Graviteam
May 07, 2024, 10:33:18 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Multiplayer & Italian version  (Read 4790 times)
Faraxius
Leutnant

« on: March 09, 2010, 11:21:48 AM »

Hello and first of all my special  congratulations to Graviteam for some "concepts" they liked to achieve in this game...

FIRST BIG CHANGE from many other RTS war games, is that Kharkov 1943 owns a REALISM GENERAL ATTITUDE especially true for vehicles DAMAGES...
I was really upset & sad that noone around seemed to realize WE HATE green health bars upon units to represent their "damage" (ridicolous when applied to tanks)...there was a period of great graphics games but silly damage system..Graviteam FINALLY seemed to UNDERSTAND that a "war game" should apply "real" damage to things..THANK YOU GRAVITEAM!

SECOND BIG CHANGE is that  they applied realism not only to damage system but also to AI behaving, and terrain feature..impressive!

I have idea they are at the beginning of a new revolution in wargaming...hopefully that will bring to better experience in WWII gaming..

A very negative issue however is total lack of any multiplayer option...I am sure this will be soon "corrected" in further releases as it's clear to the most  that no "Time" was ever been so addicted to multiplayer than the current one...I can't say how many people may decided to "forget" about this game simply because of this omission..and I strongly suggest to give  it BEST PRIORITY in further releases before ANY other issue..modding and multiplayer give ANY game longevity and popularity..this is one best rule for merchandising!
Do it small, do it simple but let AT LEAST two players(better 4) enjoy this game TOGETHER in some way!!!!!!

as for me I WILL BUY THIS GAME FOR SURE EVEN if there is NO MULTIPLAYER FEATURE because I think that REALISM AND TURN-BASED OPTIONS deserved my money, and my money is a little help to encourage this concept  of wargaming to grow up further...
Multiplayer will follow, I am SURE about this...but maybe Graviteam planned to delay it to next releases..I, an experienced wargamer say, do not delay it too much, it would be a piety to prevent this game to receive the interest it deserves!!

Of course I have NO hope about any "Italian" version of this game...but this is a minor issue if compared to multiplayer one..because this follows  from a typical "fault" of my country...Italy is far from offering enough interest in wargaming unlike english countries..

BY THE WAY I have already helped for the italian localization in one of my BEST wargame of ever, STEEL PANTHERS WORLDS AT WAR..and I am ready to offer my FREE (I do not ask for any money) help also here for any italian translation the Graviteam may need...I have experience in technical terminology,and I can speak in english..so if you think you can easily add any option for italian language in further releases please LET ME KNOW...

I also have many projects and ideas for multiplayer and campaigns...improvements and so on..but first I need to buy this game and try what it can offer to me..

Cheesy

KEEP UP YOUR GOOD WORK
e in bocca al lupo!
Pilot37
Oberleutnant

« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2010, 07:23:45 PM »

Just a different view...

I very rarely play multiplayer games because I don't have time to practice enough to take on fanatics and could rarely hook up with anyone for long enough anyway. Combat Mission was good because I could email an opponent and let him respond in his own time....but CM artificial intelligence was limited.

Where Graviteam have excelled is achieving a very good single player game against a computer and that makes me a big fan. It is all too easy to overlook single players and focus on multiplay saving time on Artificial Intelligence and atmosphere. Keep it up Graviteam, Multiplay would be good, but for me, focus on Single players.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: