Graviteam
May 03, 2024, 07:35:16 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7
  Print  
Author Topic: DLC Shilovo 1942  (Read 72684 times)
andrey12345
Graviteam
Generalfeldmarschall

Jerk developer

« Reply #80 on: September 18, 2013, 08:15:17 PM »

Shilovo DLC will be updated during month from release.

Changes:
- Will be adjusted the composition of forces and weapons according to newly discovered documents.
- There will be some changes in the weather and lighting in the evening.
- - Will change the number of soldiers in the squads and squads in platoons (in conjunction with the next patch).

What do you mean about changing the numbers of soldiers? More or less soldiers?
More, approx +50% in Wermacht (w/o casaulties) and +30% in Red Army.

If less, could you let the version with more soldiers for alternate?
Yes - initial version a I hope available too.

I often have 770 men on a QB. I really was disapointed about the Shield of prophet addon! You could not even use them with Hopper in QB because the extrem low forces the Iran an Russia had! The Hopper Armies were much stronger (expect in the lower tank forces) Had no chance against the big armies! I have a fast PC the game runs well with so many units and I love big Assaults! Please dont let shivolo become like in shield of prophet with a 20 man battle!
WWII era squads and platoons have much more men than motor infantry (Iranian and Soviet) in 80s

Пользовательский интерфейс будет неуместен на сегодняшних широкоэкранных экранах, а оригинальные карты неопределенного метра и моделирование чисел с низкими лицами заставляют людей действительно не хотеть играть.
andrey12345
Graviteam
Generalfeldmarschall

Jerk developer

« Reply #81 on: September 18, 2013, 08:18:16 PM »

I think He means that the squads in the campaigns will reflect a more realistic amount of soldiers.
Generally all platoons in the previous campaigns were always at maximum strength.

This was rarely the case,most platoons and companies were lucky to field 75% of allotted strength and in some instances much lower.
More complex - we add to full roster + 1 battalion for Germans, and in same way we add casualties from previous battles and remove some APCs and cap tank battalion to realistic % from overall divisional power.

P.S. It is a long process that is being tested is probably the 10th version. Therefore, we stop in release on a third version, because need lots of time for tweaking and all the time opened some unaccounted moments (There are many inconsistencies and ambiguities in archive docs). We "fight" for each tank and each soldier with our respected consultant AGA Smiley.
On the other hand, maybe it's good, it will turn on two highly distinct operations for each side.
« Last Edit: September 18, 2013, 08:25:04 PM by andrey12345 » Logged

Пользовательский интерфейс будет неуместен на сегодняшних широкоэкранных экранах, а оригинальные карты неопределенного метра и моделирование чисел с низкими лицами заставляют людей действительно не хотеть играть.
Dane49
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #82 on: September 18, 2013, 09:07:00 PM »

So if I understand you correctly,what your doing is padding the actual platoon strength with more men and equipment to get a more realistic force ratio into the individual 1x1 km grid squares so you don't have to add more platoons to the set up areas in these grids.

So instead of having 9 platoons with a more realistic force strength set up on a center grid square,you are putting all the men from the 9 platoons into 4 larger platoons to get the same amount of men and equipment.
andrey12345
Graviteam
Generalfeldmarschall

Jerk developer

« Reply #83 on: September 18, 2013, 09:28:07 PM »

So if I understand you correctly,what your doing is padding the actual platoon strength with more men and equipment to get a more realistic force ratio into the individual 1x1 km grid squares so you don't have to add more platoons to the set up areas in these grids.
No, we expand gren/rifle/recon squads 42 strengths to roster (this will be available in all summer 42 operations after next patch), we expand soviet rifle platoons in Shilovo to 4 squad (as in roster), and we add 2nd battalion with supports for 21 Inf Regiment (24 Pz) on operation map in Shilovo.
And than (in Shilovo) we add initial casaulties for Germans and Russians.

Dane49
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #84 on: September 18, 2013, 09:51:06 PM »

OK,
On paper these platoons had more squads in 42,but I think in actuality they were operating with far less.
Most likely they would start an operation at full strength,but wouldn't field that for very long after the first battle.
Usually if a squad NCO became a casualty they would just disband the extra squad and put the rest in the other 3 squads.
FB_AGA
Oberst

« Reply #85 on: September 18, 2013, 10:56:42 PM »

OK,
On paper these platoons had more squads in 42,but I think in actuality they were operating with far less.
Most likely they would start an operation at full strength,but wouldn't field that for very long after the first battle.
Usually if a squad NCO became a casualty they would just disband the extra squad and put the rest in the other 3 squads.

There is all information about this fights in russian ministry of defense archive. 232 rifle division was absolutly fresh, just created.

In russians squads were 2 NCO's. And at least 1 lance-corporal. But as in german troops when squad's strenght was fallen less than 50% the question of reorganisation was arised.
andrey12345
Graviteam
Generalfeldmarschall

Jerk developer

« Reply #86 on: September 18, 2013, 10:58:05 PM »

OK,

And 232 Rifle Div and 24 Pz was in reality near to real roster.

You can disband squads as you want in roster table in operation mode.

wodin
Generalleutnant

« Reply #87 on: September 18, 2013, 11:09:29 PM »

Comes out today!!! Hurrah!
Dane49
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #88 on: September 18, 2013, 11:10:09 PM »

And 232 Rifle Div and 24 Pz was in reality near to real roster.

I don't know much about the Russian 232 RD. and the 24th PD was probably still operating close to full strength allotment  due to the fact that they had just arrived in Russia from France to participate in Fall Blau.
I was mainly referring to other German units that had been in Russia for awhile.

You can disband squads as you want in roster table in operation mode.
I generally do for QBs Grin
« Last Edit: September 18, 2013, 11:20:16 PM by Dane49 » Logged
Xambrium
Oberstleutnant

« Reply #89 on: September 19, 2013, 10:19:15 AM »

Its out on gamersgate, downloading right now!  8)
ole
Oberleutnant

« Reply #90 on: September 19, 2013, 10:38:01 AM »

Andrey12345
What is the Maximal size of
the combat area and scale, displacement for briefing script for the map Shilovo ?
andrey12345
Graviteam
Generalfeldmarschall

Jerk developer

« Reply #91 on: September 19, 2013, 11:07:59 AM »

Andrey12345
What is the Maximal size of
the combat area and scale, displacement for briefing script for the map Shilovo ?

main config
camp_area 2, 2, 6, 5

briefs
line_scale, 10240.0, 8192.0, 1.0, -6144.0, -5120.0;
text_scale, 10240.0, 8192.0, 0.7, -6144.0, -5120.0;

ole
Oberleutnant

« Reply #92 on: September 19, 2013, 11:26:18 AM »

Immense thanks.  Grin
Aces
Generalleutnant

« Reply #93 on: September 19, 2013, 05:40:58 PM »

Hi chaps,

I downloaded the new DLC and installed. I get screen corruption so I downloaded and installed again and same thing. I changed the order of the DLC in Update and also disabled any mods but still the corruption. The terrain is black/missing. I have the latest game update installed at the bottom of the list and the latest core installed. All other Maps that I've tried work okay, just the new DLC.

Any ideas much appreciated.

Thanks

Aces
« Last Edit: September 19, 2013, 05:54:06 PM by Aces » Logged

"IL-2 MAT Manager" co-dev.,Silent Hunter III "Super Turms","Super Pens","Crew on Deck" ,Multi-Skin Bombers dev. Wings of Victory v2.10.
Gamefront: http://tinyurl.com/bpbaeyl
Mediafire: http://tinyurl.com/bn2aoqt
Krabb
Administrator
Generaloberst

Chekist with a Mauser

« Reply #94 on: September 19, 2013, 06:05:48 PM »

You have not installed Aug 13 patch.
http://www.graviteam.com/AP-STAR/gtos_patch_aug13_rc2_eng.gt2extension

"Please adopt a good faith attitude, Andrey. After 2+ years it's about time you did."
"It is simply not necessary, it makes no sense"
Aces
Generalleutnant

« Reply #95 on: September 19, 2013, 06:08:34 PM »

Ah, thanks mate, I thought I had, I remember downloading it but you are absolutely coirrect, re-downloading now.

Cheers

Aces

"IL-2 MAT Manager" co-dev.,Silent Hunter III "Super Turms","Super Pens","Crew on Deck" ,Multi-Skin Bombers dev. Wings of Victory v2.10.
Aces
Generalleutnant

« Reply #96 on: September 19, 2013, 06:54:31 PM »

That did  it thanks,

In the German campaign has anyone else noticed a lack of tactical markings, numbers etc. on Sd.KFz 251 halftracks (maybe other vehicles?) ? or is it just me.

Edit: game crashes with :

Critical error
011: Unable to find the unit description

[ i_human:hum_13184685 ]

Sad

Cheers

Aces
« Last Edit: September 19, 2013, 07:38:58 PM by Aces » Logged

Krabb
Administrator
Generaloberst

Chekist with a Mauser

« Reply #97 on: September 19, 2013, 07:40:01 PM »

Could it be Skins mod?

"Please adopt a good faith attitude, Andrey. After 2+ years it's about time you did."
"It is simply not necessary, it makes no sense"
Aces
Generalleutnant

« Reply #98 on: September 19, 2013, 07:47:08 PM »

It could be the skins mod causing the crash but I don't think it would effect the Sdkfz 251 lack of markings issue, I'll disable it and try again. Pity if it does as This is a "must have mod" for me, more so than the new DLC.

I'll post back after trying

cheers

Aces

Edit, Unfortunately disabling the skins mod solved both issues Sad. I've re-enabled it and disabled the new DLC until hopefully nightpostman releases a new version that works with this latest DLC as this is the more important for me. I cannot play the game without his excellent work. Actually it's no great deal as I hardly ever have the time and inclination to fire up the game (or any other for that matter) Smiley so hopefully he'll release something in the future. I like to buy them and keep my "collection" up to date for the day when and if my gaming "mojo" ever returns Smiley
« Last Edit: September 19, 2013, 08:04:25 PM by Aces » Logged

wodin
Generalleutnant

« Reply #99 on: September 20, 2013, 12:30:41 AM »

I have my install in this order  1.District update 2. Game Update 3. Shilovo 4. Sokolovo 5. Blau 6. Krasyna
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7
  Print  

Jump to: