Graviteam
May 04, 2024, 02:35:23 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Optics at night  (Read 5252 times)
Tac Error
Oberstleutnant

« on: December 23, 2011, 09:34:21 PM »

This happens for the M60A1 so I'm not sure for the T-62. As you can see in the first screen you can see fairly well with the naked eye, but when you use any optic apart from the infrared sights, you cannot see anything at all. Is this a bug or intentional?

Flashburn
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #1 on: December 23, 2011, 10:13:12 PM »

Yes that is annoying.  Also flares dont show up when in optics view.  I don't claim to be any kind of expert on active near infrared search lights and filters but shouldnt you be able to pick up light in the human visable light spectrum when using an active IR system? 

Yabba dabba do
andrey12345
Graviteam
Generalfeldmarschall

Jerk developer

« Reply #2 on: December 23, 2011, 11:15:03 PM »

So it must be at night like in this video

In this case you do not have to be broken sight or IR projector

In normal optical sight with a large zoom (like tank-sight) can be seen at night much worse than the human eye, as the passage of light thought optical system, light is dissipated.

Пользовательский интерфейс будет неуместен на сегодняшних широкоэкранных экранах, а оригинальные карты неопределенного метра и моделирование чисел с низкими лицами заставляют людей действительно не хотеть играть.
Panzerfaust
Generalmajor

« Reply #3 on: December 23, 2011, 11:46:01 PM »

I think andrey12345 is correct. Try this effect out at night if you have a pair of binoculars or a telescope at home and see how much more ambient light your naked eye can take in compared to looking through one of those devices.
Flashburn
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #4 on: December 24, 2011, 04:16:03 AM »

Yes it is a good point.  You cant have a large light gathering bell when it would just get damaged/destroyed on an armored vic.  Another reason im loving this sim  Grin.  So spoiled by the US Army.  At least every combat guy/armored thing has at least light amplification.

Just had a thought.  When using vision blocks it is way way too dark at night.  This I do know as a fact.  Now if your using white light in the fighting compartment this will wash out the commanders vision blocks a bit.  BUT why would you be using white light?  I have no idea what a t62 used for the fighting compartment but an m60 should be using the white/greenish light dohicky.  Unless your some moron 3rd world guy you would never pop a hatch at night with white light in your fighting compartment.  Can you say target?

« Last Edit: December 24, 2011, 04:43:51 AM by Flashburn » Logged

Yabba dabba do
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: