Graviteam
May 02, 2024, 10:36:21 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Playing as Axis in videogames is illegal - proposal in Russia  (Read 4681 times)
lavish
Oberst

« on: March 27, 2014, 09:40:47 AM »

And what should one think about this?
http://www.themoscowtimes.com/news/article/new-bill-proposes-fines-for-online-maidan-video-game/496838.html
lockie
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #1 on: March 27, 2014, 11:38:50 AM »

I think it's a right decision for the russians. As for other games, I don't see any problems at all. There will be a special variant, where german side(and their allies) will be blocked and russians will be able to play only for the soviet. For any case, USA and GBR could be blocked also.

Provocative signature removed
Tanker
Generalfeldmarschall

BRING BACK MARKERS

« Reply #2 on: March 28, 2014, 12:05:08 AM »

Freedom of choice was never very popular anyway.

Bring back 3D markers!
topnik
Oberstleutnant

« Reply #3 on: March 29, 2014, 03:26:08 PM »

Almost 70 years after the end of WW2 this proposal seems absurd...
Boggit
Oberleutnant

« Reply #4 on: March 30, 2014, 05:13:12 PM »

Almost 70 years after the end of WW2 this proposal seems absurd...
I totally agree. These are historical games, not modern day statements of political affiliation. Given that both the Nazi's and the Soviets BOTH had a track record of evil atrocities, perhaps they should ban playing either side! Grin You'll be able to choose a scenario, play around with the options, but not actually be able to pick a side, because of the atrocities perpetrated on each others populations . I don't condone any of the atrocities committed by either side Cry, but it's laughable to suggest this proposal.

Attilla, Aurangzeb, the Romans, and Genghis Khan were supposed to have killed millions too, but you don't see their wargame armies being banned. What a crock of politically correct sh1t! Roll Eyes
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: