Graviteam
May 15, 2024, 01:26:13 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Time simulation speed  (Read 6938 times)
maxi_s
Oberleutnant

« on: May 03, 2012, 05:06:14 PM »

hello, I have one doubt regarding the simulation time in which transucrre the game.

When entering the phase of RTS over time, the game shows me that time passes in the following range x1.0 [0.5] or x1.0 [0.9]. I tried changing the graphics configuarción from the lowest to the middle and still have the same problem. In addition tried to increase the simulation speed to x1.5 and has no effect.

Anyone know how to solve this problem?.

My system is:

*win7x64
*processor intel(R) Q720 i7 1.6 (2.8 GHz turbo mode)
*ATI mobility raedom HD 5870
*4Gb RAM

Thank you. regards
« Last Edit: May 06, 2012, 04:54:35 AM by maxi_s » Logged
MJR
Oberleutnant

« Reply #1 on: May 03, 2012, 05:27:39 PM »

What i have been doing after giving the initial orders to my troops i switch to the overhead map and then i can run the game at a faster speed than if i stayed in the 3d tactical view then when the action starts switch back to 3d.
I think you need a powerful system to run it at 6x normal speed in the 3d tactical view.
maxi_s
Oberleutnant

« Reply #2 on: May 08, 2012, 04:48:47 AM »

What i have been doing after giving the initial orders to my troops i switch to the overhead map and then i can run the game at a faster speed than if i stayed in the 3d tactical view then when the action starts switch back to 3d.
I think you need a powerful system to run it at 6x normal speed in the 3d tactical view.

with the features of my system, it is possible that the simulation speed be so slow even in the lowest graphic quality?
MJR
Oberleutnant

« Reply #3 on: May 08, 2012, 06:06:37 PM »

You could try making sure that that your proccessor and graphics card are not running in power saving mode as they sometimes default to power saving mode on a laptop and wont be runnig at 100%.
If you play a tactical battle and look at the map fullscreen instead of the 3D view can you increase the time to 6x normal then or will it still not run above 1.5x normal ?
Oshbert
Leutnant

« Reply #4 on: May 11, 2012, 02:28:05 AM »

I'm thinking that there might be a bug with the simulation speed.  When I disable option 6.6 "Change game speed automatically" to "disable", I can manually accelerate time to the maximum and everything works perfectly.  All graphical options are set to their highest and the game looks beautiful.  When I set this option to "enable", the tactical game crawls and is too slow to be playable.  The only downside to disabling this option is that the game won't automatically slow down for various criteria such as "enemy spotted", "leader killed", etc.

I also have the Operation Kharkov 1943 game and the simulation speed works perfectly in that game with all graphical options maxed out.  There is no "Change game speed automatically" option in that game.

In short, it looks like a bug to me.

Windows Vista 32 bit - Service Pack 2
Intel Core2 quad cpu  Q660@ 2.40GHz
3.00 GB RAM
MJR
Oberleutnant

« Reply #5 on: May 11, 2012, 01:56:13 PM »

I'm thinking that there might be a bug with the simulation speed.  When I disable option 6.6 "Change game speed automatically" to "disable", I can manually accelerate time to the maximum and everything works perfectly.  All graphical options are set to their highest and the game looks beautiful.  When I set this option to "enable", the tactical game crawls and is too slow to be playable. 

Just tried disabling option 6.6 and my in game speed now goes all the way upto 6x normal, though it gets a bit laggy for me when i go to quick. The option 6.6 when set to enable must just limit the game in speed automatically when things get a bit busy and would then automatically slow down the speed so you dont see any lag. Well spotted though i dont mind seeing a bit of lag when the game is speeded up as a prefered option to being unable to speed the game up unless i am looking at the fullscreen map view. Just need a pretty quick CPU to run the game on max at 6x normal speed in a 3d tactical battle and be lag free.
maxi_s
Oberleutnant

« Reply #6 on: May 14, 2012, 10:21:59 PM »

I'm thinking that there might be a bug with the simulation speed.  When I disable option 6.6 "Change game speed automatically" to "disable", I can manually accelerate time to the maximum and everything works perfectly.  All graphical options are set to their highest and the game looks beautiful.  When I set this option to "enable", the tactical game crawls and is too slow to be playable.  The only downside to disabling this option is that the game won't automatically slow down for various criteria such as "enemy spotted", "leader killed", etc.

I also have the Operation Kharkov 1943 game and the simulation speed works perfectly in that game with all graphical options maxed out.  There is no "Change game speed automatically" option in that game.

3.00 GB RAM

It works !!!!!  thank you very much !!!!

PS: the option was 6.16
« Last Edit: August 05, 2012, 11:13:18 PM by maxi_s » Logged
RooksBailey
Oberleutnant

« Reply #7 on: June 23, 2012, 07:40:42 AM »

3.00 GB RAM

It works !!!!!  thank you very much !!!!

PS: the option was 1.16

Hey guys,

Having the same problem here.  Just where is option 1.16?  I checked the settings panel but didn't see any 1.16 to change game speed automatically.   Huh?
Lemonade
Oberstleutnant

« Reply #8 on: June 23, 2012, 11:23:35 AM »

It's 6.16 in Special Settings.
RooksBailey
Oberleutnant

« Reply #9 on: June 23, 2012, 08:30:36 PM »

Found it, thanks!
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: