Graviteam
May 02, 2024, 06:09:41 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  
Author Topic: Panzer IV Ausf G/H  (Read 16330 times)
Pequod
Leutnant

« on: July 24, 2011, 03:56:22 PM »

Hi, guys!

We have Tigers, Panthers and Stalins, but i miss deeply the most used and versatile german tank of WW2.

Maybe some talented members can create it. i think it would be a great addition.

In fact the real problem isn´t the modelling, ´cause we only need to replace the L/43 with the L/48 (as u know the same used in the SPM StuG III), and we can use the Ausf F2 interiors. Optionally we can add Schuerzen and all that jazz and a pretty 3-tone camo.

If no-one´s interested i´ll try to do it, but i´m not a real expert.

What do u think, guys? Don´t u think it would be great to extend the Pz IV experience from 1941 to 1945 in the Ostfront?

Anyway, nice to meet you, pals. The old Panzer Elite spirit is alive!
Kyth
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #1 on: July 25, 2011, 01:28:26 AM »

That'd be a great idea,  Smiley

"What am I, chopped liver..?"

"Yes."
Donken
Generalmajor

« Reply #2 on: July 25, 2011, 01:34:25 AM »

For me the easiest part is the modelling, import/export modells to the game with all scripts etc is nothing i can do Sad

The real heroes are those that never came back.
Kyth
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #3 on: July 25, 2011, 01:59:17 AM »

For the Panzer IV, the scripting would be the easy part,  Smiley Have you got many WW2 tank models?

I'm still wrapping my brain around the right-handed and left-handed thing,

"Yes."
Donken
Generalmajor

« Reply #4 on: July 25, 2011, 02:05:02 AM »

For the Panzer IV, the scripting would be the easy part,  Smiley Have you got many WW2 tank models?

No i dont, i can make basic things in 3dsmax, modelling only, no texture making in PS and stuff like that (i do know how to map and all that stuff thou)
And every model i do takes time, lots of time.

Kyth
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #5 on: July 25, 2011, 02:25:03 AM »

No i dont, i can make basic things in 3dsmax, modelling only, no texture making in PS and stuff like that (i do know how to map and all that stuff thou)
And every model i do takes time, lots of time.

If you're still trying to import a tank model to the game, maybe I could help,

"Yes."
frinik
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #6 on: July 25, 2011, 02:26:34 AM »

Hi Pequod and Donken!Welcome to the forum! Yes creating a Panzer IV G or H would be immensely appreciated.I really miss that nice little beast!!!!Panzer Elite does give you the taste for variety indeed!

Cheers

Frinik
Donken
Generalmajor

« Reply #7 on: July 25, 2011, 02:33:45 AM »

if someone knows a way to export models from SF to .3ds or something similar format the rest to make a longer gun L43 to L48 and add shurtzen on turret and hull goes pretty quick, but doing a whole new model just to change these takes time, and im not willing to do that, atleast not know xD

And thx Kyth, i am working on a JagdTiger atm (maybe not a tank a few ppl in this forum want in this game because it wasnt used at east front) what i know but maybe make that a test model? Its probably lots of things i need to learn to be able to export it anyway so it can be a good test Tongue

Frinik thx Cheesy Feels good to be here, ive been reading alot in this forum for a few months but havent registered until today Cheesy

Kyth
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #8 on: July 25, 2011, 03:07:30 AM »

As far as I know, there isn't a way to export the .go files to other formats  Sad

The Jagdtiger would be good as a test model,

"Yes."
Kyth
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #9 on: July 25, 2011, 08:38:56 AM »

As far as I know, there isn't a way to export the .go files to other formats  Sad

The Jagdtiger would be good as a test model,

IMHO, the Jagdtiger would be appropriate to the time-period, it's something that actually saw action in WW2,

"Yes."
Mistwalker
Oberst

« Reply #10 on: July 25, 2011, 12:16:58 PM »

Panzer IV mod. H in progress from long ago:

This is a model from "Operation Star", it's just that other vehicles keep me from finishing it.
Elements that left (modeling):

- tow hook
- 1-leaf commander hatch
- antenna
- new box for wheels
- schurzen
- light
- driver hatch lock
- commander hatch stop
- rain shield above gunner hatch
- some normalmap elements

If someone wants to help - i'll gladly accept it.  Grin
Or maybe someone knows good detailed pz4 H witout flaws from another game.
At first i've tried to use F2 model from SF to convert it to H, but it has too many mistakes.
« Last Edit: July 25, 2011, 12:21:23 PM by Mistwalker » Logged
Kyth
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #11 on: July 25, 2011, 01:20:38 PM »

Elements that left (modeling):

- tow hook
- 1-leaf commander hatch
- antenna
- new box for wheels
- schurzen
- light
- driver hatch lock
- commander hatch stop
- rain shield above gunner hatch
- some normalmap elements

If someone wants to help - i'll gladly accept it.  Grin

If you'll let me take a look at the model, I'll gladly try to add in those details,

"Yes."
frinik
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #12 on: July 25, 2011, 02:44:33 PM »

Wish I had talent in modding would love to get my hands dirty!!!

Cheers!
Mistwalker
Oberst

« Reply #13 on: July 26, 2011, 11:10:37 PM »

If you'll let me take a look at the model, I'll gladly try to add in those details

I can supply you with model (all needed model elements are availabe, we only need to do UV-mapping and some changes in texture), exact description and reference photos like these: http://legion-afv.narod.ru/Pz-IV_Saumur.htmlhttp://legion-afv.narod.ru/PzKpfw_IV_Parola.html.
I also have an e-book about details of Panzer IV modifications, unfortunatelly in Russian:

But you have to be good with 3d-graphics. Are you familiar with it? Smiley  If not - maybe it'll be better to finish the model myself.
« Last Edit: July 26, 2011, 11:12:49 PM by Mistwalker » Logged
Kyth
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #14 on: July 27, 2011, 04:44:42 AM »

If you'll let me take a look at the model, I'll gladly try to add in those details

I can supply you with model (all needed model elements are availabe, we only need to do UV-mapping and some changes in texture), exact description and reference photos like these: http://legion-afv.narod.ru/Pz-IV_Saumur.htmlhttp://legion-afv.narod.ru/PzKpfw_IV_Parola.html.
I also have an e-book about details of Panzer IV modifications, unfortunatelly in Russian:

Any references you have would be most welcome.  Smiley I have some resources too, like the Spielberger volume and the Panzer Tracts profiles for the Panzer IV,

But you have to be good with 3d-graphics. Are you familiar with it? Smiley  If not - maybe it'll be better to finish the model myself.

Heh-heh  Grin I know enough to do extrusions, rotations, scaling etc. and I can follow a 3-view plan without getting lost... is there any special skill you think I would need? I'm currently getting familiar with Blender for 3-D modelling.
All this is voluntary, by the way, so you have nothing to lose, having me on board,

"Yes."
Mistwalker
Oberst

« Reply #15 on: July 27, 2011, 09:02:44 AM »

is there any special skill you think I would need?

I need you to have good UV mapping skill.   Wink

All this is voluntary, by the way, so you have nothing to lose, having me on board

Ok, then let's make something simple for the start. I'll collect my thoughts and PM you later.
Donken
Generalmajor

« Reply #16 on: July 29, 2011, 08:32:20 AM »

maybe i can be of some help?

Mistwalker
Oberst

« Reply #17 on: July 29, 2011, 04:56:35 PM »

Ok, I'll try to PM Kyth tomorrow and then you. Smiley
Donken
Generalmajor

« Reply #18 on: July 29, 2011, 05:21:22 PM »

Ok, I'll try to PM Kyth tomorrow and then you. Smiley

Sounds good =)

Mistwalker
Oberst

« Reply #19 on: September 21, 2011, 12:04:35 AM »

Who wanted Panzer IV? Here's Panzer IV. Not camouflaged yet, but it will be. Big thanks to Donken for the help with modeling.  Smiley

Coming with the next update. This is a mid-production Panzer IV Ausf. H model, so it'll fit in both summer 43 and 44 battles.
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  

Jump to: