Graviteam
May 08, 2024, 05:19:04 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  
Author Topic: you make a great game BUT  (Read 16340 times)
Grimm
Oberleutnant

« Reply #20 on: January 12, 2012, 04:06:48 PM »

Ok, important : I finally successfully passed the update by changing the installation path of the updater : for windows 7, it goes in 'program files' and won't work until properly installed under 'Program files (x86)'.

andrey12345
Graviteam
Generalfeldmarschall

Jerk developer

« Reply #21 on: January 12, 2012, 04:19:38 PM »

Thanks, Have a look at www.battlefront.com They have patches held seperartely from Mods.  Mods are held in a repository or on a third party site such Greenasjade. Works very well, as all you do is download the patch and it automatically is installed.  Mods are done by downloading to a Z file in the data folder.  Very simple and easy to use.

This is inconvenient and dangerous, three different ways to do the same thing, it's enough:)
Especially in fact a CM series of does not allow strong modifications.

I'm getting there I think  but Winrar has caused me a few problems. 
Sorry, but our patches is not packed or unpacked by WinRar and I do not understand where does it???

Пользовательский интерфейс будет неуместен на сегодняшних широкоэкранных экранах, а оригинальные карты неопределенного метра и моделирование чисел с низкими лицами заставляют людей действительно не хотеть играть.
hamrock
Major

« Reply #22 on: January 12, 2012, 05:59:54 PM »

Ok, important : I finally successfully passed the update by changing the installation path of the updater : for windows 7, it goes in 'program files' and won't work until properly installed under 'Program files (x86)'.

Hi Grimm,

Right let me get this straight because I am thick.  The patch was downloaded and installed in APOS in programmes x 86.  Then what did you do?  I have just tried this and still a blank updater!!  This is driving me nuts. So apologies for asking you.
hamrock
Major

« Reply #23 on: January 12, 2012, 06:53:40 PM »

Well that was interesting.. I have now sucessfully installed the patch.  Hoorah. But on entering the game all the vehicles and guns start spinning in the air!!  What now Sad
hamrock
Major

« Reply #24 on: January 12, 2012, 10:38:05 PM »

At Last, It's all working.. Great game, excellent patch. Looking forward to the 15th.

The German helmets are looking a bit odd still.
smithcorp
Oberleutnant

« Reply #25 on: January 13, 2012, 11:58:58 AM »

Hi Grimm,

Right let me get this straight because I am thick.  The patch was downloaded and installed in APOS in programmes x 86.  Then what did you do?  I have just tried this and still a blank updater!!  This is driving me nuts. So apologies for asking you.

Mate, I'll chime in in case you still need help. The game should be installed into Program Files x(86) in Win 7 and probably is in your case (as it was in mine). However, the patches and mods installers default to pointing at Program Files.

So unless you catch this and browse to point the installer to the right directory during install of the patches/mods, they will end up setting up their own game folder under Program Files, so your game will be unpatched in x(86) and there'll be patch files sitting being useless in Program Files.

Took me ages to work that out...

smith
hamrock
Major

« Reply #26 on: January 13, 2012, 01:29:52 PM »

Thanks Smithcorp, I got there by default and all appears well. I do appreciate your help. The whole thing was counter intuitive. Now all I have to do is survive installing Summer '42.

Cheers Smiley
Redjac
Oberleutnant

« Reply #27 on: January 15, 2012, 04:07:20 PM »

Read all the posts in this thread but can't resolve my update problem. I have version 5.75 (1379). No panzer J in encyclo.

Running win 7 64. When I run the updater, click install and path in the CORE\desc.addpack file nothing happens next. Updater stays blank. When I save the same old game version starts. I don't see anything that offers me to input the game path. Yes I know it is under x86.

Is this a permissions problem maybe? still trying to work it out.
andrey12345
Graviteam
Generalfeldmarschall

Jerk developer

« Reply #28 on: January 15, 2012, 04:16:04 PM »

Read all the posts in this thread but can't resolve my update problem. I have version 5.75 (1379). No panzer J in encyclo.

Running win 7 64. When I run the updater, click install and path in the CORE\desc.addpack file nothing happens next. Updater stays blank. When I save the same old game version starts. I don't see anything that offers me to input the game path. Yes I know it is under x86.

Is this a permissions problem maybe? still trying to work it out.

On WIN7 install game to c:\games or somthing like to it. And then install update and patch.

Пользовательский интерфейс будет неуместен на сегодняшних широкоэкранных экранах, а оригинальные карты неопределенного метра и моделирование чисел с низкими лицами заставляют людей действительно не хотеть играть.
Redjac
Oberleutnant

« Reply #29 on: January 15, 2012, 05:14:39 PM »

OK its working.

I missed the concept that this is both a new core updater installation first and then a patch. Embarrassed

Some discussions were about the updater, others the patch. No problem. And yes this update method is fine and easy to follow for me.

Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  

Jump to: