Graviteam
May 02, 2024, 09:26:31 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  
Author Topic: Patch from October/November 2011  (Read 14421 times)
andrey12345
Graviteam
Generalfeldmarschall

Jerk developer

« on: November 30, 2011, 07:57:04 PM »

Patch October/November 2011 is available on Gamers Gate
http://www.graviteam.com/news-archive/244.html

1) Download game update (~270 Kb) and patch (~302 Mb)
2) Unpack patch to temp folder
3) Start game update
4) Select folder with installed game
5) Wait...
6) In game patch utility click Install and select temp folder (step 2) with unpacked patch
7) Wait...

8) Click save & play

Change log:

1) Adjusted the process of moving vehicles in the woods.
2) The algorithm what handles appear squads and units is changed.
3) Changes in some skymaps.
4) Added dependence of fatigue of the soldiers moved on the ground what taking into account a soils and weather conditions.
5) Changed some units sprites in tactical battle.
6) Reduced rate of fire for T-70M tank gun.
7) Added models and textures of summer soldiers (for future micro-addons).
8) Added models and textures of the landscape for the summer season  (for future micro-addons).
9) Adjusted staffing for some units in a quick battle.
10) Changed the composition of forces in operations.
11) Adjusted settings for towed guns.
12) Added improved texture set for winter soldiers of the Red Army and Wermacht.
13) Fixed initial placement algorithm for soldiers in the one square.
14) Fixed bug with setting up the shield for gun leFH.18.
15) Fixed bugs in Sdkfz250 APCs and ZIS-3 gun.
16) Added armor flaps opening on the commander's cupola for tanks: KV-1C KV-8S, Pz-IIIL/N/fl, Pz-IVG.
17) Fixed a bug with the creation of a new project in the operation's editor.

And many other minor fixes and adjustments.

Пользовательский интерфейс будет неуместен на сегодняшних широкоэкранных экранах, а оригинальные карты неопределенного метра и моделирование чисел с низкими лицами заставляют людей действительно не хотеть играть.
wolk
Oberleutnant

« Reply #1 on: December 01, 2011, 05:53:11 PM »

How do I download it? I don't see the link anywhere.
Void
Oberstleutnant

« Reply #2 on: December 01, 2011, 07:07:25 PM »

You have to be logged in gamersgate. Download links are under your activation key.
GBS
Major

« Reply #3 on: December 04, 2011, 12:07:36 PM »

Sorry. The instructions are not clear to me. At step 2 the patch unpacks into my downloads folder. I start the update from there  by double clicking and point to the folder with the installed game which is Computer\ Programs86\ Actung Panzer Operation Star. At step 5, in game, I click on update and there seems to be nothing there. As directed in step 6 i click the install button and here is where I get lost. HELP! 
andrey12345
Graviteam
Generalfeldmarschall

Jerk developer

« Reply #4 on: December 04, 2011, 12:31:28 PM »

Sorry. The instructions are not clear to me. At step 2 the patch unpacks into my downloads folder. I start the update from there  by double clicking and point to the folder with the installed game which is Computer\ Programs86\ Actung Panzer Operation Star. At step 5, in game, I click on update and there seems to be nothing there. As directed in step 6 i click the install button and here is where I get lost. HELP! 

Patch is a regular SFX archive (by 7zip), unpack it to "short" folder, for example C:\apos_temp (after install delete this).
In step 6 select file in this folder (C:\apos_temp\CORE...) And click ok.

Пользовательский интерфейс будет неуместен на сегодняшних широкоэкранных экранах, а оригинальные карты неопределенного метра и моделирование чисел с низкими лицами заставляют людей действительно не хотеть играть.
GBS
Major

« Reply #5 on: December 04, 2011, 01:35:32 PM »

Is this C:\apos_temp an existing one or do I create a new folder on say the desktop and name it this?
GBS
Major

« Reply #6 on: December 04, 2011, 01:56:01 PM »

I can't seem to get it. If I totally delete the game and re-download it from gamersgate using my activation key, will it be in updated form?
GBS
Major

« Reply #7 on: December 04, 2011, 02:10:22 PM »

I created a file in C named apos_temp and an unpacked the patch there. In that file I see a folder named CORE and a readme. What do I do now? The funny thing is I have owned two of your other games and have patched them. I guess I'm getting old.
andrey12345
Graviteam
Generalfeldmarschall

Jerk developer

« Reply #8 on: December 04, 2011, 02:55:29 PM »

I created a file in C named apos_temp and an unpacked the patch there. In that file I see a folder named CORE and a readme. What do I do now? The funny thing is I have owned two of your other games and have patched them. I guess I'm getting old.

In update utility select file (desc.addpack) in CORE folder
« Last Edit: December 04, 2011, 02:59:50 PM by andrey12345 » Logged

Schuck
Oberstleutnant

« Reply #9 on: December 04, 2011, 05:11:41 PM »

Hey Guys,
Since installing the update and patch, i cant load saved games anymore.
I click save and exit, it seems to save ok, when i restart the came and press continue to start the saved game it just restarts from the begining, abit of a pain if youre 2 and a half hours in to a battle and lose it all!
Apart from that, and the annoying "Blue halo/ring" around selected units (i wish there was an option to disable it, and the command rings when you choose the artillary bombardment area) its still in my opinion the best game of its type on the market.
I love the historical realism, well done.
Keep up the good work.

PS. Can we have some SigRunes (lighting flashes) on the SS Soldiers helmets, historical markings please, thanks!
Xambrium
Oberstleutnant

« Reply #10 on: December 04, 2011, 05:15:38 PM »

gbs, make shure the update577 installs on the correct folder, my tries to install in program file, not program files (x86). If its installs correct the ingame updater starts automaticly. the add the Nov11 update.
GBS
Major

« Reply #11 on: December 04, 2011, 07:49:12 PM »

Xambriam, I have the game installed in programs x86.
« Last Edit: December 04, 2011, 08:07:57 PM by GBS » Logged
GBS
Major

« Reply #12 on: December 04, 2011, 08:07:14 PM »

In update utility select file (desc.addpack) in CORE folder

When i click on UPDATE in the main menu of the game there is nothing in it! How do I get the said CORE folder to show up there. Frustrating as hell when I'm not sure I'm following your terminology. I appreciate you trying to help though.
Schuck
Oberstleutnant

« Reply #13 on: December 04, 2011, 08:27:12 PM »

Hey GBS.
Hope i can help, start the game as normal, it should say "Version 577" in the top right hand corner of the screen.
If it dosnt you need to run the Version update first.
Please note the Update and patch are two seperate things!
If it does say 577, click on the updater, the boxes will be empty. Click on install, in the game folder (CORE) find the file "desc.pack", click on that then click on "save and play"
When the game launches it should say "Version 5.77 (1420) Update Oct11"
« Last Edit: December 04, 2011, 08:32:16 PM by Schuck » Logged
GBS
Major

« Reply #14 on: December 04, 2011, 08:49:28 PM »

Thank you. I have both the patch and update downloaded. When I start my game it shows version 5.75 in the upper right so I run the update. I get a message that says "successfully installed, click Finish to complete." When I restart the game it still says version 5.75. Do we have to use the in game update utility or can we somehow just manually copy the updated files in the "patch" into the game?
andrey12345
Graviteam
Generalfeldmarschall

Jerk developer

« Reply #15 on: December 04, 2011, 08:58:25 PM »

Step by step guide with images for you

http://www.sukhoi.ru/forum/showthread.php?t=73356

Xambrium
Oberstleutnant

« Reply #16 on: December 06, 2011, 03:02:10 AM »

Xambriam, I have the game installed in programs x86.
[/quote

Yes, but the original instalation path from the 577 update ignores the (x86) , you have to edit it when you choose instalation folder for the update 577.
Tac Error
Oberstleutnant

« Reply #17 on: December 17, 2011, 11:33:42 PM »

Another problem with the current patch is that all the encyclopedia entries are duplicated. Hope that will be fixed in the December patch.
andrey12345
Graviteam
Generalfeldmarschall

Jerk developer

« Reply #18 on: December 17, 2011, 11:57:09 PM »

Another problem with the current patch is that all the encyclopedia entries are duplicated. Hope that will be fixed in the December patch.

Ok. Recorded in the plans

Tac Error
Oberstleutnant

« Reply #19 on: December 21, 2011, 08:49:11 AM »

Another problem to report: If you try to check LOS with the `/~ key if the selected squad or vehicle is outside of your screen, the LOS bar will not show up until you have the unit appearing on your screen.
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  

Jump to: