Graviteam
May 10, 2024, 04:21:41 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Command interface  (Read 6001 times)
nuNce
Oberleutnant

« on: December 01, 2012, 01:07:11 PM »

I have a quick question. This this has been bugging me since Kharkov, but it hasn't been fixed yet apparently. Why when giving a unit an advanced order (ie. unit dispersion from medium to large) do I have to give a move order again before the unit actually executes the order? And second, but much more important: if I use a "Move on the road" command on a tank, and then switch to an infantry unit, why on earth is the option kept on for the second unit I selected?? It's so annoying, because everytime I have to switch on or off every single option before moving a unit to actually not spoil the instructions I gave it before.

I also have another question: why does the platoon leader go up front ahead and gets himself killed every single time? I understand I'm playing russians, but being suicidal to this point seems a bit exaggerated to me.
« Last Edit: December 01, 2012, 01:47:18 PM by nuNce » Logged
andrey12345
Graviteam
Generalfeldmarschall

Jerk developer

« Reply #1 on: December 01, 2012, 02:34:47 PM »

I have a quick question. This this has been bugging me since Kharkov, but it hasn't been fixed yet apparently. Why when giving a unit an advanced order (ie. unit dispersion from medium to large) do I have to give a move order again before the unit actually executes the order?

Because it is a modifier, not an order. Order its a "click on map".
Buttons on the right-bottom panel is an orders details (presets), not an order itself.
If you change details you not change orders what already executing. To change you need a new order.

At the moment, it is valid for movement orders (upper panel buttons) except Stop order.
Lower panel buttons is an immediate orders.

And second, but much more important: if I use a "Move on the road" command on a tank, and then switch to an infantry unit, why on earth is the option kept on for the second unit I selected??
Once again, the orders panel stores presets - commanders plan, not an unit orders.

If you want to ask the unit "what is your order now?" and that it was apply on a preset, you have to right-click on unit (when there is no active selection). And orders of his group will be copied to the preset.

It's so annoying,
Its realistic if you think more about it.
Example:
We have a force: tank (T), APC (A) and inf squad (I).

1) Select T + I and set order move by road
2) Select A and set order attack.
3) Than Select A + T - What do you think needs to occur on the orders panel? Move by road or attack? Why it?  Grin

I also have another question: why does the platoon leader go up front ahead and gets himself killed every single time? I understand I'm playing russians, but being suicidal to this point seems a bit exaggerated to me.
Weird question. You are in command of the troops, or what?  Grin
Do not send him to attack, he will not run ahead. AI though and show independence, but direct orders is perform accurately.
« Last Edit: December 01, 2012, 03:23:22 PM by andrey12345 » Logged

Пользовательский интерфейс будет неуместен на сегодняшних широкоэкранных экранах, а оригинальные карты неопределенного метра и моделирование чисел с низкими лицами заставляют людей действительно не хотеть играть.
Redmarkus4
Oberstleutnant

« Reply #2 on: December 01, 2012, 06:35:42 PM »

Platoon and Company commanders suffer the highest casualty rates of any uniformed rank in most conflicts.

Even at Divisional command levels, Germany lost more than 100 Div commanders killed in action during WW2.  Many Div Commanders were to be seen directing the fire of forward units or observing from a front line position.
andrey12345
Graviteam
Generalfeldmarschall

Jerk developer

« Reply #3 on: December 01, 2012, 06:54:24 PM »

Platoon and Company commanders suffer the highest casualty rates of any uniformed rank in most conflicts.

Even at Divisional command levels, Germany lost more than 100 Div commanders killed in action during WW2.  Many Div Commanders were to be seen directing the fire of forward units or observing from a front line position.

In next patch this issue for "high level" commanders (company, battalion) is slightly better due to wire communications. Now the cable and telephone groups will suffer from our commanders.

Пользовательский интерфейс будет неуместен на сегодняшних широкоэкранных экранах, а оригинальные карты неопределенного метра и моделирование чисел с низкими лицами заставляют людей действительно не хотеть играть.
nuNce
Oberleutnant

« Reply #4 on: December 03, 2012, 06:49:07 PM »

I'm talking about squad commanders, sorry. I mean, I move the squad into position and somehow the commander goes on its own ahead instead of holding up with the squad or, even better, staying back. But I'm playing the demo, so it might have been solved.

Speaking of the modifiers, ok. I understand what you mean and I guess I'll have to get used to it. Thanks for the right click tip.  Wink
nuNce
Oberleutnant

« Reply #5 on: December 05, 2012, 10:01:54 PM »

If you want to ask the unit "what is your order now?" and that it was apply on a preset, you have to right-click on unit (when there is no active selection). And orders of his group will be copied to the preset.

I'm sorry, but this is not working for me, could you explain it a bit better?
andrey12345
Graviteam
Generalfeldmarschall

Jerk developer

« Reply #6 on: December 05, 2012, 10:37:21 PM »

I'm sorry, but this is not working for me, could you explain it a bit better?

0) Install current (August 2012 patch)
1) No selection
2) Right click on unit icon
3) Unit must previously obtain at least one order (in group or individual), or do not understand what it would say  Grin

P.S. Use ingame helper it explain this "thin" moments.

nuNce
Oberleutnant

« Reply #7 on: December 05, 2012, 11:34:25 PM »

Did everything like you said. All that happens is that the unit gets selected, but no infos on actual orders.

EDIT: It actually doesn't even select it, it just brings the view onto the unit.
« Last Edit: December 05, 2012, 11:51:55 PM by nuNce » Logged
nuNce
Oberleutnant

« Reply #8 on: December 06, 2012, 06:52:43 PM »

Bump andrey, could you please tell me what am I doing wrong?
I give unit an order, get to another unit, select different modifiers, then i deselect everything. When I right click on the first unit again, it doesn't change the modifier setup. Why is that happening, you are suggesting it should get presets from the first unit, but it is not.
andrey12345
Graviteam
Generalfeldmarschall

Jerk developer

« Reply #9 on: December 06, 2012, 09:10:06 PM »

Bump andrey, could you please tell me what am I doing wrong?
I am dont know. May be somthing wrong or broken or not working properly.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: