutnant

« Reply #21 on: August 22, 2013, 07:17:41 PM »

My game is running at a crawl 3.68/3.69 FRAPS average - a running guy looks like he is skating... Cheesy

Noticed this behaviour in the Taranovka and Zhalanskol campaigns.

I'm running a Packard Bell with Win 7, 8Gb RAM and a Radeon 5450 (1Gb) Graphics card, 4 core i3 CPU 530@2.93 GHz, display mode 1920*1080 (32Bit 60Hz)

Does anyone know how to fix this as the game as is , is unplayable at such low FRAPS?
Flashburn
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #22 on: August 22, 2013, 07:24:15 PM »

My game is running at a crawl 3.68/3.69 FRAPS average - a running guy looks like he is skating... Cheesy

I'm running a Packard Bell with Win 7, 8Gb RAM and a Radeon 5450 (1Gb) Graphics card, 4 core i3 CPU 530@2.93 GHz, display mode 1920*1080 (32Bit 60Hz)

Does anyone know how to fix this as the game as is , is unplayable at such low FRAPS?

Well all depends on which patch and your game settings.  I would try at the lowest predefined setting....speed and work up from there.  Ya it looks blaaaa.  But oddly still better than CM on high IMO. 

I ran apos OK on my old lap top.  Duel core intel @2.8 ghz and nvidea 9800.  Now I had to set to limited battle size but it ran and looked good.  But I also played K43 on the same computer so it was a lot like the older Kharkov 1943 BUT BETTER.  The setting scale real WELL from real lOW end system to high end.  So finding the sweet spot in settings is the goal.  Also what patch are you using as well as this seems to be an issue for some of us right now.
« Last Edit: August 22, 2013, 07:34:21 PM by Flashburn » Logged

Yabba dabba do
Boggit
Oberleutnant

« Reply #23 on: August 22, 2013, 07:32:02 PM »

Well all depends on which patch and your game settings.  I would try at the lowest predefined setting....speed and work up from there.  Ya it looks blaaaa.  But oddly still better than CM on high IMO. 
I'm using  the current patch - the d1 one, and the default settiings. I'll try what you suggest. Ironically CM BN and CM FI both work without any problems whatever on my system. Now if only I can get APOS to run. Annoyimgly, I just bought another DLC today in the Gamersgate sale, so hopefully ths issue will be addressed soon. Do I also need to mess around with setting CPU affininities to get it to work?
Flashburn
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #24 on: August 22, 2013, 07:37:24 PM »

I'm using  the current patch - the d1 one, and the default settiings. I'll try what you suggest. Ironically CM BN and CM FI both work without any problems whatever on my system. Now if only I can get APOS to run. Annoyimgly, I just bought another DLC today in the Gamersgate sale, so hopefully ths issue will be addressed soon. Do I also need to mess around with setting CPU affininities to get it to work?

YES try that.. Go into task manager and see.  It helps me ALOT.   Well as I posted above...I had zero issues with current patch when battle size was set to limited.  IT raan REAL well.  But I am SO use to moderate.  ANd NEVER use unlimited LOL> It can turn ANY computer into a slide show if enough units get into the fight.  Having 1300 infantry running around is NOT GOOD> But in the Future..............

Yabba dabba do
Dane49
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #25 on: August 23, 2013, 03:17:48 AM »

I also switched to 1 core and turned off the shading and turned on simple shaders,I also set the trim dust and smoke setting to strong,but I'm also using the Ultra High Grass settings though.

Since I mostly use the Winter maps(I like the extra cold and dreary effects that simple shaders add to the winter maps),but if my men start walking too slow at the beginning of a battle I change all the settings in the 7.0 options to" No Action" and speed the time up to 1.5 or 2.0.

The Summer maps give my PC the biggest FRPs drop,so I generally have to switch the grass setting to high(from Ultra High) and use less units for Quick Battles.
Flashburn
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #26 on: August 23, 2013, 03:41:45 AM »

I also switched to 1 core and turned off the shading and turned on simple shaders,I also set the trim dust and smoke setting to strong,but I'm also using the Ultra High Grass settings though.

Since I mostly use the Winter maps(I like the extra cold and dreary effects that simple shaders add to the winter maps),but if my men start walking too slow at the beginning of a battle I change all the settings in the 7.0 options to" No Action" and speed the time up to 1.5 or 2.0.

The Summer maps give my PC the biggest FRPs drop,so I generally have to switch the grass setting to high(from Ultra High) and use less units for Quick Battles.

Andrey said ultra high grass was for pretty screen shots.  LOL I can sometimes get away with it IF I turn down shadows to something low.  Usually I just say screw that and go with high. 

Yabba dabba do
Dane49
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #27 on: August 23, 2013, 04:08:00 AM »

I like the Ultra High Grass setting 8)

Some areas of these maps are way to barren and uninteresting for my tastes.
Plus,being ex-infantry I detest areas that have no cover or concealment.
I mostly play Quick Battles and don't ever use those open areas of the map for my battles.
The Ultra High Grass setting,especially on the winter maps looks nicer,more interesting and adds some extra tactical options to the battles.

I will tone down most of the other visual settings,but not the Ultra High Grass.

My ideal map would consist mainly of semi forested river valleys interspersed by grassy meadows.
Not farmland and not thick forest,but mostly made up of tree lines, brushy meadows and villages.
Flashburn
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #28 on: August 23, 2013, 02:43:47 PM »

Some areas of these maps are way to barren and uninteresting for my tastes.
Plus,being ex-infantry I detest areas that have no cover or concealment.
I mostly play Quick Battles and don't ever use those open areas of the map for my battles.
The Ultra High Grass setting,especially on the winter maps looks nicer,more interesting and adds some extra tactical options to the battles.

I will tone down most of the other visual settings,but not the Ultra High Grass.

My ideal map would consist mainly of semi forested river valleys interspersed by grassy meadows.
Not farmland and not thick forest,but mostly made up of tree lines, brushy meadows and villages.

Yes well as former scout guy I detest even MORE than you lack of cover and concealment.  You just want to jump in a ditch to hide from bullets.  Well if I get spotted I get pork chop sandwiched most likely. In old SABOW I went mad due to a general lack of ditches and lack of all those slight inclines that the area is full off.  But they are SO slight they just flat do not show up on maps and elevation maps really.  AND I know they where there even if I never have been to IRAN.  LOL  They WHERE certainly there in bits of Iraq that looked like susangerd area.

Yabba dabba do
andrey12345
Graviteam
Generalfeldmarschall

Jerk developer

« Reply #29 on: August 23, 2013, 06:07:41 PM »

I am too. I hope we try to improve perfomance in Mius in this mode.

Пользовательский интерфейс будет неуместен на сегодняшних широкоэкранных экранах, а оригинальные карты неопределенного метра и моделирование чисел с низкими лицами заставляют людей действительно не хотеть играть.
Flashburn
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #30 on: August 24, 2013, 04:51:09 PM »

Just heads up.  This issue is getting worked on.  Just messed with the current test patch.  The affinity issue is still there.  But its better.  Set to one it runs....well COMPLELTY insane good.. Better than I have EVER seen.  Just got done with a torture test of about 950 infantry in QB.  NOt recommended!  But I did get a solid 10 - 15 FPS with these guys shooting each other.  I have NEVER seen this before in GTOS or APOS.  With any previous patch this would have been 1 to 2 fps and NOT playable.  With about 450 infantry I was getting a solid 40 fps (all conditions) and TOTALLY AWESOME gameplay. 

My pc is 8gb ram, ati 5870 1gb vid (still a great vid card IMO), and an AMD 8350 cpu (8 core at 4ghz).  So its a decent system but not SUPER awesome like a top of the line current wonder box. If the issues can get worked out with the affinity Gravi is on to something for higher end PC's and GTOS.   

Also want to say this many guys running around in a 3km X 3km box is sort silly.  It is just massive slug fest.  Not much in tactical play.  But the 400 to 500 range with pure infantry....that holds some good possibilities.  But sticking 450 guys in line formation is pretty funny.   Grin

Yabba dabba do
Flashburn
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #31 on: August 24, 2013, 05:20:52 PM »

BTW I am going to restart my krasniya DLC campaign and set to unlimited with WIP test patch and see if it can do it.  Most likely get my butt handed to me by the Germans as SO many panzer grenadiers will be able to get in on the early part of the fighting.  Its pretty critical to slow or stop Pipers forces from resupplying the 320th or you loose....  Of course that is what happened.   Tongue 

Yabba dabba do
Boggit
Oberleutnant

« Reply #32 on: August 25, 2013, 03:37:06 AM »

A big thanks to Flashburn and Dane 49. I haven't yet done the core affinity thing, but changing the graphics options at least gets the game engine working at a rate that is at least playable. How do I set the core affinity to one core?

BTW I managed to play my first battle at Taranovka - the night one - absolutely riveting for immersion - it reminded me of being on exercise years ago with the flares and muzzle flashes - top stuff!
Flashburn
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #33 on: August 25, 2013, 04:07:45 AM »

alt tab out of Gtos.  THen hit get to the task manager.  Fast why is cnrl alt delete.  Just don't over do it.   Tongue  Under processes find GTOS run time.  Now it is name odd...  starter...  it will be the one using 800000 or kb of ram.  Right click on starter...hit affinity..  set to which core you want.  I would just go with core 0.  That is core 1 for humans. 

Yabba dabba do
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  

Jump to: