Graviteam
May 05, 2024, 12:38:22 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Graviteam Tactics? This is a joke right?  (Read 9282 times)
runsilent
Oberleutnant

« on: December 31, 2012, 01:11:32 PM »

Just recently got back into Apos and installed the latest beta patch to see "Graviteam Tactics".  This is a left over joke from April fools?

I just can't take it serious.  Can you imagine if other games followed this thinking... 

Activision military shooter, 
Blizzard fantasy online,
Ubisoft stealth adventure,
Majong mining

The only games that have names like this are EA sport games.  With such a niche market I can't believe this name change is going to garner any positive attention from potential new players.

Am I alone in this logic?
wodin
Generalleutnant

« Reply #1 on: December 31, 2012, 06:06:41 PM »

Someone else mentioned the new game name..personally to me it's just a name..aslong as the game is great I'm not bothered what they call it.

it's the way the game is heading I think will be more of shall we say an issue or something to debate than the actual game name.

Also they had to change the name due to some publisher or other owning the game name as such..
Beelzeboss
Oberleutnant

« Reply #2 on: January 01, 2013, 12:30:29 PM »

Name doesn't change good game into bad game and bad game into good game. Although this is very poor name Wink
But hey, in my country Steel Armor Blaze of War was published with a name Tank Simulator Smiley
Missouri_Rebel
Oberstleutnant

« Reply #3 on: January 01, 2013, 02:45:33 PM »

Am I the only one who likes the name Graviteam Tactics? The only thing I care about is that they keep the tactics in G.T..
Schuck
Oberstleutnant

« Reply #4 on: January 01, 2013, 04:42:21 PM »

I agree with wodin, whats in a name.
Its the game play that counts.
Although "Graviteam Tactical" has a slightly better ring to it, from an English point of view! Grin
Kyth
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #5 on: January 02, 2013, 01:19:02 AM »

I find the name to be insufficiently generic.
If they want to go the no-frills route, might I suggest 'Graviteam Game 1', 'Graviteam Game 2' etc. etc.  Cheesy

"What am I, chopped liver..?"

"Yes."
andrey12345
Graviteam
Generalfeldmarschall

Jerk developer

« Reply #6 on: January 02, 2013, 10:10:13 AM »

I find the name to be insufficiently generic.
If they want to go the no-frills route, might I suggest 'Graviteam Game 1', 'Graviteam Game 2' etc. etc.  Cheesy

Game #1 its a totally good name. May be we will use it in future too  Grin.
But I agree that Game #2 it's completely bad name.

Пользовательский интерфейс будет неуместен на сегодняшних широкоэкранных экранах, а оригинальные карты неопределенного метра и моделирование чисел с низкими лицами заставляют людей действительно не хотеть играть.
ownederd
Oberleutnant

« Reply #7 on: January 09, 2013, 02:00:44 AM »

i think the name change stems from a publisher issue or is that not the case?

either way, i see nothing wrong with it, seems like a decent name for a computer game to me, and developer recognition is good too
« Last Edit: January 09, 2013, 02:08:47 AM by ownederd » Logged
Lemonade
Oberstleutnant

« Reply #8 on: January 09, 2013, 02:40:51 AM »

When I first heard about the change in the "russian translation" thread of what Graviteam was up to, I was like:  Huh?
It seemed okay if Graviteam plans were to expand the tactical battles to some other conflicts (although I'd prefer Graviteam to stay within 1936-1953 period), using the same engine and rules APOS uses, but still, the Achtung Panzer title had this KICK in it.
But... The moment I saw new loading screen from alpha patch, I fully accepted the new title. Graviteam Tactics: Operation Star sounds good.
Or... Graviteam Tactics: September 1939. Graviteam Tactics: Heartbreak Ridge, Graviteam Tactics: Battle of Saigon. Simply put - it fits. Smiley
Flashburn
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #9 on: January 09, 2013, 03:09:27 AM »

When I first heard about the change in the "russian translation" thread of what Graviteam was up to, I was like:  Huh?
It seemed okay if Graviteam plans were to expand the tactical battles to some other conflicts (although I'd prefer Graviteam to stay within 1936-1953 period), using the same engine and rules APOS uses, but still, the Achtung Panzer title had this KICK in it.
But... The moment I saw new loading screen from alpha patch, I fully accepted the new title. Graviteam Tactics: Operation Star sounds good.
Or... Graviteam Tactics: September 1939. Graviteam Tactics: Heartbreak Ridge, Graviteam Tactics: Battle of Saigon. Simply put - it fits. Smiley

OR Graviteam Simulation:  Uber tank sim  Or Graviteam Simulation: SCOUTS OUT!  LOL. 
No its really not bad at all. 
OOOOOHHHHHHHHHH Graviteam Simulation: Tactical infantry meat grinder. 

Yabba dabba do
Tanker
Generalfeldmarschall

BRING BACK MARKERS

« Reply #10 on: January 09, 2013, 04:24:51 AM »

Graviteam Simulations:Toothless Infantry.

Bring back 3D markers!
Missouri_Rebel
Oberstleutnant

« Reply #11 on: January 10, 2013, 01:22:42 AM »

Oh, he went there.
Lemonade
Oberstleutnant

« Reply #12 on: January 10, 2013, 01:44:12 AM »

You guys...  Roll Eyes
whukid
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #13 on: January 10, 2013, 07:17:05 AM »

Not in SABOW! I'm forever getting rocketed by some hajji behind a rock.

Tanker
Generalfeldmarschall

BRING BACK MARKERS

« Reply #14 on: January 10, 2013, 04:47:02 PM »

Not in SABOW! I'm forever getting rocketed by some hajji behind a rock.

True.  We need tank riders in that one.

Bring back 3D markers!
Redmarkus4
Oberstleutnant

« Reply #15 on: January 19, 2013, 09:09:54 AM »

+1
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: