Graviteam
May 04, 2024, 04:43:50 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Sound mod for SPM 1.5 ?  (Read 4832 times)
Txema
Generalmajor

« on: August 18, 2011, 06:50:37 PM »

Which sound mod do you recommend to play with SPM 1.5 (with NTA) ?

Thanks for your help !!

Txema
smithcorp
Oberleutnant

« Reply #1 on: August 19, 2011, 03:14:30 AM »

I'm wondering this too. Just starting to get the sim set up with the required mods and wondering which of the three sound mods people recommend.
Kyth
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #2 on: August 19, 2011, 06:00:17 AM »

It seems to me that SPM 1.5 already incorporated some new sounds in the mod?  Huh?

If anything, I'd recommend the MG34 sounds that came with my MG34 mod  Wink Still available at all reputable outlets!

Here's one:
http://graviteam.com/forum/index.php?topic=874.0
« Last Edit: August 19, 2011, 06:03:04 AM by Kyth » Logged

"What am I, chopped liver..?"

"Yes."
Txema
Generalmajor

« Reply #3 on: August 21, 2011, 03:40:58 PM »

Thank you very much for your answer !

Your MG34 sound is very good. The problem is that it is quite loud and since Steel Fury does not attenuate the sounds properly with distance, when other German tanks fire their MG close to  you (and not so close) it sounds as if it is your own tank the one that is firing... This sound problem breaks immersion a bit for me and it is a pitty because the rest of the simulation is very inmersive... it is just the sound attenuation with distance not working properly...

Txema
Kyth
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #4 on: August 22, 2011, 05:16:33 AM »

The Sound Mods don't change the game's handling of sound fx, they just swap the sound files,

I understand there's the same problem with the birds chirping  Smiley

"What am I, chopped liver..?"

"Yes."
Donken
Generalmajor

« Reply #5 on: August 22, 2011, 06:41:44 AM »

Thank you very much for your answer !

Your MG34 sound is very good. The problem is that it is quite loud and since Steel Fury does not attenuate the sounds properly with distance, when other German tanks fire their MG close to  you (and not so close) it sounds as if it is your own tank the one that is firing... This sound problem breaks immersion a bit for me and it is a pitty because the rest of the simulation is very inmersive... it is just the sound attenuation with distance not working properly...

Txema

+1 to that, i also feel it breakes the game a little. Under some situations i have no idea who is shooting at what and where. Sometimes i dont even know if iam hit or my platoon tanks Cheesy if its not hardcoded probably someone with a little experiance can fix that. What kind of "soundengine" (or whatever its called like Openal) is this game using?

The real heroes are those that never came back.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: