Graviteam
May 06, 2024, 06:22:27 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: user_regpoly.engcfg for desert maps  (Read 6763 times)
hemisent
Oberst

« on: May 21, 2011, 07:42:30 PM »

Ok, now I've got a question on this one. I have the three missions installed, text line added to camp_list.engcfg and the three missions now show up on startup. As for adding the 3 maps...

Where is the user_regpoly.engcfg ? In comparing my camp folder with the above it looks like I'm missing regpoly.engcfg and user_regpoly.engcfg and

« Last Edit: May 21, 2011, 09:19:26 PM by hemisent » Logged
Kyth
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #1 on: May 22, 2011, 12:48:38 AM »

The user_regpoly file doesn't show up until you unpack your first map. Using the 'unpack' feature in the Map Creation program.

However, you can rename the backup file, included in the download, user_regpoly.txt to user_regpoly.engcfg.

The regpoly.engcfg has to be extracted from the main.datapack using the archive editor. Or you could read this and create your own:

http://graviteam.com/forum/index.php?topic=2919.0

"What am I, chopped liver..?"

"Yes."
frinik
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #2 on: May 22, 2011, 03:54:57 AM »

Or Hemi |I can email you the Hill206 polypack map with the rest of the stuff.Up to you....
hemisent
Oberst

« Reply #3 on: May 22, 2011, 01:33:24 PM »

Hi Frinik
  If that would be simpler yes, I'd appreciate it. You're already going to e mail me those two missions so maybe just include it. Are there instructions as to what to do as I'm really unclear about all this packing-unpacking procedures with maps as I've been in the ME lately and haven't even thought about maps yet.

Anyway, whatever you can do is appreciated as always Frinik.

Thanks
H
frinik
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #4 on: May 22, 2011, 01:43:55 PM »

If you hqave the missions already installed all you have to do is unpack the polypack file through the map_editor. Not sure if you need to generate it .Check the env file to make sure there's a Hill 206 file in the list.  Should the mission not load when playing it don't worry and go to the map_gen and click on generate. It's been a long time since I installed both maps and missions so it aint clear in my mind.
  The Hilkl206 map is only goodwith Tobruk2 and Afrikakorps01 for Africa& also called the road to Sidi Rezegh made by Stone2009  you need a sepa
Cheers           
frinik
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #5 on: May 22, 2011, 01:47:41 PM »

The Hill206 is only good with Afrikakorps01 and Africa1.For Tobruk2( also called the Road to Sidi Rezegh.Mqay be it's the opposite Africa1 is the Road to Sidi rezegh not 100% sure Kyth can confirm) you need to do a separate pack and map.

if you have the missions already installed the Hill206 polypack should work without the map needing to be generated.Still unpack it trhough map_editor and then generate it through the map_gen.
guisongs
« Reply #6 on: December 11, 2011, 04:23:55 AM »

please i try to install desert mod and i cannot make it work

i dont have camp_list.engcfg and ever the folder for it.

i posted a "ask for help" and look for a good soul
people not egoist to share his knowledge with me.

about a online class that can hep me
(i can pay 100 dolars each one hour lesson)
skype, msn watever.

1) install desert mods
2) understand the mission editor
make a mission about my tank against 3 tanks
just i need is desert anmient, how put my tank and a enemy
tank on map, how add waypoints (on the enemy to make it move)
and save a map

after open a map again, i will want change the tanks position, behavior and
change the waypoints, so i can create different battles but keep
all other things the same (the map, terrain, etc)
and save a mission again.

The user_regpoly file doesn't show up until you unpack your first map. Using the 'unpack' feature in the Map Creation program.

However, you can rename the backup file, included in the download, user_regpoly.txt to user_regpoly.engcfg.

The regpoly.engcfg has to be extracted from the main.datapack using the archive editor. Or you could read this and create your own:

http://graviteam.com/forum/index.php?topic=2919.0
frinik
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #7 on: December 11, 2011, 06:53:46 AM »

Rather than pay somebody $ 100/hour I suggest you read and download Friedrich Wilhelm's basic mission-making tutorials ot learn how the ME works.

Here's the link to the thread:

http://graviteam.com/forum/index.php?topic=7343.0
Kyth
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #8 on: December 12, 2011, 07:02:53 AM »

Rather than pay somebody $ 100/hour I suggest you read and download Friedrich Wilhelm's basic mission-making tutorials ot learn how the ME works.

Here's the link to the thread:

http://graviteam.com/forum/index.php?topic=7343.0

Agreed.

All that useful information in this forum happens to be free, and non-egoistic as well,

"What am I, chopped liver..?"

"Yes."
frinik
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #9 on: December 12, 2011, 12:54:05 PM »

Yes free of egoism that is.... Grin

Guisong; I wrote 2 posts in French since it seems to be your mother tongue.Sorry for the lack of accents but with a qwerty keyboard it's difficult!
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: