Graviteam
May 04, 2024, 05:29:35 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  
Author Topic: Modding question  (Read 10859 times)
frinik
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #20 on: March 31, 2014, 06:14:09 AM »

The T-70 was the mainstay Soviet tank until 1943 so it would not be improbable for a T-70 to face A or D models Panthers.
Kyth
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #21 on: March 31, 2014, 09:04:06 AM »

Well had to try first Stug/fridericus mission as a marder II. Absolutely ate the tanks. then swarmed repeatedly by infantry. Tried the match several times. Each time the infantry either swarmed the village or swarmed me. with 10 rounds of HE and no mg I had a hard time holding that village. The infantry holding the village in the first place got overrun each time.

You did as well as expected. The Marder is / was an atrocious choice as an anti-infantry or assault vehicle. There's a reason they were called 'tank destroyers'...

Picking off enemy vehicles at long range while under cover, thats how they were historically used.

"What am I, chopped liver..?"

"Yes."
frinik
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #22 on: March 31, 2014, 10:49:42 AM »

Picking off enemy vehicles at long range while under cover, thats how they were historically used.

Absolutely! They were PaK on wheels meant to provide mobile AT cover or even used as mobile artillery .
Tsohg76
Hauptmann

« Reply #23 on: April 01, 2014, 04:52:17 AM »

That mission has much better results if I avoid the village all together. I hit the hill across the valley from the village and used my range. I would eat the tanks easily and very efficiently. But once again the infantry spam would win in the end. No good counter. But was a fun experiment. As far as the T-70 fight I really was not expecting that level of fight. Too bad there wasn't a random mission Generator similar to IL-2s.
frinik
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #24 on: April 01, 2014, 06:24:01 AM »

Too bad there wasn't a random mission Generator similar to IL-2s.

Yeah it's my beef too! 3 years ago or so a guy posted that he was working on such a mission or battle generator for SF and was near breakthrough.He made 2 or 3 posts on the SubSim forum and was never heard of again..... Roll Eyes like flight MH370....
Kyth
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #25 on: April 01, 2014, 11:18:49 AM »

Too bad there wasn't a random mission Generator similar to IL-2s.

Yeah it's my beef too! 3 years ago or so a guy posted that he was working on such a mission or battle generator for SF and was near breakthrough.He made 2 or 3 posts on the SubSim forum and was never heard of again..... Roll Eyes like flight MH370....

I've put some thought into this matter...

I think it is possible to auto-generate a battle from scratch, with waypoints, deployment zones, scripts etc. The key problem is to do one that makes sense tactically. That is, you might find an autogenerated path ending up in a lake, or an autogenerated objective area in a swamp Smiley

Probably need to set up 'template missions' for each map, to make use of the ground sensibly. Other considerations like units, force balance can be generated from tables.

Now, if you'll excuse me, I'll have to disappear now.  Cheesy

"What am I, chopped liver..?"

"Yes."
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  

Jump to: