Graviteam
May 04, 2024, 06:32:37 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Some questions about SABOW  (Read 13638 times)
chaudard
Generalmajor

« on: April 18, 2012, 06:32:42 PM »

Hi,

Very good game, thanks Smiley I have some questions:
Can we have more maps? Can you add the maps of Achtung Panzer in SABOW?

Can we shoot the smoke amunitions of the m60 tank?
whukid
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #1 on: April 18, 2012, 08:34:36 PM »

Hi,

Very good game, thanks Smiley I have some questions:
Can we have more maps? Can you add the maps of Achtung Panzer in SABOW?

Can we shoot the smoke amunitions of the m60 tank?

Maps are a no-go from what I understand. Flashburn made a tutorial on Gunnery for the M60a1 at SimHQ.

http://simhq.com/forum/ubbthreads.php/topics/3508398/SABOW_M60_gunnery_tutorial_ano.html#Post3508398

Flashburn
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #2 on: April 18, 2012, 11:38:46 PM »

I wish there where more and varied maps.  Bringing in APOS to sabow maps...........I bet it is possible but no one that I know of has tried.
Smoke rounds for the m68 gun?  they are part of your basic load out...so yes you can shoot them.  CNL click the interface on ammo types....Under that is an icon for smoke and one for canister rounds.   Grin

Yabba dabba do
whukid
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #3 on: April 18, 2012, 11:39:46 PM »

what do you use them for, anyway? I have a hard time finding uses for them

Flashburn
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #4 on: April 18, 2012, 11:54:45 PM »

Canister............hmmm human wave attack?   LOL.  No real idea.  I guess anything you need a REAL BIG shotgun for.  Tongue  Smoke.......conceilment for yourself or your buddies.  Ya, I rarly use this either.  Fun to shoot at apc's for giggles. 

Yabba dabba do
whukid
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #5 on: April 19, 2012, 12:19:51 AM »

Canister............hmmm human wave attack?   LOL.  No real idea.  I guess anything you need a REAL BIG shotgun for.  Tongue  Smoke.......conceilment for yourself or your buddies.  Ya, I rarly use this either.  Fun to shoot at apc's for giggles. 

hehe I bet Tongue It's too bad you can't make a custom loadout for your tank. I honestly don't see a use for SABOT rounds in an M60, or smoke rounds for that matter. Neither one really works against tanks :/

Flashburn
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #6 on: April 19, 2012, 12:45:15 AM »

Well if other Army's are like the US Army you have a set of approved load outs that you have to follow.  Obviously sometimes things like that need to get bent, but not broken.  If you end up NOT having what the book says your suppose to have (without a vary good reason) and you end up needing it; well your arse is hanging in the wind.  But that is real world.

Yabba dabba do
whukid
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #7 on: April 19, 2012, 01:37:09 AM »

Well if other Army's are like the US Army you have a set of approved load outs that you have to follow.  Obviously sometimes things like that need to get bent, but not broken.  If you end up NOT having what the book says your suppose to have (without a vary good reason) and you end up needing it; well your arse is hanging in the wind.  But that is real world.

meh. touche Tongue

chaudard
Generalmajor

« Reply #8 on: April 19, 2012, 04:43:27 AM »

I wish there where more and varied maps.  Bringing in APOS to sabow maps...........I bet it is possible but no one that I know of has tried.

The official developers can confirm this?

Smoke rounds for the m68 gun?  they are part of your basic load out...so yes you can shoot them.  CNL click the interface on ammo types....Under that is an icon for smoke and one for canister rounds.   Grin

Thanks, I hadn't understood. CNL click, ok, I will try Smiley

what do you use them for, anyway? I have a hard time finding uses for them

Against a gun or entrenched enemy, to protect us while approaching or getting around him! Wink
johncage
Oberst

« Reply #9 on: May 01, 2012, 07:26:22 AM »

i think it's possible. they share the same engine, no? the jungles and deserts no match for versatile european setting.
andrey12345
Graviteam
Generalfeldmarschall

Jerk developer

« Reply #10 on: May 02, 2012, 05:28:38 PM »

i think it's possible. they share the same engine, no? the jungles and deserts no match for versatile european setting.
Yes it's possible but... only for devs  Grin
Districts for SABOW and APOS has a little bit different formats.

Пользовательский интерфейс будет неуместен на сегодняшних широкоэкранных экранах, а оригинальные карты неопределенного метра и моделирование чисел с низкими лицами заставляют людей действительно не хотеть играть.
chaudard
Generalmajor

« Reply #11 on: May 03, 2012, 06:39:10 PM »

Can you make a patch to fix that? In the future, can we have more maps? I would like cities map, mountains map, european map...

Thanks

Grin
andrey12345
Graviteam
Generalfeldmarschall

Jerk developer

« Reply #12 on: May 27, 2012, 01:06:39 PM »

Can you make a patch to fix that? In the future, can we have more maps? I would like cities map, mountains map, european map...

Thanks

Grin
We don't have a rights for SABOW. And probably not replace formats in it.
That is, the future is more likely option is APOS: Tank edition (like DLC or standalone ADDON) in WWII setting (may be and not WWII).

Пользовательский интерфейс будет неуместен на сегодняшних широкоэкранных экранах, а оригинальные карты неопределенного метра и моделирование чисел с низкими лицами заставляют людей действительно не хотеть играть.
chaudard
Generalmajor

« Reply #13 on: November 27, 2012, 05:56:02 AM »

I have antoher questions, on the last update (aug12).

Is it possible to disable the compass and reactivate the old mini-map?

Is it possible to see the big map when we are on the gunner view, without to go to the commander seat? (Like with the previous updates.)

Sometimes the commander didn't tell me the range with the target when I play the t-62.
Tanker
Generalfeldmarschall

BRING BACK MARKERS

« Reply #14 on: November 27, 2012, 04:54:49 PM »

hehe I bet Tongue It's too bad you can't make a custom loadout for your tank. I honestly don't see a use for SABOT rounds in an M60, or smoke rounds for that matter. Neither one really works against tanks :/

M60 sabot rounds don't penetrate T-62 or T-55?

Bring back 3D markers!
andrey12345
Graviteam
Generalfeldmarschall

Jerk developer

« Reply #15 on: November 27, 2012, 06:01:00 PM »

No, mini-map is very arcade thing for simulator.

Is it possible to see the big map when we are on the gunner view, without to go to the commander seat? (Like with the previous updates.)
Yes, dont set realism level to high, or skip block in options manually.

Sometimes the commander didn't tell me the range with the target when I play the t-62.
Yes if it dont see the target due to smoke/dust or weather conditions etc

andrey12345
Graviteam
Generalfeldmarschall

Jerk developer

« Reply #16 on: November 27, 2012, 06:03:24 PM »

If you don't shot from 1.5+ km to frontal projection its penetrating well.

chaudard
Generalmajor

« Reply #17 on: November 27, 2012, 06:11:41 PM »

No, mini-map is very arcade thing for simulator.

Yes, dont set realism level to high, or skip block in options manually.

Yes if it dont see the target due to smoke/dust or weather conditions etc
Ok, thanks for the replies Andrey Smiley
whukid
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #18 on: November 27, 2012, 09:08:52 PM »

So you have to be within 1.5 km? Are you sure? I've bounced rounds off the side of a T-62 at 600 yards. If I'm lucky, I can knock it out with a HEAT round to the turret  Sad

Tanker
Generalfeldmarschall

BRING BACK MARKERS

« Reply #19 on: November 27, 2012, 09:37:54 PM »

As would be expected.

Bring back 3D markers!
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: