Graviteam
May 02, 2024, 05:59:48 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: RKG-3 anyone?  (Read 6146 times)
Flashburn
Generalfeldmarschall

« on: December 23, 2011, 09:17:56 AM »

Infantry really needs a few more anti tank weapons.  I'm thinking RKG-3 for warsaw pact supplied army's and a rifle fired grenade like the energa for western supplied.

Currently you waste the guy with the RPG and then go around running over the rest of the squad.  Seems silly.

Yabba dabba do
andrey12345
Graviteam
Generalfeldmarschall

Jerk developer

« Reply #1 on: December 23, 2011, 03:36:46 PM »

Infantry really needs a few more anti tank weapons.  I'm thinking RKG-3 for warsaw pact supplied army's and a rifle fired grenade like the energa for western supplied.

It is not the antitank weapons, it's a "last chance" weapon. Even during WWII AT grenades there more to calm the infantry. In the 80s it's effectiveness around zero.

Currently you waste the guy with the RPG and then go around running over the rest of the squad.  Seems silly.
Around the state is no more expected. Effective AT weapoons are: SPG-9, BO-10/BO-11, M40, Milan and other ATGMs, not a grenades.

Пользовательский интерфейс будет неуместен на сегодняшних широкоэкранных экранах, а оригинальные карты неопределенного метра и моделирование чисел с низкими лицами заставляют людей действительно не хотеть играть.
Flanker15
Generalmajor

« Reply #2 on: December 23, 2011, 06:59:01 PM »

They're crappy that's for sure but they're better than nothing, I wouldn't drive into enemy trenches in Steel Fury because the frag grenades would break the gun sight and the AT grenades would sometimes take out something important.
Flashburn
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #3 on: December 23, 2011, 08:37:55 PM »

Oh I totally agree that any anti-armor hand grenade is questionable at best. It most certainly is a last ditch weapon in any conventional war.  Its one of those weapons that you really dont know its effect as the guy that threw it got killed a few seconds later.  I guess my point here is that if you know the infantry your facing does not have anything that can hurt you can go full retard and drive right up on to them.

I get that your recoiless rifles and such are at the company (and above) level.  But at the squad level there is a big hole.  I know iraq used the rkg3 and south africa had their version of the energa rifle fired grenade.  Im sure Iran used some sort of rifle grenade on their fals.

Yabba dabba do
Flashburn
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #4 on: December 23, 2011, 08:59:39 PM »

Around the state is no more expected. Effective AT weapoons are: SPG-9, BO-10/BO-11, M40, Milan and other ATGMs, not a grenades.
[/quote]

A bit confussed about what your saying here.  Im guessing that your refering to the fact that once the anti tank weapon is destroyed you've done your duty to the state and its ok to surrender now?  This assumes your enemy will take your surrender and/or not hack your head off. 

Speaking of which, I have not seen anyone surrender yet in Blaze of War.  Maybe I'm just gunning them down before they get the chance?  Well that makes me feel crappy if that is the case. 

Yabba dabba do
andrey12345
Graviteam
Generalfeldmarschall

Jerk developer

« Reply #5 on: December 23, 2011, 10:49:53 PM »

A bit confussed about what your saying here. 
Sorry Smiley

Squad statement - 1 squad has 1 RPG.
In unita squads and any semi-militiants (with floating state) up to 3 RPGs per squad.

Пользовательский интерфейс будет неуместен на сегодняшних широкоэкранных экранах, а оригинальные карты неопределенного метра и моделирование чисел с низкими лицами заставляют людей действительно не хотеть играть.
Flashburn
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #6 on: December 23, 2011, 11:06:29 PM »

Sorry about kind of spamming the forum with random questions.  This sim has gotten me to stop playing DCS blackshark and operation star.  I'm just happy someone desided to do something with 60's thru early 80's tech. In my opinion much more interesting than modern stuff that does everything but make your coffee. Wait I beleave some British stuff can do that too (well tea). 

Yabba dabba do
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: