Graviteam
May 04, 2024, 07:13:43 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Kyth Mission request  (Read 6175 times)
whukid
Generalfeldmarschall

« on: March 23, 2012, 03:12:56 AM »

Dear Kyth, I've literally played every mission you have to offer until my fatigued computer refuses to load them. Can you work your magic for a Panzer III or Panzer IV Campaign based around the Kursk offensive? I found on youtube and now I'm hooked Sad

Kyth
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #1 on: March 23, 2012, 03:17:37 AM »

Dear Kyth, I've literally played every mission you have to offer until my fatigued computer refuses to load them. Can you work your magic for a Panzer III or Panzer IV Campaign based around the Kursk offensive? I found on youtube and now I'm hooked Sad

I'll give it some thought, once I've finished the current campaign.

By the way, I think Rends is already working on 'Operation Kutuzov' missions, part of the Kursk campaign,

"What am I, chopped liver..?"

"Yes."
whukid
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #2 on: March 23, 2012, 10:49:40 AM »

I'll give it some thought, once I've finished the current campaign.

By the way, I think Rends is already working on 'Operation Kutuzov' missions, part of the Kursk campaign,

He is? Hmm. This, I did not know..

Mistwalker
Oberst

« Reply #3 on: March 23, 2012, 03:38:40 PM »

Only no more shooting galleries please! I want more tactics both for enemies and allies.  Tongue
Kyth
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #4 on: March 23, 2012, 03:45:26 PM »

Only no more shooting galleries please! I want more tactics both for enemies and allies.  Tongue

Cheesy My shooting galleries are really deadly because the targets shoot back.

Mission 5 will be all about tactics, don't worry,  Grin

"Yes."
Mistwalker
Oberst

« Reply #5 on: March 23, 2012, 04:01:42 PM »

My shooting galleries are really deadly because the targets shoot back.

They just too often reveal their sides in my opinion.  Tongue And it's the matter of scripting, not AI. Is it possible to make the script when enemy retreats and tries to attack from another direction, when the specified % of casualities reached? Or at least when enemy changes the direction of the attack towards the player, when he finds out about the ambush?
Kyth
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #6 on: March 23, 2012, 04:14:01 PM »

They just too often reveal their sides in my opinion.  Tongue And it's the matter of scripting, not AI. Is it possible to make the script when enemy retreats and tries to attack from another direction, when the specified % of casualities reached? Or at least when enemy changes the direction of the attack towards the player, when he finds out about the ambush?

Sure, I've got several missions that feature some sharp reactions, like changing their direction, charging the ambushers, trying to flank the shooters, etc. They give quite a tough fight.
I hope you've tried Panzer 38(t) Mission 4?

"Yes."
Mistwalker
Oberst

« Reply #7 on: March 23, 2012, 04:16:07 PM »

I hope you've tried Panzer 38(t) Mission 4?

Not yet, I've played only Panzer III campaign. I'll check 38(t) then.
Kyth
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #8 on: March 23, 2012, 04:20:53 PM »

As I remember, Panzer III Mission 1 was intended as a bit of a 'Gentle Introduction'  Smiley
Things got tougher after that,

"Yes."
Mistwalker
Oberst

« Reply #9 on: March 23, 2012, 04:27:51 PM »

As I remember, Panzer III Mission 1 was intended as a bit of a 'Gentle Introduction'  Smiley
Things got tougher after that,

No I'm not talking about toughness, there were situations when you had to attack a big defending enemy force with only a few tanks, or shooting at the side of the enemy, who just kept charging towards the goal instead of turning and trying to deal with the dangerous situation. Didn't seem too realistic in the terms of concept. I hope that changed in 38(t) campaign. 
Kyth
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #10 on: March 23, 2012, 04:42:51 PM »

[
No I'm not talking about toughness, there were situations when you had to attack a big defending enemy force with only a few tanks, or shooting at the side of the enemy, who just kept charging towards the goal instead of turning and trying to deal with the dangerous situation. Didn't seem too realistic in the terms of concept. I hope that changed in 38(t) campaign. 

There's more randomness and smart moves now.
I'm glad to get some responses about the missions' design - always ready to improve!

"Yes."
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: