Graviteam
May 04, 2024, 04:48:00 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Getting alot of crashes  (Read 7710 times)
Flashburn
Generalfeldmarschall

« on: December 21, 2011, 10:37:52 AM »

Running windows 7 64bit, getting quite a few crash to desktops.  Seems to do it more with the m60 than with the t62.  Anyone else having this issue?

Yabba dabba do
wolk
Oberleutnant

« Reply #1 on: December 21, 2011, 11:11:43 AM »

Yes, I've abandoned hope for play without crashes, so I've put away this game for now. I'm also on Win 7 x64.

Is the game saving some files with crash informations, so we can share it here?
andrey12345
Graviteam
Generalfeldmarschall

Jerk developer

« Reply #2 on: December 21, 2011, 12:18:17 PM »

Yes, I've abandoned hope for play without crashes, so I've put away this game for now. I'm also on Win 7 x64.

Is the game saving some files with crash informations, so we can share it here?

This is a bug that occurs when sit from one place to another in the tank. While the reasons were not able to find out. Unfortunately the logs do not help, otherwise it would have already been eliminated.
A general directory "out\" in the root of the game - there are logs.

Пользовательский интерфейс будет неуместен на сегодняшних широкоэкранных экранах, а оригинальные карты неопределенного метра и моделирование чисел с низкими лицами заставляют людей действительно не хотеть играть.
Flashburn
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #3 on: December 22, 2011, 01:19:19 AM »

Well still having fun with it despite random crashes.  Staying away from the m60, cant seem to get more than 5 minutes.  Oh and the darn windows key is instant crash to desktop.  Anyway to disable it?  Keep hitting it by mistake.

Yabba dabba do
Thomasew
Major

« Reply #4 on: December 22, 2011, 04:37:12 PM »

Also getting crashes when using the M-60.  Huh?

Seems to be when switching stations.  Huh?

Running Windows 7 - 32 bit.

Oh, one other thing I noticed when playing the M-60, is that I get some really nasty sound pops and cracks. It's actually quite bad. Have to turn the sound down, or I'm sure my speakers will blow.

Using a Sound Blaster X-Fi. The ELite Pro PCi version.

Cheers
Tom
« Last Edit: December 22, 2011, 06:10:30 PM by Thomasew » Logged

He Who Will Not Risk Cannot Win
Flashburn
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #5 on: December 23, 2011, 09:20:25 AM »

This might be just my perception but when I do not use the mini map I seem to get alot fewer crashes.  Might take a few hours vs a few minutes. 

Yabba dabba do
TANKACE
Hauptmann

« Reply #6 on: December 23, 2011, 12:51:46 PM »

i hope we get a patch for this  Undecided
andrey12345
Graviteam
Generalfeldmarschall

Jerk developer

« Reply #7 on: December 23, 2011, 03:40:01 PM »

Oh, one other thing I noticed when playing the M-60, is that I get some really nasty sound pops and cracks. It's actually quite bad. Have to turn the sound down, or I'm sure my speakers will blow.

Is the setting 3.01 enabled or disabled?
At what moment does sounds pop and cracks (you something switch or do anything) can be identified?

Пользовательский интерфейс будет неуместен на сегодняшних широкоэкранных экранах, а оригинальные карты неопределенного метра и моделирование чисел с низкими лицами заставляют людей действительно не хотеть играть.
andrey12345
Graviteam
Generalfeldmarschall

Jerk developer

« Reply #8 on: December 23, 2011, 03:40:10 PM »

i hope we get a patch for this  Undecided
Yes

Thomasew
Major

« Reply #9 on: December 24, 2011, 09:53:47 AM »

Is the setting 3.01 enabled or disabled?
At what moment does sounds pop and cracks (you something switch or do anything) can be identified?

Hi Andrey,

Setting 3.01 is Enabled. I have also tried it Disabled, but, still get the pops and cracks.  Sad

The pops and cracks seem to be random, and don't seem related to anything I'm doing etc.

I have been playing with the settings on my sound card e.g. disabling CMSS-3D and the Crystalizer etc., which seem to help with the problem. i.e. less frequent and less harsh, but, I can't seem to get rid of it completely.  Sad

I did think that perhaps the sound 'issues' were a possible cause of some of the crashes, but after some testing I did yesterday and today, I'm sure I found the cause of my crashes. I made a seperate post for that.

Anyway, as I said, the popping and cracking is much less severe, so, I'll live with it for now.  Smiley

Thanks

Cheers
Tom

He Who Will Not Risk Cannot Win
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: