Graviteam
May 16, 2024, 11:20:42 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: What determines victory in a tactical battle?  (Read 5442 times)
FlyinJ
Oberleutnant

« on: December 14, 2011, 05:59:25 PM »

What exactly determines if you get a victory in a battle? For instance, I just played a defense battle where I had 3 platoons of infantry defending against a recon platoon.

It was night, and I had my 3 platoons dug in next to the two victory points for our sector. After 45 minutes (!), a lone Russian halftrack rolled down the road past my ambush. I lit it up, and I took some casualties, but continued rolling past my defenses. It never showed up again, then 15 minutes later the battle ended because an hour was up.

None of my victory point locations were taken, but the battle ended in defeat! Both my squads where then retreated on the strategic board. In the post-battle report, it said that there were a total of 6 Russian men against my 45 Germans, and I suffered 3 losses.

What am I doing wrong in that situation? I was defending, none of my defense points were captured, and I outnumbered the enemy drastically.
andrey12345
Graviteam
Generalfeldmarschall

Jerk developer

« Reply #1 on: December 14, 2011, 11:38:30 PM »

What exactly determines if you get a victory in a battle? For instance, I just played a defense battle where I had 3 platoons of infantry defending against a recon platoon.

It was night, and I had my 3 platoons dug in next to the two victory points for our sector. After 45 minutes (!), a lone Russian halftrack rolled down the road past my ambush. I lit it up, and I took some casualties, but continued rolling past my defenses. It never showed up again, then 15 minutes later the battle ended because an hour was up.

None of my victory point locations were taken, but the battle ended in defeat! Both my squads where then retreated on the strategic board. In the post-battle report, it said that there were a total of 6 Russian men against my 45 Germans, and I suffered 3 losses.

What am I doing wrong in that situation? I was defending, none of my defense points were captured, and I outnumbered the enemy drastically.

To victory/defeat affects:
1) The balance of forces before the battle and after battle
2) Losses in the battle (including panic and prisoners)
3) Taken / lost territory
In the quick battle, you can switch the system of assessment.

If you start a fight with a large margin with respect to the enemy, and even if your losses are small, you'll probably lose on points.
Especially the Germans, their platoon with APC has a 2+ times more weight than the Red Army infantry platoon.

P.S. Can you give a screenshot of statistics with losses after the battle?

Пользовательский интерфейс будет неуместен на сегодняшних широкоэкранных экранах, а оригинальные карты неопределенного метра и моделирование чисел с низкими лицами заставляют людей действительно не хотеть играть.
FlyinJ
Oberleutnant

« Reply #2 on: December 15, 2011, 12:21:21 AM »

So, if I successfully defend the objective point in a defense battle in the main game, I can still lose if I don't inflict enough losses on the enemy?

Seems a bit strange. I mean, I defended the objective point sustaining minimal casualties.

The battle results screen was something like this:

German forces total: 6 Losses: 0
Russian forces total: 36 Losses: 6

Defeat.
andrey12345
Graviteam
Generalfeldmarschall

Jerk developer

« Reply #3 on: December 15, 2011, 04:43:12 PM »

So, if I successfully defend the objective point in a defense battle in the main game, I can still lose if I don't inflict enough losses on the enemy?
For a player (and often for the AI) is difficult to say what he is about to be engaged in defense or offense. This criterion is not considered.

P.S. If more time is such a suspicious result, could you do screenshot with the statistics in the menu?

Пользовательский интерфейс будет неуместен на сегодняшних широкоэкранных экранах, а оригинальные карты неопределенного метра и моделирование чисел с низкими лицами заставляют людей действительно не хотеть играть.
Tac Error
Oberstleutnant

« Reply #4 on: December 17, 2011, 04:08:38 AM »

Had a similar problem. In the first campaign, as a defender I drove off a Soviet recon platoon who then offered a ceasefire. This is a defeat??

andrey12345
Graviteam
Generalfeldmarschall

Jerk developer

« Reply #5 on: December 17, 2011, 11:56:25 AM »

Had a similar problem. In the first campaign, as a defender I drove off a Soviet recon platoon who then offered a ceasefire. This is a defeat??

Thanks for screen. In next patch this aspect will be changed.
And as more information will be added according to calculation of victory/defeat conditions.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: