Graviteam
May 12, 2024, 06:35:34 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4
  Print  
Author Topic: GTOS December 2013 patch  (Read 33791 times)
andrey12345
Graviteam
Generalfeldmarschall

Jerk developer

« Reply #40 on: December 29, 2013, 09:40:09 AM »

Mius-Front early prototype of the tactical interface
https://twitter.com/graviteam/status/417001959384571904

Please tell me you don't have to click left/right to select different platoons...

Don't understand...
In game for selection used left click. Right click to cancel or send order. So it remains in GTMF.

Пользовательский интерфейс будет неуместен на сегодняшних широкоэкранных экранах, а оригинальные карты неопределенного метра и моделирование чисел с низкими лицами заставляют людей действительно не хотеть играть.
Santini
Oberstleutnant

« Reply #41 on: December 29, 2013, 10:05:41 AM »

andrey12345
Graviteam
Generalfeldmarschall

Jerk developer

« Reply #42 on: December 29, 2013, 10:40:59 AM »

"Sq" on your picture not squad but platoon.

"Sq2" point to squads of selected platoon.
« Last Edit: December 29, 2013, 10:43:07 AM by andrey12345 » Logged

Пользовательский интерфейс будет неуместен на сегодняшних широкоэкранных экранах, а оригинальные карты неопределенного метра и моделирование чисел с низкими лицами заставляют людей действительно не хотеть играть.
Santini
Oberstleutnant

« Reply #43 on: December 29, 2013, 11:09:28 AM »

Yeah, I said platoon, but drew squad for some reason
andrey12345
Graviteam
Generalfeldmarschall

Jerk developer

« Reply #44 on: December 29, 2013, 12:31:12 PM »

Yeah, I said platoon, but drew squad for some reason

So then what is the question about the click left/right consisted?

Santini
Oberstleutnant

« Reply #45 on: December 29, 2013, 12:32:52 PM »

What I am asking:
Shouldn't there be a row of buttons for the different platoons over the row of buttons for the different squads
Dane49
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #46 on: December 29, 2013, 01:50:53 PM »

Scrolling!
That is way too many units per battle when you have to scroll to cycle through them all.
andrey12345
Graviteam
Generalfeldmarschall

Jerk developer

« Reply #47 on: December 29, 2013, 02:03:22 PM »

Scrolling!
That is way too many units per battle when you have to scroll to cycle through them all.
Yes the same way as now in GTOS

Dane49
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #48 on: December 29, 2013, 02:05:39 PM »

What I am asking:
Shouldn't there be a row of buttons for the different platoons over the row of buttons for the different squads

I think this new feature is for when you select a platoon unit the squad icons for that unit open up on the same line.
No more over under-Platoons up and squad under UI view.ss
Dane49
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #49 on: December 29, 2013, 02:07:32 PM »

Scrolling!

I liked the Platoons over the squad look  Undecided
Santini
Oberstleutnant

« Reply #50 on: December 29, 2013, 02:18:42 PM »

Good thing I didn't update, then
andrey12345
Graviteam
Generalfeldmarschall

Jerk developer

« Reply #51 on: December 29, 2013, 02:41:48 PM »

I liked the Platoons over the squad look  Undecided
In new minimalistic concept is little bit ugly. And mini map too  Cheesy

In GTMF theoreticaly you can play with "interface on" in most time.

Old look:

asymmetrical and gets out of the linear form.
« Last Edit: December 29, 2013, 02:46:23 PM by andrey12345 » Logged

Santini
Oberstleutnant

« Reply #52 on: December 29, 2013, 02:50:24 PM »

Looking in the files, I see that the Pz III L, N and flamm have a thickness of 50... ?

Shouldn't it be 70, because of the uparmoring plates?
andrey12345
Graviteam
Generalfeldmarschall

Jerk developer

« Reply #53 on: December 29, 2013, 02:56:13 PM »

Looking in the files, I see that the Pz III L, N and flamm have a thickness of 50... ?
Armor thikness coded in armor maps which compressed and compacted. Do you decompress them and look?  Grin
Please tell me how to do this w/o format description.

Pz III L,N with 70mm armor plates  Huh? seriously  Grin

50+20 in this case absolutely not equal 70
Its not abstract math its an armor plates.

Schuck
Oberstleutnant

« Reply #54 on: December 29, 2013, 06:56:46 PM »

Nice.
Interface looks the same, but different, if you know what i mean.
But can we have an option to enlarge or reduce it in size.
And would it be possible to have two keys, one to enable and one to disable the interface instead of having to toggle it?
Thanks.
Santini
Oberstleutnant

« Reply #55 on: December 29, 2013, 07:03:19 PM »

Armor thikness coded in armor maps which compressed and compacted. Do you decompress them and look?  Grin
Please tell me how to do this w/o format description.

Pz III L,N with 70mm armor plates  Huh? seriously  Grin

50+20 in this case absolutely not equal 70
Its not abstract math its an armor plates.

So, is the thickness of the reinforcement calculated seperately of the thickness of the underlying plate?
Flashburn
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #56 on: December 29, 2013, 07:56:28 PM »

To last.  To actually look at the armor of a vehicle you need to look at the armor map.  Which apart from making a vehicle from scratch I do not think you can do that.  I do not remember.  LOL.  But I have made vehicles from square 1 for sabow.  The config entry represents the MAX armor of the plate or face in question.  A pz3 has addon on armor so its calculated this way.  The max armor is set to 50mm.  This tells the armor map that 100 percent white equals 50mm.  The tank and its model have the main turret and then spaced or added on armor.  So the turret face equals 50mm.  The added on plate equals 20mm.  Each one gets a penetration check and all that.   

If you looked at the armor map which is just a grey scale texture you would see white would be 100 percent and equal 50mm.  The back would be really dark grey and so forth.  So if you changed that 50mm entry to 70 or something now the rear of the tanks armor would end up equaling 40 mm of armor and the plates would now be equal to 28mm or something silly. 

Yabba dabba do
Lerch
Oberleutnant

« Reply #57 on: December 30, 2013, 01:26:46 AM »

Just curious, but does anyone use the IR vision tool thing in GTOS?  I must confess I have never used or more importantly...ever bothered to look for whatever Key does it. 

Absolutely.  It is one of the best features in the game.  The camera can get closer to the ground than with the normal binoculars.  I even like the realistic option on.  I feel like I'm swimming around underwater.  Super immersion effect, claustrophobic. 

I play entire 3 hrs games sometimes with it on.  I have a paper print out of the map, mini-map off, using only the flag icons for references.  If we had a compass instead of the mini-map, then I would turn off the flag icons.

There is no hot key, unfortunately, for the IR.  I prefer to play with the UI also off, but lack of a hot key is an issue.

The effects are amazing: barrels glow hot, the impacts on tanks glow, tracks and engines heat up and cool down, and dead bodies slowly cool off.  It gives the game an strange, horror movie effect. 

Dane49
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #58 on: December 30, 2013, 01:31:31 AM »

I thought about using it for the modern DLCs but didn't think it was appropriate for the WW2 ones.
Lerch
Oberleutnant

« Reply #59 on: December 30, 2013, 02:08:51 AM »

I thought about using it for the modern DLCs but didn't think it was appropriate for the WW2 ones.

I hope Graviteam never gets rid of it.

for me it adds to the immersion of the game.  The zoom level is not as high as the normal binoculars, but it is about right, and it is easier to spot units, so I don't use the unit icons.

It is also not very appropriate to have the map show unit locations in WW2.  Did they have GPS systems installed on everything?  I can understand when the unit icons are turned on, but when turned off, the map should be blank.  I have resorted to making a paper map.

Yes, I even laminated it.

I suggest anyone play a 3 hour game using a paper map in the IR view with the UI mostly turned off!  Also, keep the camera as close to the ground as possible for the entire game.  That really is what I like.  Flag icons help, but we really need a compass, though.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4
  Print  

Jump to: