Graviteam
May 05, 2024, 02:25:49 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4
  Print  
Author Topic: GTOS December 2013 patch  (Read 33784 times)
andrey12345
Graviteam
Generalfeldmarschall

Jerk developer

« Reply #20 on: December 25, 2013, 07:18:38 AM »

Could we also get an intermediate fog of war setting on the tactical map?

Where the icons don't show if you can't see them, but the actual tanks and infantrymen arn't invisible?
This is default behavior if you play on normal or realistic settings.
If your forces not see - you dont see markers and vehicles.
You can disable markers in any time (F6 key) and get any combination except Markers but no view - markers+view, view+no markers, no markers+no view

Пользовательский интерфейс будет неуместен на сегодняшних широкоэкранных экранах, а оригинальные карты неопределенного метра и моделирование чисел с низкими лицами заставляют людей действительно не хотеть играть.
Tanker
Generalfeldmarschall

BRING BACK MARKERS

« Reply #21 on: December 27, 2013, 05:39:50 AM »

Is this final or beta?

Bring back 3D markers!
Flashburn
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #22 on: December 27, 2013, 06:35:13 AM »

I would say final test candidates for December patch.  Cant wait to get some time to mess with it.   Tongue

Yabba dabba do
Santini
Oberstleutnant

« Reply #23 on: December 27, 2013, 10:07:02 AM »

Could we also get an intermediate fog of war setting on the tactical map?

Where the icons don't show if you can't see them, but the actual tanks and infantrymen arn't invisible?
This is default behavior if you play on normal or realistic settings.
If your forces not see - you dont see markers and vehicles.
You can disable markers in any time (F6 key) and get any combination except Markers but no view - markers+view, view+no markers, no markers+no view

Okay... so what setting would have view, but markers only for sighted units? I think Kharkov 1943 had a setting for that
Dane49
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #24 on: December 27, 2013, 03:29:37 PM »

I think its the realism settings in your option menu 4.09-disable fog of war.There are 3 different settings. Realism,Type only and Full.

The UI button in the lower left hand corner to the right of the flag allows you to turn off the markers above units also-I think there 3 different settings for that too when you click on that button.
« Last Edit: December 27, 2013, 03:52:00 PM by Dane49 » Logged
Santini
Oberstleutnant

« Reply #25 on: December 28, 2013, 03:24:39 AM »

That setting is for the strat map, not the tactical map
Flashburn
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #26 on: December 28, 2013, 05:10:35 AM »

Just curious, but does anyone use the IR vision tool thing in GTOS?  I must confess I have never used or more importantly...ever bothered to look for whatever Key does it. 

Yabba dabba do
Xambrium
Oberstleutnant

« Reply #27 on: December 28, 2013, 10:57:22 AM »

The Text file is unformated, but i read about new Summer and Taranovka DLCs  8)
Dane49
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #28 on: December 28, 2013, 02:20:20 PM »

That setting is for the strat map, not the tactical map

Not exactly what you're after but you might try this as an alternative,that is if you don't reference the mini map since you will always see the enemy locations on it but not on the 3D map.

The option 5.01 "always show enemy"  enable it.
Then the button on the UI to the right of the flag click it-both yours and the enemy locations and squad icons will be invisible on the 3D map but everyone is still visible (just harder to locate) and they never disappear during a battle.

You can still reference where your units are by clicking the platoon or squad icon buttons and the blue box will show around them.
To turn the blue box back off left mouse click.

It's not perfect and takes a little getting use to(I've done this occasionally and had some fun with it) but it's close to what you want for the time being.
I usually disable the mini map too and you could turn the speech volume down to zero so the voices don't inadvertently give away the enemy positions.

It's actually a pretty decent way to play the game and the squad icons don't clutter the battlefield(I also turn off the flags) for a more immersive gameplay feeling unless you cheat on yourself and go camera hunting the enemy.
You may also want to paste a bunch of screen shots together and print up a mini map for reference during your gameplay.
I have one of the Taranovka map.

But it would still be better if the enemy was invisible on the mini map as well except for known units and your own squad icons were visible as an option though.

Another player asked for same thing you are suggesting about 7 months ago.
Dane49
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #29 on: December 28, 2013, 02:21:52 PM »

Just curious, but does anyone use the IR vision tool thing in GTOS?  I must confess I have never used or more importantly...ever bothered to look for whatever Key does it. 

I never use it.
Dane49
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #30 on: December 28, 2013, 02:26:03 PM »

The Text file is unformated, but i read about new Summer and Taranovka DLCs

I remember talk of a Summer 42 Taranovka battle being discussed on the Russian Sukhoi forums last year.
And Andrey making vague statements of maybe a Summer 43 DLC to include the Panther tank.
Not much talk of it lately though.
Schuck
Oberstleutnant

« Reply #31 on: December 28, 2013, 02:47:45 PM »

Ive never used them either!
And also ive asked for the ability to turn off all the icons, flags etc. with the "always see enemy" enabled.
I remember it being like this in APK, but was told it was a bug in the game, and not long after it was removed.
I dont use either map at all, as i do not wish to know where the enemy positions are, or what they are made up of.
And dont even get me started on the Blue boxes!!!
A game based on realism and historical accuracy, and they go and put blue boxes around everything!!! I want to scream!
But still a great game.
Dane49
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #32 on: December 28, 2013, 02:56:00 PM »

Blue boxes don't bother me.
They're easy to click off(LMB) and they do help me locate my individual troops and see if my squads are mixed with other squads when forming up for an assault.
Schuck
Oberstleutnant

« Reply #33 on: December 28, 2013, 03:18:14 PM »

Yeah, its a personal thing.
I love the full emmersion, the Blue boxes are just abit off putting for me. It used to be an outline of the unit on the ground, but they changed that for some reason.
And surely it cant be to difficult to add a "Disable Blue boxes" to the game settings, for the sad people like me? Lol Grin

As this Topic is Dec Patch, heres something that ive always wondered about.
Just how much weight can a frozen river carry, and just how deep are they, deeper than the height of a tank?
Ive always thought there where to many crossing points on some of the maps. Making it difficult to put up adequate defences.
And im pretty sure at Sokolovo the Czechs withdrew across the river because armour reinforcements couldnt get to them and the German armour couldnt follow as the river was thawing and was to deep to ford.
And would Peipers men have bothered to battle their way across a bridge when there are so many other crossing points?
Im not having ago, just an observation.
« Last Edit: December 28, 2013, 03:39:20 PM by Schuck » Logged
Dane49
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #34 on: December 28, 2013, 04:08:17 PM »

Sokolovo I believe was thawing in March so probably the ice was thin.
Krasnaya Polyana in early Feb. 42 should have been frozen I think the bridge was mainly for use by the truck column that accompanied Peipers relief force.
andrey12345
Graviteam
Generalfeldmarschall

Jerk developer

« Reply #35 on: December 28, 2013, 06:25:10 PM »

I remember talk of a Summer 42 Taranovka battle being discussed on the Russian Sukhoi forums last year.
Taranovka summer 1943 is first order DLC for Mius
AGA find all needed archive docs for both sides.
Brief info for operation - Red Army's rifle division attacks and knocked out Germans from Taranovka and near area.

Пользовательский интерфейс будет неуместен на сегодняшних широкоэкранных экранах, а оригинальные карты неопределенного метра и моделирование чисел с низкими лицами заставляют людей действительно не хотеть играть.
andrey12345
Graviteam
Generalfeldmarschall

Jerk developer

« Reply #36 on: December 28, 2013, 06:47:07 PM »

Mius-Front early prototype of the tactical interface
https://twitter.com/graviteam/status/417001959384571904

FB_AGA
Oberst

« Reply #37 on: December 28, 2013, 08:45:15 PM »

Brief info for operation - Red Army's rifle division attacks and knocked out Germans from Taranovka and near area.

Shocked
Well, actually I haven't really started to do it. I thought Shilovo late July 1942 was more important...  Roll Eyes Or Volokonovka 42/43.  Grin

« Last Edit: December 28, 2013, 08:50:18 PM by FB_AGA » Logged
andrey12345
Graviteam
Generalfeldmarschall

Jerk developer

« Reply #38 on: December 28, 2013, 09:42:37 PM »

Shocked
Well, actually I haven't really started to do it. I thought Shilovo late July 1942 was more important...  Roll Eyes Or Volokonovka 42/43.  Grin

That's not soon. Since even though Mius to do Smiley

Santini
Oberstleutnant

« Reply #39 on: December 29, 2013, 02:49:46 AM »

Mius-Front early prototype of the tactical interface
https://twitter.com/graviteam/status/417001959384571904

Please tell me you don't have to click left/right to select different platoons...
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4
  Print  

Jump to: