Graviteam
May 12, 2024, 08:40:11 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  
Author Topic: kyth mission question  (Read 11045 times)
hemisent
Oberst

« on: April 22, 2011, 06:54:58 PM »

Just tried to start "Over the river and through the woods" # 4 or 5 I think. It starts to load then kicks me out. A window with this message pops up. Happened 3 times in a row

Exception core:
001: Error initialization program.

I've played this before with no problems. Is the mission somehow corrupted?
POW
Major

« Reply #1 on: April 22, 2011, 07:54:57 PM »

Have you installed something? Maybe you have installed something that is messing with the data of a tank
hemisent
Oberst

« Reply #2 on: April 22, 2011, 08:57:10 PM »

Actually, I did install/enable the compass mod. I disabled it but the mission is still screwed up. I think I'll disable the mission and re install it to see what happens.
Kyth
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #3 on: April 23, 2011, 12:02:16 AM »

Huh?

The compass mod should only contain the new graphics file for the menu interface.

If the problem persists, could you list down your mods and their order of activation? As mentioned, maybe something's not compatible,

"What am I, chopped liver..?"

"Yes."
POW
Major

« Reply #4 on: April 23, 2011, 12:24:31 AM »

I have just played the mission without problems. I think that something must be messing with your data. Maybe you installed a mod with outdated cfg files.

Unzip this file to your Steel Fury folder (overwrite the old files):

http://www.mediafire.com/?3f21x19exvtlreb

It does have an updated version of all the cfg files with data (matlib.engcfg, common_res.engcfg and common_units.engcfg). Probably the mission will work again.
frinik
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #5 on: April 23, 2011, 01:50:45 AM »

And check the line in the user_camp folder to make sure it's there. Also somzetimes trying to disnebale and then re-enable a mission in case the last  mod you enable overwrites the mission. I

I remember having a problem with Kyth's mission number 4. I wrote to Kyth about it because everything was there , the line, the text, the mission enabled etc except that instead of getting the title of the misisdon in my menu I would get the kyth_04_text_ mission something.I knew something was not right.Had to re-install it twice and finally it worked?Huh??

Kyth what are your plans for future missions? A panzer IV campaign? BTW I have set up 2 Kyth campaigns in one of my pcs; one with all your missions with the Panzer III and the another series with tanks upgraded on both sides and featuring the Panzer IV Smiley
Kyth
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #6 on: April 23, 2011, 02:00:22 AM »

Kyth what are your plans for future missions? A panzer IV campaign? BTW I have set up 2 Kyth campaigns in one of my pcs; one with all your missions with the Panzer III and the another series with tanks upgraded on both sides and featuring the Panzer IV

Have to compile this set as a sequential Campaign first.

Then, maybe update my Markings Mod. Have you tried it yet?

"Yes."
frinik
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #7 on: April 23, 2011, 04:23:01 AM »

No to tell you the truth Kyth I haven´t simply because markings on tanks are really not that importan to me.I ´d rather have camos on the tanks.I am tired of the steel grey on the Panzer III and IV and the Sov tanks too are too plain.Do you think you could work on that????I ma goin gto try and see of the camos on the Tigers and or Panthers could not be extended to all German tanks.I think camo was essential especially after mid 1943.
Kyth
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #8 on: April 23, 2011, 09:05:32 AM »

Well, like it or not, Panzer Grey and Soviet Green were the typical colours of the early period.
My markings should help to relieve the monotony  Smiley

"Yes."
frinik
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #9 on: April 23, 2011, 09:36:49 AM »

What I don't understand is that they put camo on the TIger I and II, the Panther and the skfz 205/251and the Stug G but they left the others untouched????May be for those wanting to do early war missions?
Kyth
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #10 on: April 23, 2011, 10:30:35 AM »

The camo colours would be more appropriate for late-war (mid-1943 onwards) tanks and variants: the Panzer III ausf. L - N, and Panzer IV ausf G - J.

Yes, anything before that period, you have to deal with the Panzer Grey  Smiley It's not that bad, surely.

"Yes."
hemisent
Oberst

« Reply #11 on: April 23, 2011, 03:00:35 PM »

Thanks guys
 Frinik I think what happened to you sort of got me too...I don't know why but I uninstalled the mission and the text line in the user_camp file and re installed it. Played perfectly...at least until I got killed yet again LOL!

I didn't think the compass mod would have anything to do with it, I suppose just coincidence.

Can anyone give me an idea which missions contain the Tiger I. Or if there are any download missions I can pick up.
Kyth
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #12 on: April 23, 2011, 03:29:15 PM »

Don't give up!   Shocked

Stick with the Panzer III and you will appreciate the Tiger even more!

"Yes."
hemisent
Oberst

« Reply #13 on: April 23, 2011, 03:55:42 PM »

HAH! Give up...no way, this game has me hooked. Sort of like SH3 did a quite few years ago, played it religiously for longer than I care to think about.
 I like the Panzer III, quick, very mobile I just would like to try a Tiger I. I tried the mission with the King Tiger but that thing is a huge lumbering barge.

H
Kyth
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #14 on: April 23, 2011, 04:08:01 PM »

Smiley

Okay, there's a set of Tiger I missions in SPM 1.5, it's simply labelled 'PzVI ausf H Tiger'.

"Yes."
frinik
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #15 on: April 23, 2011, 05:06:57 PM »

Hemi, once oyu're no longer anoob and able to handle yourself under fire without losing your compass Grin and getting killed I will email you some of my combat missions that I made for the Tiger I. Nothing sophisticated as what Kyth does but when it comes to grit, smoke , fire, shots, adrenaline and sheer grimness I can make my mark! Let's call Kyth Vivaldi and me Guns and Roses(only foir mass burials though....)
hemisent
Oberst

« Reply #16 on: April 23, 2011, 05:23:02 PM »

Hey Frinik

Thanks for the offer. It'll be awhile but I look forward to trying them. Right now my survivability rate is gradually increasing but I'm running into "Mission Failed" situations where I'm alive but the mission just ends. No reason given. I just enabled the Winter Mod and am playing Kyth's mission 1 again. The snow gives it a whole new perspective...very cool!

H
frinik
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #17 on: April 23, 2011, 05:27:20 PM »

Hemi try the Autumn and late Autumn mods they are very atmospheric!

The mission ususally fails because either your side are too depleted of resources to possibly win the mission or you failed to achieve one of the objetives set in the mission script. Not to worry you'll eventually win.
hemisent
Oberst

« Reply #18 on: April 23, 2011, 07:07:15 PM »

The mission ususally fails because either your side are too depleted of resources to possibly win the mission or you failed to achieve one of the objetives set in the mission script.

Well that explains it, I was the last surviving tank and was close to being overwhelmed.

PS.Is there any way to get your tank to move ahead slowly? Sort of like just to creep through heavy brush until just the barrel is sticking out.
whukid
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #19 on: April 23, 2011, 10:06:49 PM »

Hemi, once oyu're no longer anoob and able to handle yourself under fire without losing your compass Grin and getting killed I will email you some of my combat missions that I made for the Tiger I. Nothing sophisticated as what Kyth does but when it comes to grit, smoke , fire, shots, adrenaline and sheer grimness I can make my mark! Let's call Kyth Vivaldi and me Guns and Roses(only foir mass burials though....)

I'm up for a challenge! send em to me, and I'll give them a go

Pages: [1] 2
  Print  

Jump to: