Graviteam
May 14, 2024, 07:19:57 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Source file corrupted  (Read 6151 times)
thelovingportrait
Oberleutnant

« on: February 07, 2012, 02:33:47 AM »

Hey all, I get then when I try to install. I can't find any help on Google. I installed this game via the stormpowered installer, as instructed. Could that be the problem? Not sure what to try.

C:\Storm Eagle Studios\Strategy First\Steel Fury\data\k42\loc_rus\cd\tex_pack9.datapack

An error occurred while trying to read the source file:
The source file is corrupted.
lockie
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #1 on: February 07, 2012, 05:42:11 AM »

An error occurred while trying to read the source file:
The source file is corrupted.
It does that source file is exactly corrupted. I don't see any other explanations.

Provocative signature removed
thelovingportrait
Oberleutnant

« Reply #2 on: February 07, 2012, 06:45:42 AM »

Thank you.

Are there any ideas I can try? I have already deleted and reinstalled everything, with the same result. Is the problem on Storm Eagle's end?

Thanks,

-Marshall
Kyth
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #3 on: February 07, 2012, 07:02:48 AM »

Are there any ideas I can try? I have already deleted and reinstalled everything, with the same result. Is the problem on Storm Eagle's end?

You'll probably need to check with them, those texture datapacks are important.

"What am I, chopped liver..?"

"Yes."
thelovingportrait
Oberleutnant

« Reply #4 on: February 07, 2012, 07:11:52 AM »

Thank you. I have submitted a ticket to tech support.

In the meantime, I am trying a reinstall of everything with Norton (my antivirus) temporarily turned off. I know it has interfered with past installations of other games. No idea if this could be the case this time.

Thanks.

-Marshall
frinik
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #5 on: February 07, 2012, 09:43:22 AM »

Worse come to worse , if Storm Eagle Studios( never heard of that company.How come it owns downalods or copies of Steel Fury?) can't help you, I can always email you mine .

I never liked Norton's Security AV.Whenever I buy a laptop or desktop it/they usually come with a month free subscription installation from Norton, I just wait for the month to be over and then delete the damned Norton folder and install free Panda AV or AVG.Try Panda Cloud 2012, the free edition.It's very game-friendly , easy to download and install ,comes with regular upgrades and is legal.
thelovingportrait
Oberleutnant

« Reply #6 on: February 09, 2012, 12:25:37 AM »

So far, I cannot get the game to actually install. It installs partway, then I get the error I mentioned above. I submitted a ticket to StormEagleStudios, and they asked me to send a DXDiag report, which I did yesterday, early AM. Since then, no reply whatsoever.

From your earlier reply, might I assume that they should not be selling this item in their store?

Here's their link: http://stormpowered.stormeaglestudios.com/games/8272/index.asp
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: