Graviteam
May 12, 2024, 01:56:00 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 22
  Print  
Author Topic: March 2013 update (news and discussion)  (Read 199885 times)
Aces
Generalleutnant

« Reply #260 on: March 14, 2013, 03:05:16 PM »

Here mate:

http://www.graviteam.ua/help/download-patches.html

"IL-2 MAT Manager" co-dev.,Silent Hunter III "Super Turms","Super Pens","Crew on Deck" ,Multi-Skin Bombers dev. Wings of Victory v2.10.
Gamefront: http://tinyurl.com/bpbaeyl
Mediafire: http://tinyurl.com/bn2aoqt
budd
Major

« Reply #261 on: March 15, 2013, 12:42:22 AM »

so are all the changes and additions documented somewhere, like an updated manual or am i going to hear the reply " use the in game help system" Wink ...........just asking.
Dane49
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #262 on: March 15, 2013, 01:13:50 AM »

You can use either note pad or word to open the files in the core folder and get some idea of what the ingame helper describes.

Go to your March 2013 download/CORE/loc_eng/packed_data/text_loc

Open the text_loc with either word or note pad and scroll down till you find some pargraphs written in English.There are areas in these paragraphs that explain most of everything in the game.

Its not a manual but more of an idea as to what your looking at in the game and what it means.
budd
Major

« Reply #263 on: March 15, 2013, 02:01:15 AM »

thx Dane.....i'll give it a look
sandman2575
Major

« Reply #264 on: March 15, 2013, 02:56:54 AM »

I'm having trouble installing the polygon update.  I got the March patch installed fine using the "update" in-game launcher.  When I do the same and select the "apos_upd_tar_rak_mar13_eng" file, it doesn't install it but instead opens a text file that says, literally:

Huh?
Huh?

So, I'm assuming something's wrong here.  Do I have a corrupt d/l?  It was 623 mb.
Tanker
Generalfeldmarschall

BRING BACK MARKERS

« Reply #265 on: March 15, 2013, 02:58:32 AM »

That's a handy find Dane.  Yes Budd, Andrey and GT have a thing against manuals.  I find the in game help inadequate.

Bring back 3D markers!
Tanker
Generalfeldmarschall

BRING BACK MARKERS

« Reply #266 on: March 15, 2013, 03:01:49 AM »

I'm having trouble installing the polygon update.  I got the March patch installed fine using the "update" in-game launcher.  When I do the same and select the "apos_upd_tar_rak_mar13_eng" file, it doesn't install it but instead opens a text file that says, literally:

Huh?
Huh?

So, I'm assuming something's wrong here.  Do I have a corrupt d/l?  It was 623 mb.

The polygon file you refer to is a 7zip file.  You have to decompress it. It is an .exe file, so just double click on it run it. You should get a folder named Core.  Inside that you should find a file called desc.addpack.  That is the file you need to tell the installer to navigate to and to install.
« Last Edit: March 15, 2013, 03:03:23 AM by Tanker » Logged

Bring back 3D markers!
Tanker
Generalfeldmarschall

BRING BACK MARKERS

« Reply #267 on: March 15, 2013, 03:07:00 AM »

Go to your March 2013 download/CORE/loc_eng/packed_data/text_loc

Where do I find that Dane?

Bring back 3D markers!
Dane49
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #268 on: March 15, 2013, 03:23:11 AM »

Whatever folder you downloaded the March 2013 patch in.The patch should have a CORE folder open it and follow the path till you get to the text_loc file (CORE/loc_eng/packed_data/text_loc).
Once you get to the text_loc file open it with either Word or Note Pad.

Most of the stuff in this file is code but keep strolling down till you come to English paragraphs.Basically everything written in English for the help tutorial is written here in this file.

Like I said it isn't a manual just what is in the help tutorial,no pictures,no in depth explanations,just the basics about what does what and what it means.

You won't learn how to play the game from the text,but it gives some more insight.
Thomasew
Major

« Reply #269 on: March 15, 2013, 03:24:52 AM »

Huh?
Huh?

Hi,

It looks like you have a corrupted download ... it should be 1.20 Gigabytes .. NOT .. 623 mb.  Sad

Also, .. you shouldn't have to extract the file ... as it has the gt2extension suffix, and will install just fine. If it doesn't have the gt2extension, .. then just rename it. e.g. apos_upd_tar_rak_mar13_eng.rar to apos_upd_tar_rak_mar13_eng.gt2extension.

Cheers
Tom
« Last Edit: March 15, 2013, 03:38:18 AM by Thomasew » Logged

He Who Will Not Risk Cannot Win
sandman2575
Major

« Reply #270 on: March 15, 2013, 03:41:17 AM »

I'm seriously confused now -- I didn't realize these were zip files.  When I downloaded them, they appeared on my desktop as ".gt2extension" files.

For the March 2013 patch -- "k43t_apos_patch_march13_eng.gt2extension" -- I believe I got it to install correctly without unzipping anything ('cuz I didn't realize it was a zip archive to begin with).  I just went into the game menu, pressed "Update," installed that file, got the "Clock" installing window, and then "save and play."  It seemed to work OK and the game launches with the new "Graviteam Tactics" window and seems to play fine.  Was there something else I was supposed to do?

I'll try re-downloading the polygon patch.  But is the above procedure for installing correct, or is there something else I should be doing?

appreciate the help --

EDIT -- just re-read your post -- so it sounds like what I did was correct, I just need to re-download polygon patch and do what I did with the March patch -- ?
Thomasew
Major

« Reply #271 on: March 15, 2013, 03:47:39 AM »

Hi Sandman,

Correct ... exactly the same procedure as you used for the Patch.

Forget about the confusion about zip, rar or 7zip files and any other procedures.

I can see that some folk are confusing you. You DO NOT need to extract anything.

Just download again .. make sure the downloaded file is 1.20 Gb and has the gt2extension, and you'll be fine.

Cheers
Tom

He Who Will Not Risk Cannot Win
sandman2575
Major

« Reply #272 on: March 15, 2013, 04:13:23 AM »

OK -- it worked this time

-thanks!
Dane49
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #273 on: March 15, 2013, 04:14:25 AM »

8)
Aces
Generalleutnant

« Reply #274 on: March 15, 2013, 08:11:57 AM »

Okay, I've got to be thick here but I cannot find the new German radio man. Andrey posted "And where do you look them? Select Fire Platoon commander and look in Artillery chapter". I looked at the fire team commanders for mortars, artillery, infantry guns as well as infantry platoon commanders, company commanders and batallion commanders without success. What does "look in Artillery chapter" mean?. Is this this a chapter in the help documentation on Artillery?, I looked in the help and didn't find any reference to them.

Also I cannot fathom out the indicate target with flares function. This is in the help which mentions vehicle and platoon commanders etc. having this facility but how does one use it?

Regards

Aces

"IL-2 MAT Manager" co-dev.,Silent Hunter III "Super Turms","Super Pens","Crew on Deck" ,Multi-Skin Bombers dev. Wings of Victory v2.10.
Gamefront: http://tinyurl.com/bpbaeyl
Mediafire: http://tinyurl.com/bn2aoqt
orson
Oberstleutnant

« Reply #275 on: March 16, 2013, 04:12:10 AM »

Love the new reverse function  , it allows for very precise vehicle placement ,so useful... thank you !   Kiss

I see the little radio teams moving about , what exactly are the benefits of having a radio link ?

Dane49
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #276 on: March 16, 2013, 04:37:23 AM »

I see the little radio teams moving about , what exactly are the benefits of having a radio link

Exactly,I have no idea.This a question Andrey will have to answer.

All I know it's better to have one than not have one if you want to relay orders at a distance greater than voice command(50-100 meters).

Some radios are suppose to be stronger than others and some are just receivers,but I have no idea which ones are which.

I'm still trying to figure out if all the orders emanate from one source such as a Company or batallion commander.
And if so, what if I have 2 platoons on the map with no company commander,which platoon leader would be the overall commander.

This new commo deal still has me a little baffled,I'm sure I'll figure it out eventually,but it won't be anytime soon.
Flanker15
Generalmajor

« Reply #277 on: March 16, 2013, 06:41:59 AM »

Having wired comms gives you the advantage of being able to pass enemy locations to other units for more effective fire/blind fire.  It also lets them stay in command so giving the unit wont require your command bar to be full and the unit will have better morale.   
The radios are the same as wired com except better!  The little heavy weapons icon( first icon on the unit icon bar at the bottom) will show its radio status in the top right as a little "(-)"  black for long range transmitter, blue for short range and red for receiver only ( some vehicles cant use their radio in motion btw). 
The cap icon on the unit bar ( near the right side) shows little icons for: wired com connected ( phone icon top left) in radio com ((-) top right) (blue bar up top means in any sort of com voice/radio/wire). 
BigDuke66
Major

« Reply #278 on: March 16, 2013, 08:35:45 AM »

Thanks for the info.
I wish we had a wiki to let such precious info flow into it.

"Spread word to every slave, that even the mighty republic bleeds when struck!"
THE BLITZ WARGAMING CLUB
Mission: To help the rookies, connect the regulars and honor the hardcore!
JOIN AT http://www.theblitz.org
Dane49
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #279 on: March 16, 2013, 09:05:35 AM »

I wish we had a wiki to let such precious info flow into it.

A few guys tried to put together a APOS manual about 6 months ago on the Matrix forum,had about 6 pages of useful information on how to play and the different mechanical functions and features in the game.

If you read the manual today almost none of it applies to the present game.

This game is constantly evolving.I hardly recognize it from APK43 anymore,and the last year has seen immense improvements.So if last year is any measure as to what we will see this year,then I think it is safe to say that what we see today may be completely different 6-9 months from now.It seems as soon as I master one area of the game it changes shortly there after.I'm not complaining,all the changes have been very welcome improvements and have increased my enjoyment of the game.

What I am saying though,is don't look at the new improvements as the final product,and if someone was to start and maintain and update a Wiki He in effect will probably be volunteering himself to a mini part time job.
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 22
  Print  

Jump to: