Graviteam
May 08, 2024, 02:29:33 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Arcs of fire  (Read 5073 times)
33lima
Oberst

« on: April 28, 2015, 11:39:33 PM »

I like the ability in the planning map to set arcs of fire for your platoons. The more I get into SABOW, the more I appreciate that its command interface seems to let me do a lot of the things you would want to do, if you were really commanding troops in the field. And setting arcs of fire is one of them. It is like SABOW is designed to work the way an army officer is trained to think. This is an impressive achievement from a small independent developer.

One thing I don't like though is that arcs of fire are marked out in a rather opaque blue, which makes it difficult to see map features underneath - especially where arcs of fire from more than one unit overlap  - and I like to overlap my arcs of fire, not just interlock them. I can't find a way of turning on and off their display.

Could you consider the following please:

- create a way to toggle off and on the display of arcs of fire (or explain how we can do that now, if I have missed that) - like tie them to the briefing display, so when we turn that off, they are turned off, too. As if they were on the same 'talc' (as we used to call transparent overlays, on a map); and

- make the display of arcs of fire a lighter, more see-through colour, so that we can see what is under them, on the map?
« Last Edit: April 28, 2015, 11:45:25 PM by 33lima » Logged

For it's Tommy this, an' Tommy that, an' "Chuck him out, the brute!"
But it's "Saviour of his country!" when the guns begin to shoot!
'Tommy', Rudyard Kipling, 1892
Tanker
Generalfeldmarschall

BRING BACK MARKERS

« Reply #1 on: April 29, 2015, 03:27:51 AM »

+1
Good suggestion.

Bring back 3D markers!
GALIX_Thor
Oberleutnant

« Reply #2 on: April 29, 2015, 08:07:41 AM »

+1
Good suggestion.

Agreed.
chaudard
Generalmajor

« Reply #3 on: April 29, 2015, 11:16:08 AM »

I don't use them because I am afraid an unit can ignore an enemy coming from another direction.
lavish
Oberst

« Reply #4 on: April 29, 2015, 03:43:50 PM »

I don't use them because I am afraid an unit can ignore an enemy coming from another direction.
AFAIK, it only sets fire and observation priority for the selected area. In addition, it works as the area of ambush (open fire) if the units are told to hold fire. I only use it selectively in special situations like in the latter case.
chaudard
Generalmajor

« Reply #5 on: April 29, 2015, 08:14:51 PM »

AFAIK, it only sets fire and observation priority for the selected area. In addition, it works as the area of ambush (open fire) if the units are told to hold fire. I only use it selectively in special situations like in the latter case.
OK, I will try this feature on SABOW and GTOS soon  Smiley
topnik
Oberstleutnant

« Reply #6 on: May 11, 2015, 08:11:06 PM »

I agree, there should be a way to toggle the arcs on/off, in both games.  Grin
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: