Graviteam
May 04, 2024, 12:22:05 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: I can't succesfully update or patch beyond version 577  (Read 5529 times)
z1812
Oberleutnant

« on: September 21, 2012, 09:30:15 PM »

Hi All,

I have bought APOS and have not been able to successfully get beyond version 577. I can handle the updating and patching without problem. So I am able to update to 580 and then patch the "May 12" patch. However the units move so slowly that the game is unplayable. Even with maximum time compression. When I uninstall the game and re-install it is fine at version 577. That is the units move as they should. Obviously I would like to use the most recent update and patch.

My system is Win 7, intel 5 with 8G ram and 3.10Ghz. I worked over 4 hours trying different combinations to see what might work. I have checked the boards here, and at graviteam, but so far I have made little progress.

The 580 update does not seem to work for me unless I install the May 12 patch. If I try to update to 580 without the May 12 patch then I receive a "please insert disc "error message.

I have also posted this in the graviteam forum. Any help is appreciated.
Dane49
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #1 on: September 21, 2012, 09:46:59 PM »

Have you also installed the directX redist (June 2010)update yet?  http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=8109

If not,try that and see if that works.May patch is required for 5.80 update.

I have basically the same specs you have for the game,and it does run somewhat slow but not to the point I find it unplayable for me.Actually, it's barely noticable.
« Last Edit: September 22, 2012, 08:02:30 PM by dane49 » Logged
z1812
Oberleutnant

« Reply #2 on: September 21, 2012, 10:42:56 PM »

I have installed DX as you suggested but it has not made a difference. Still unplayably slow.

But thank you very much for responding. I do appreciate it.

I enjoy many wargames but this looks as if it could be special.............hopefully I can get it running properly..........time to re-install yet again..... Shocked
z1812
Oberleutnant

« Reply #3 on: September 22, 2012, 12:10:33 AM »

I can install everything without a problem. I understand the update and patch process and that took a while. It's the gameplay speed that is so slow. It is so slow as to be unplayable.
Dane49
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #4 on: September 22, 2012, 01:28:10 AM »

OK,here's another idea.Try disabling option 6.16 in the options menu,then click the red check mark at bottom of page to apply.I just ran a test and enabled the 6.16 option and my game slowed to a crawl,but after I disabled it again everything went back to normal.
« Last Edit: September 22, 2012, 02:33:26 AM by dane49 » Logged
z1812
Oberleutnant

« Reply #5 on: September 22, 2012, 03:48:42 AM »

Hi Dane49

Well..........................Thanks to you I just completed my first QB with troops moving at normal speeds. A very simple but satisfying first game.

I really appreciate your time and suggestions.  Grin  Grin  Without you I would still be spinning my wheels...............well actually they would be spinning extremely slowly.

I would have never thought to look at that section. I have never heard of such an option. In any case cheers and thanks again!!

All the Best

John
Dane49
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #6 on: September 22, 2012, 04:54:59 AM »

Good deal,glad I could help 8).

I went back to my options menu and looked at everything I had disabled and saw the time 6.16 was disabled and decided to enable it and see what happened and experienced the exact same problem you had described,and decided that was most likely the cause.

It was probably addressed already in one of the earlier postings because I doubt I would have disabled it knowingly,that is unless I had an informed reason for doing so.

But anyways,I'm glad everything is working for you now.
« Last Edit: September 22, 2012, 08:16:28 PM by dane49 » Logged
Tanker
Generalfeldmarschall

BRING BACK MARKERS

« Reply #7 on: September 22, 2012, 04:02:19 PM »

I've got that one enabled and all it does to me is throttle the clock speed up and down as more action takes place.  It's effect must be dependent from pc to pc.

Bring back 3D markers!
Dane49
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #8 on: September 22, 2012, 05:23:55 PM »

I find it to be a strange option for the game,considering that enabling it only has a negative impact on my games performance.It seems to create more problems than it solves.
« Last Edit: September 22, 2012, 08:19:43 PM by dane49 » Logged
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: