Graviteam
May 03, 2024, 09:44:25 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 8
  Print  
Author Topic: Hi everyone, more new missions. (for the Panzer 38t)  (Read 85565 times)
frinik
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #40 on: January 22, 2012, 09:47:21 AM »

No it's not! But I find the enemy tanks not reacting as agressively as I would like them to! Grin
Kyth
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #41 on: January 23, 2012, 10:14:20 AM »

From my observation, the AI is plenty aggressive! Just that the 37mm and 45mm guns don't fire as loudly as the others. But they're blasting away, no worries about that,  Cheesy

"What am I, chopped liver..?"

"Yes."
frinik
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #42 on: January 23, 2012, 05:12:10 PM »

I beg to disagree Kyth.The 3 times I have played the mission( last mission ended prematurely with a damaged gun Angry ) the Soviet tanks - although in plain sight - would not fire until I had actually destroyed about 4 or 5 of them.They woudl advance oblivious despite being fired at...Ther AI in SF is unpredictable...
whukid
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #43 on: January 23, 2012, 07:48:59 PM »

I beg to disagree Kyth.The 3 times I have played the mission( last mission ended prematurely with a damaged gun Angry ) the Soviet tanks - although in plain sight - would not fire until I had actually destroyed about 4 or 5 of them.They woudl advance oblivious despite being fired at...Ther AI in SF is unpredictable...

what difficulty do you have it set on?!

Kyth
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #44 on: January 24, 2012, 12:06:53 AM »

what difficulty do you have it set on?!

Same question here.  Huh? Those Soviet light tanks give as good as they get, they'll shoot you whenever they get the chance,

"Yes."
frinik
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #45 on: January 24, 2012, 03:43:56 AM »

My default value is set at balance 10, with both friends and enemy's exoperience set at the max which is 4.In the ME I always set the exp slider at the max. level.I don't know may be I am too aggressive by nature and feel the AI ain't enough.

One thing I must say; after playing BF3 for a couple of hours playing a mission or 2 of SF is sooooo relaxing and soothing... Cheesy
whukid
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #46 on: January 24, 2012, 04:18:57 AM »

My default value is set at balance 10, with both friends and enemy's exoperience set at the max which is 4.In the ME I always set the exp slider at the max. level.I don't know may be I am too aggressive by nature and feel the AI ain't enough.

One thing I must say; after playing BF3 for a couple of hours playing a mission or 2 of SF is sooooo relaxing and soothing... Cheesy

exactly Wink

Kyth
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #47 on: January 24, 2012, 07:33:15 AM »

Okay, okay I hear you!

Toughening the next missions as we speak!  Grin

"Yes."
frinik
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #48 on: January 24, 2012, 07:35:32 AM »

Yeahhhhhhh!
Kyth
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #49 on: January 27, 2012, 08:15:34 AM »

Have you managed to boost the AI aggressiveness?

"Yes."
frinik
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #50 on: January 27, 2012, 02:20:54 PM »

Marginally, by increasing the experience level they seem more aggressive.Got killed after taking out 5 tanks Roll Eyes
hemisent
Oberst

« Reply #51 on: January 27, 2012, 10:36:31 PM »

Kyth
 Please don't take this the wrong way but as per our previous post I changed the player tank to a PZIII.
I then increase the force balance to 10 and taking a page from Frinik's playbook I increased the moral and experience of all the Russians to 10. That seems to help balance out the advantage of the PZIII over the t-38.

Also, to over balance the equation I created 2 additional russian tank divisions coming up from the river bank (one set at 40% and the other set at 60% probability). I used a trigger to make sure they don't move until the german tanks are well on their way to the village. The end result is an ambush where the enemy rises from the river bed and hits the Germans in their left rear quarter. Sometimes three tanks, sometimes six...sometimes none.

Your missions are great and I look forward to each and every one.

Cheers!
H

ps. What is the designation for the short barrel pzIII? I couldn't find it in the ME, only the long barrel version which doesn't make sense.

whukid
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #52 on: January 28, 2012, 01:47:11 AM »

Panzer III over all

Kyth
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #53 on: January 28, 2012, 06:06:50 AM »

Wow, is that your own art work? Great imagination!  Smiley

"Yes."
frinik
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #54 on: January 28, 2012, 08:03:41 AM »

No it's Whukid's Art Classes inspired by your missions Kyth Grin

Kyth
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #55 on: January 28, 2012, 01:14:23 PM »

ps. What is the designation for the short barrel pzIII? I couldn't find it in the ME, only the long barrel version which doesn't make sense.

It's a mod:

The regular SPM 1.5 unit list does not include any playable Panzer IIIJ L/42. But it is possible to 'unlock them' with additional entries in the 'common_units' and 'common_res' files. Anyway, here's a set that I prepared earlier... based on SPM 1.5 (update 1.4):
http://www.4shared.com/file/Qu-4GhsS/PanzerIIIkz.html

How to use:

After activating in JGSME, the new playable units can be found in the ME listing under 'Medium Tanks (Wehrmacht)':

"Yes."
hemisent
Oberst

« Reply #56 on: January 28, 2012, 02:14:31 PM »

Thanks Kyth
 I just dl'd the mod and will install later.

Cheers
H
Kyth
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #57 on: January 28, 2012, 02:42:24 PM »

Take care to activate the 'Popgunsv2' mod only after the 'PanzerIIIkz' mod.

It's a pain, I know, I hope both of these can be included in the next update to the 'Steel Panzers Mod'.

"Yes."
hemisent
Oberst

« Reply #58 on: January 29, 2012, 03:14:02 PM »

Thanks Kyth
 The short barrel mod works like a champ.

Cheers!
H
whukid
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #59 on: January 29, 2012, 05:47:28 PM »

Thanks guys! It was actually kind've inspired by Kyth's Panzer III campaign. I hope you all like it!

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 8
  Print  

Jump to: