Graviteam
May 11, 2024, 05:36:50 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: SF quizz  (Read 10183 times)
frinik
Generalfeldmarschall

« on: April 19, 2011, 02:50:12 AM »

Hey guys would you mind answering a little quizz a la Kyth?

-How do you play the game?Third person or buttoned up mostly?

-What is your favourite or usual default position? Gunner, commander, driver?

_Do you let the AI do the shooting or do you do it yourself?

-What's your favourite tank the one you play that is?German side, Soviet side?

-Do you use the target markers when you play( the little orange triangle )

-what enhancement mods do you activate for sound, visual effects , fix etc?

-Do you use any of the arcade features like more shell power, automatic repairs, automatic driving, track repair etc?

- what resolution do you play your game?

-what kind of missions do you like most, night missions? with artillery barrage? with infantry and apcs, tank battles, defence type , offence type?

-what turns you on most about SF?

-what do you like the least about it?
Kyth
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #1 on: April 19, 2011, 03:18:45 AM »

Sure thing, glad to oblige,

A combination of both!

Gunner

-Do you let the AI do the shooting or do you do it yourself?
I like to do all the shooting

Panzer III

I leave it on, but I ignore it part of the time

I use my Markings Mod; the standard markings do not look anything like the authentic German tank numbers.
Sk251/10 fix, I think it was screwed up all the way back with SPM 1.4.
MG34 Fix, better sounds for the gun.

-Do you use any of the arcade features like more shell power, automatic repairs, automatic driving, track repair etc?
Auto-track repair

1280 x 1024  Smiley My monitor's native resolution.

-what kind of missions do you like most, night missions? with artillery barrage? with infantry and apcs, tank battles, defence type , offence type?
Tank battles, what is normally termed as 'Meeting engagements'

Great graphics,
Reasonably convincing depiction of WW2 tank warfare,
The Russian Front.

Lack of a 'record' feature, unable to replay my best missions.
Lack of 'platoon management' in the style of Panzer Elite.
The gun-damage problem.

"What am I, chopped liver..?"

"Yes."
frinik
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #2 on: April 19, 2011, 05:00:55 AM »

Thanks Kyth for the answers! Play-wise we have the same type of game outlook.Only the favourite tanks differ for the rest we have the same likes and dislikes about SF!!Eerie Shocked
whukid
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #3 on: April 19, 2011, 02:08:39 PM »

Hey guys would you mind answering a little quizz a la Kyth?

1st person unless I'm going for a cool screenshot

commander

_Do you let the AI do the shooting or do you do it yourself?

Always myself

Ferdinand/Tiger and the T-34/85/SU-85 Smiley

No, I always disable them for realism

frontline sound effects, gunsight damage fix, unofficial mod, compass fix, Kyth's number mod

Nope

1024 x 768 x 75

I like playing Defense with tank destroyers best (heavily outnumbered Smiley ), however I'm up for any and every mission Kyth can make

THE TANKS!

The frantic calls about being hit from the crew get on my nerves after awhile. especially when the calls are five minutes AFTER we got hit or AFTER one of the crew ate the shell.
Also, the lack of a Gyroscope option makes shooting while moving a pain. Even if they didnt come in until the second half of the war, they should still be an option in my opinon Smiley

« Last Edit: April 19, 2011, 02:18:22 PM by whukid » Logged

frinik
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #4 on: April 19, 2011, 03:17:07 PM »

Thank you Whukid and Kyth for taking the time to answer!.Whukid somehow my ESP abilities had indicated to me your strong bond of affection for Panzer zerstoerer and Sturmkanone Grin
whukid
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #5 on: April 19, 2011, 04:50:33 PM »

Yea, I like them better because they require a bit more skill to operate in my opinion; you need to align the vehicle with the target, which is risky since the sides are never sloped or heavily armored. The plus side is, they usually have more frontal armor which makes for more of an error margin when facing an opponent. And they usually have a bigger gun than most tanks of the time Grin

frinik
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #6 on: April 22, 2011, 02:04:47 AM »

Well, the part of the bigger gunthan the tanks of time I have to disagree because basically SPGs tended to follow the prevailing tends in tanks.Like the Sugt III did not get upgraded to the long 75 mmL43 gun until the Panzer IV had been upgraded to the F2 model.Likewise the G model with the L48 did not appare until after the Panzer IV G/H series came on the battlefield.Likewise with the Jagdpanzer IV L70 which apparaered well after the Panther and the Jagdpanther after the Tiger II.The only exception was the Elefant which appeared in mid 1943 before the Tiger II which carried the same gun but the Elefant was produced in very small quantity and was by all standards less than a success.

Hey Hemi, POW, John, Lockie anybody willing to have their say about the quizz?Huh? ???To those who answer mine I promise a life -exemption on having to answer any of Kyth's quizzes about which is his best mission? Grin
lockie
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #7 on: April 22, 2011, 08:38:50 AM »

Too many questions  Cheesy

Provocative signature removed
POW
Major

« Reply #8 on: April 22, 2011, 08:53:02 AM »

Too many questions  Cheesy

TRUE

The orange markers are useless. Sometimes the marked target is a lonely soldier while a heavy tank is aiming at you (not very smart)

Steel Fury is the IL-2 Sturmovik of the tank simulators. As great as it can be.
« Last Edit: April 22, 2011, 09:57:38 AM by POW » Logged
frinik
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #9 on: April 22, 2011, 10:36:19 AM »

Too many questions? It's a quizz to see how people play the game and what thye like about it and dislike?

This might also give clues and hints to the dev of Graviteam's future tank sims since they read the forum from time to time....

I think a little of your time might pay off with dividents for the future Wink
lockie
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #10 on: April 22, 2011, 10:57:41 AM »

This might also give clues and hints to the dev of Graviteam's future tank sims since they read the forum from time to time....
Yep, we've already (and developers also) seen a next sim "Fall Blau" Grin

frinik
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #11 on: April 22, 2011, 11:22:13 AM »

Fall Blau is dead and in the hands of Discus.I am talking about Steel Fury 's successor; the battle for Kharkov in August 1943.May be later thbis year or more likely in early 2012 Wink
lockie
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #12 on: April 22, 2011, 12:59:24 PM »

the battle for Kharkov in August 1943.
Du u have some info or links?

frinik
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #13 on: April 22, 2011, 01:36:00 PM »

No just a couple of interviews of the CEO of Graviteam Validimir Zelevnyi in whihc he is quizzed about the successor to Steel Fury and he mekaes mention of new WWII tank simulator to come after Steel Armor Blaze of War and which will be about the battle of Kharkov in August 1943 and built on the game engine of Kharkov Front Roads/Achtung Panzer and which may come later in 2011 .I personally think early 2012 is more likely but he said at the time that they are already working on it( that he said to me on this forum may be five months ago).
lockie
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #14 on: April 22, 2011, 01:43:24 PM »

It sounds good! Cause I'm not inspired on the battles in Angola, Iraq, Afghanistan and neither on strategy.

frinik
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #15 on: April 22, 2011, 02:12:27 PM »

Me neither to ntell you the truth! I still have T72 Balkans on Fire/Steel Warrior an earlier sim made by Graviteam 5 years ago and I was not terribly motivated by the small skirmishes between Serbs and Croats.Still Steel Armour looks very good and I'll buy it to complement Steel Beasts and to encourage Graviteam.Who knows the ME might be user friendly as well and our Russsian modders friends over at Sukhoi.ru are already salivating at the prospects of modding that sim.More tanks, vehicles, maps and the possibility of playing Cold War tanks.

There are plenty of talented programmers and companies in Russia and the Ukraine making damned good rts , fps and sims.If only they could pool their talent they'd make extraordinary sims Roll Eyes
POW
Major

« Reply #16 on: April 22, 2011, 02:32:27 PM »

There is a WW2 tank sim from the same developers that did T-72.

Not as good as Steel Fury. It's an arcade sim in the same kind than Panzer Elite Action

http://www.city-interactive.com/index.php?title=gamepage&m=24

Arcade feel and scripted missions... not as great as steel fury... but funny for the bored nights
frinik
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #17 on: April 22, 2011, 04:26:25 PM »

Oh you are talking about Tank Combat from Crazy House , a Polish company?Yeah my children used to play that a couple of year ago.Gave it up because it was too cartoonish..The tanks are not even in proper size.Even Panzer Elite Action is better than that!
POW
Major

« Reply #18 on: April 22, 2011, 06:29:37 PM »

My kid loves Panzer Elite Action. Steel Fury is too hard for him!! (but i'm trying to teach him to play SF in easy mode)
frinik
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #19 on: April 23, 2011, 01:40:07 AM »

This is great another future Steel Fury fan!.He'll grow up loving sims and bringing his laptopto the office to satisfy his vice during lunch breaks Wink

My sons find SF too hard but they play Soldiers Heroes of WWII, and Men of War and Code name Panzers like pros!!!!!Amazing how fast children master pcs and games nowadays!!!!!Altrhough truth be known, Mario and Sonic are still their favourite heroes and I think it's healthier for them at their age....

Still good idea to teach your kids SF; tanks are such fascinating beasts.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: