Graviteam
May 04, 2024, 03:14:32 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: I need HELP! making crap for sabow  (Read 7701 times)
Flashburn
Generalfeldmarschall

« on: October 06, 2012, 09:35:02 PM »

I am now spread WAY thin.  not enough of me at all.  I need folks to please feed me info or whatever help you can.  Near term plans........

#1  IDF mods centurian.  Going to try and do this in phases. 
    phase 1.   Get the damned thing in sabow as ai vehicle.  PLus add in a bit of detail of model bits I have done.  Need photos of the thing used in 73 war.  Mainly after commanders weapon.....or lack of it.  Need armor map.  If someone could do JUST that saves me time.  All needed data on how too is in mod docs.
    phase 2.  Some sort of BASIC playable deal.  no legit interior but working things like sights ala K42.  Need correct imagry of gun sights.  What kind, what it looks like.  That sort of thing.
    Phase 3.  A much more legit interior.  Well photos of interior!  =) 

#2  My m113's
    phase 1.  finish ai stuff.  Right now looking like m106 and m113 with m40.  Vary Vary close on this.
    Phase 2.  make it playable.  All I need is wft the sight looks like on the m40.  Yes it has one.  No its not always used due to the spotting rifle.  I want to say its the m39  sight but would have to check.

# 3.  PLayable olpihant.
    phase 1.  sights again.  and fire controls.  This one may be tuff.  Its an upgrade centurian but has laser ranger and maybe a fire control computer?  dont have any info on it.  If anyone is from South Africa can you go hit a muesuem?  LOL.
    Phase 2  the insides for legit interior

# 4.  replacement genaric buildings for middle east.  Iran, Iraq Etc do NOT look like afgan huts.   Grin

and some time get my sally armored car playable and with interior.  =)  Low priority now. 

if you can help out would save me HOURS of research.  That eats alot of time.

Yabba dabba do
whukid
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #1 on: October 06, 2012, 10:55:22 PM »

I am now spread WAY thin.  not enough of me at all.  I need folks to please feed me info or whatever help you can.  Near term plans........

#1  IDF mods centurian.  Going to try and do this in phases. 
    phase 1.   Get the damned thing in sabow as ai vehicle.  PLus add in a bit of detail of model bits I have done.  Need photos of the thing used in 73 war.  Mainly after commanders weapon.....or lack of it.  Need armor map.  If someone could do JUST that saves me time.  All needed data on how too is in mod docs.
    phase 2.  Some sort of BASIC playable deal.  no legit interior but working things like sights ala K42.  Need correct imagry of gun sights.  What kind, what it looks like.  That sort of thing.
    Phase 3.  A much more legit interior.  Well photos of interior!  =) 

#2  My m113's
    phase 1.  finish ai stuff.  Right now looking like m106 and m113 with m40.  Vary Vary close on this.
    Phase 2.  make it playable.  All I need is wft the sight looks like on the m40.  Yes it has one.  No its not always used due to the spotting rifle.  I want to say its the m39  sight but would have to check.

# 3.  PLayable olpihant.
    phase 1.  sights again.  and fire controls.  This one may be tuff.  Its an upgrade centurian but has laser ranger and maybe a fire control computer?  dont have any info on it.  If anyone is from South Africa can you go hit a muesuem?  LOL.
    Phase 2  the insides for legit interior

# 4.  replacement genaric buildings for middle east.  Iran, Iraq Etc do NOT look like afgan huts.   Grin

and some time get my sally armored car playable and with interior.  =)  Low priority now. 

if you can help out would save me HOURS of research.  That eats alot of time.

Well jeez, I have more Centurion pictures Tongue Do you just need the commander's hatch and weapon or anything in particular?

For #2, the M40 doesn't have any iron sights; only the Spotting .50 above the barrel

As far as sights go for the Centurion, this is a picture of the sight

The Israelis only had the Mk. 5's, so their night fighting equipment was a searchlight mounted above the gun. They also had a stabilized gun and the M60's Fire control system.

http://idf-armor.blogspot.com/2009/01/cast-lead-gaza-operation-2009.html#.UHCySU3A-4o

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sho't

whukid
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #2 on: October 06, 2012, 11:09:13 PM »

I snagged this from "Greatest Tank Battles". I'm fairly sure it's the commander's sight

Here's a -small- picture of the Centurion with the searchlight. I'm trying to find something better, but this is the best I could get

« Last Edit: October 06, 2012, 11:10:55 PM by whukid » Logged

whukid
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #3 on: October 06, 2012, 11:19:01 PM »

Not quite sure where this one fits, but it's cool as hell Grin

Note the smoke launchers and the .50
« Last Edit: October 06, 2012, 11:21:33 PM by whukid » Logged

Flashburn
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #4 on: October 06, 2012, 11:23:23 PM »

LOL.........mixing eras.

the 40 DOES have a sight.  That wacky metal wing thing is its mount.  Slides right onto it.  Its a VARY small sight for the size of th weapon. 

Yabba dabba do
Flashburn
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #5 on: October 06, 2012, 11:27:10 PM »

Ah those smoke launchers are standard britsh type of the era.  I can snag those off my saladin.  Cheesy

MAN am I having Major issues with the LOD #1.  Fixed a hell of alot but still more crap keeps showing up.  Not going to use LOD2 from files you sent me.  NO way I am going thru this all over.  Ill make a new LOD2.  MUCH faster than trying to un-fook this.
« Last Edit: October 06, 2012, 11:39:25 PM by Flashburn » Logged

Yabba dabba do
whukid
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #6 on: October 06, 2012, 11:44:00 PM »

Ah those smoke launchers are standard britsh type of the era.  I can snag those off my saladin.  Cheesy

MAN am I having Major issues with the LOD #1.  Fixed a hell of alot but still more crap keeps showing up.  Not going to use LOD2 from files you sent me.  NO way I am going thru this all over.  Ill make a new LOD2.  MUCH faster than trying to un-fook this.

fair enough Smiley I'm looking to see if I can find a reticle for the Centurion. Nothing substantial yet

Flashburn
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #7 on: October 07, 2012, 12:34:08 AM »

yA. its the typical looks fine in 3ds max........when exported to x file it gives you the middle finger.   Tongue

oops
« Last Edit: October 08, 2012, 05:18:42 AM by Flashburn » Logged

Yabba dabba do
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: