Graviteam
May 16, 2024, 05:44:24 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: A request the realistic zoom.  (Read 5576 times)
kapulA
Oberst

« on: October 09, 2012, 01:14:31 PM »

Hi guys,

I know that generally people requesting stuff that isn't (or is, I'm really not sure) that hard to make isn't viewed as a desirable practice, BUT I was wondering if anyone had the inclination/know-how to remake the realistic zoom tank sight mod that worked for the earlier versions of the game? I'm asking because it made the game that more fun and realistic (at least to me) as you couldn't reliably snipe infantry out of trenches at ranges above 150-200m as you can now, with the huge zoom ratios, and it made armored combat more interesting as you couldn't zero in on distant tanks as reliably as you can now. I'd do it myself but iirc it requires the editing of .go files and I have no idea how to approach that issues.
If no one is interested, I'd give it a whack myself if someone could tell me how to open the files and what lines I would need to change.
« Last Edit: October 21, 2012, 06:23:42 PM by lockie » Logged
lockie
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #1 on: October 09, 2012, 02:38:42 PM »

Don't use "backspace" Cheesy

Provocative signature removed
kapulA
Oberst

« Reply #2 on: October 09, 2012, 03:05:28 PM »

That has occurred to me :p
But I liked it the old way, that backspace gave a bit of zoom useful for long range shooting and such, while the regular view was pretty much unzoomed - rather useful for close in combat, as even the current default large zoom makes aiming at specific spots on the enemy tanks very difficult at close range. And the unzoomed view is pretty handy when fighting infantry that are within close proximity.
frinik
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #3 on: October 09, 2012, 04:25:52 PM »

KapulA , what earlier versions of the game with more realistic zoom optics are you talking about? The Steel Panzer Mod 1.4 with the Optics mod made by Hemul (I think)?

kapulA
Oberst

« Reply #4 on: October 09, 2012, 04:45:38 PM »

Yup, that's the one. It's called 'OpticMod for Steel Panzer Mod[English]' on tanksim.tk
lockie
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #5 on: October 09, 2012, 04:54:28 PM »

But I liked it the old way
Still don't understand. Can u give some pictures examples to describe what du u mean?

kapulA
Oberst

« Reply #6 on: October 09, 2012, 05:53:42 PM »

I'm not sure I have any screens of it in action. The base zoom level was very low, almost no zoom at all, while pressing backspace zoomed it to the max historical zoom available (or seemed that way to me).
lockie
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #7 on: October 09, 2012, 07:04:08 PM »

I'm not sure I have any screens of it in action.
Sorry, but without understanding wat du u mean - I can't help. Though, I'm pretty sure that comrade Donken may help, coz he knows everything abt gunsight parameters Wink

kapulA
Oberst

« Reply #8 on: October 09, 2012, 07:23:33 PM »

Alrighty, togda zhdyom tovarischa Donkena Smiley
frinik
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #9 on: October 10, 2012, 12:43:35 AM »

Here's what it says on tanksim.org.ru:

Description:

OpticMod for Steel Panzer Mod

This mod equalizes optical parameters of gun sights and sets them in correspondence with real parameters with respect to _not through sight_ view(through hatches/unbuttoned view).
Mod changes all original game and SPM 1.4 sights except vision ports and machinegun sights:

1. Field of view(FOV) paremeter is changed to real values;
2. Magnification is decreased:
-default sight has 2 times lower magnification with respect to real value;
-zoomed sight(backspace key) has its real magnification with respect to _not through sight_ view. Some sights have their FOV bigger then screen of monitor here.

This mod is compatible with SPM 1.4 only.
It should be installed after SPM 1.4.

Authors: egorOgr

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: