Graviteam
May 08, 2024, 09:06:47 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Moving options in operational fase  (Read 6277 times)
Sybma
Oberleutnant

« on: January 06, 2012, 07:29:21 PM »

Hi there,

After patching in operational mode one can not move freely but only to squares with a little circle and fixed dot in the middle. What's this? I can not advance platoons in line this way but only to squares with these little circles. (there is no enemy in the neighbourhood, its also not a question of distance).

There's no explanation of this in the manual. Since this mentions still the squares lighting op in green totally as the options where to go, pre patch.

Tnx,

Harold
« Last Edit: January 06, 2012, 07:46:50 PM by Sybma » Logged
andrey12345
Graviteam
Generalfeldmarschall

Jerk developer

« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2012, 08:17:17 PM »

HAfter patching in operational mode one can not move freely but only to squares with a little circle and fixed dot in the middle. What's this?
It's "strategic" key point.
Hold them and capture of enemys you come near her victory in the operation. The manual explains this issue in detail.

There's no explanation of this in the manual.
Page 9 in Tactical manual

Пользовательский интерфейс будет неуместен на сегодняшних широкоэкранных экранах, а оригинальные карты неопределенного метра и моделирование чисел с низкими лицами заставляют людей действительно не хотеть играть.
Sybma
Oberleutnant

« Reply #2 on: January 06, 2012, 09:14:45 PM »

Oke, thanks for fast reply. But prior to the patch i could move to all squares directly near the starting square of the squad (they all turned up green).  Now only to squares with strategic key points..?
andrey12345
Graviteam
Generalfeldmarschall

Jerk developer

« Reply #3 on: January 07, 2012, 11:14:26 AM »

Oke, thanks for fast reply. But prior to the patch i could move to all squares directly near the starting square of the squad (they all turned up green).  Now only to squares with strategic key points..?

I do not quite understand what is meant. Could not you make a screenshot what explaining the subject matter?

Пользовательский интерфейс будет неуместен на сегодняшних широкоэкранных экранах, а оригинальные карты неопределенного метра и моделирование чисел с низкими лицами заставляют людей действительно не хотеть играть.
Void
Oberstleutnant

« Reply #4 on: January 07, 2012, 12:42:21 PM »

I think he meant movement on the map prior to the December update, when the strategic map was reworked.

andrey12345
Graviteam
Generalfeldmarschall

Jerk developer

« Reply #5 on: January 07, 2012, 03:10:33 PM »

Now the same thing: select platoon and move too green square

Скачать файл shot_2012_01_07_17_13_38_0000.jpg

Sybma
Oberleutnant

« Reply #6 on: January 07, 2012, 03:35:17 PM »

Hi both,

Thanks so far. This is what i mean indeed. But..in the new concept not all direct surrounding squares turn green anymore. The options are far less and i do not understand the reason. (no enemy in sight).
Tac Error
Oberstleutnant

« Reply #7 on: January 07, 2012, 10:43:59 PM »

AFIAK the manual has not been updated to take into account the revised operational map. IMO the new system is better as it allows for bigger battles potentially up to battalion size, among other things.
lavish
Oberst

« Reply #8 on: January 09, 2012, 11:45:18 AM »

Hi both,

Thanks so far. This is what i mean indeed. But..in the new concept not all direct surrounding squares turn green anymore. The options are far less and i do not understand the reason. (no enemy in sight).

The movement is affected at least by two factors:
1) Type of transportation: foot, horse, motorized
2) Roads, forests, swamps, rivers + weather.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

@ Andrey

Something not so logical during operational phase:

1) The movement distance of a platoon may change (increase or decrease) if I move some other platoon first. I.e. it's possible to move a platoon X to a square S, but if a platoon Y (near the square S) moves first, the platoon X cannot travel to the square S anymore, even if it's still empty.

2) Sometimes it's possible to get extra movement for a platoon X by swapping it with a platoon Y. However, if the platoon Y moves first leaving an empty square, then the platoon X  cannot go there anymore.
andrey12345
Graviteam
Generalfeldmarschall

Jerk developer

« Reply #9 on: January 09, 2012, 07:46:56 PM »

1) The movement distance of a platoon may change (increase or decrease) if I move some other platoon first. I.e. it's possible to move a platoon X to a square S, but if a platoon Y (near the square S) moves first, the platoon X cannot travel to the square S anymore, even if it's still empty.
2) Sometimes it's possible to get extra movement for a platoon X by swapping it with a platoon Y. However, if the platoon Y moves first leaving an empty square, then the platoon X  cannot go there anymore.

Its "feature" from turn-based mode as it's nature, until it is, you have to choose who goes first.
There is nothing to do about it.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: