Graviteam
May 13, 2024, 12:37:09 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: units not obeying  (Read 3224 times)
marcel1980
Oberleutnant

« on: May 20, 2014, 08:57:28 AM »

Hi all,
im new to the series and trying hard to get to the game but there are things, which i can't understand and i would like to know if this is a bug or am i doing something wrong? When i give priority target for my Marder 2 {the target is a russian light tank} he starts to go to complete opossite direction, rotating himself like crazy and somewhere between his crazy moves he eventualy fire one round {after half of my soldier squad is dead of course }. He had a clear line of vision to the target so icant understand the unnecessary moves. And it happened a lot of times to me...what am i doing wrong?
Thanks for reply!
Flashburn
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #1 on: May 20, 2014, 11:41:06 AM »

He probably was conflicted about what to shoot at.  Giving to many orders can also cause issues.  Last probably did not have precise LOS to tank.  If infantry where around as well as the tank, and I am guessing yes.  DO THIS....  Click the icon that selects only target tanks.  AND set a fire arc on the direction of the vehicle is in.  It is much more likely to engage the target you want.  But in the end its up the unit what it feels is the greatest danger.  Sometimes it picks the wrong thing.  But then, so do soldiers. 

Yabba dabba do
marcel1980
Oberleutnant

« Reply #2 on: May 20, 2014, 12:50:00 PM »

He probably was conflicted about what to shoot at.  Giving to many orders can also cause issues.  Last probably did not have precise LOS to tank.  If infantry where around as well as the tank, and I am guessing yes.  DO THIS....  Click the icon that selects only target tanks.  AND set a fire arc on the direction of the vehicle is in.  It is much more likely to engage the target you want.  But in the end its up the unit what it feels is the greatest danger.  Sometimes it picks the wrong thing.  But then, so do soldiers. 

Thanks i will try it! The battle was in forest area and it seems the tanks and vehicles behave quite strange in these areas. In open space, they usualy pick the prioity targets quick. However in forest it seems like the AI is very confused of the environment and maneuvering in it.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: